SCOTUS strikes down gay marriage bans nationwide

The county clerk in Dallas has already announced that the clerk's office will be open additional hours if necessary in order to accommodate marriage license requests.

Abbott can't do shit about this other than what our conservative friends here on the board are doing.....crying in their beer. Originally Posted by timpage
Didn't take long for Greg to respond.
http://www.texomashomepage.com/story...gkmpNLVzK2UoMA Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I don't know. Texas has been pretty shitty with dealing with the poor and Obamacare.

Abbot's statement, last paragraph, is telling:

“As I have done in the past, I will continue to defend the religious liberties of all Texans—including those whose conscience dictates that marriage is only the union of one man and one woman. Later today, I will be issuing a directive to state agencies instructing them to prioritize the protection of Texans’ religious liberties.”

Sounds to me like Abbot might make some waves with regard to this new ruling.
I don't know. Texas has been pretty shitty with dealing with the poor and Obamacare.

Abbot's statement, last paragraph, is telling:

“As I have done in the past, I will continue to defend the religious liberties of all Texans—including those whose conscience dictates that marriage is only the union of one man and one woman. Later today, I will be issuing a directive to state agencies instructing them to prioritize the protection of Texans’ religious liberties.”

Sounds to me like Abbot might make some waves with regard to this new ruling. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I am betting he is going to issue some directive stating that clergy who disagree with the ruling can't be forced to perform gay marriage ceremonies.....whatever it will be, rest assured it's meaningless and will be designed to pander to his insane base here in the Lone Star State.
Agreed timpage.

The future jailbird Attorney General Ken Paxton said yesterday that no matter how SCOTUS rules, nobody is to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple until he figured everything out.

Meanwhile, they're stamping em out at Travis County!

Pity when doing the right thing is such a mindfuck to those to whom NO is an action step.
Sad sad day. Next thing you know there will be gays on here selling their man booty Originally Posted by D.G.
Are you buying?

Did you find your bride on ECCIE?

Are you looking for one?

What an utterly stupid fucking comment!
What a turd he is....yeah, let's make sure that the haters who were the ones that necessitated a SCOTUS opinion on making sure gays have equal rights and due process are protected from the gay hordes. And, let's disrespect the Supreme Court of United States. Hard to believe he actually went to law school.

Well, he knows his base here in Texas. Originally Posted by timpage
You mean WHEELBASE, right?
I couldn't be happier. The instant I heard the news about the ruling, I called my brother and his partner. They were both crying and excited. Finally, at long last, they too can start planning their wedding.
They're just people. Like everybody else.....
Attached Images File Type: jpg slide_436062_5714250_free.jpg (316.1 KB, 59 views)

Meanwhile, they're stamping em out at Travis County!... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Just read a bit in the Austin Chronicle and the Travis County Clerk has already announced that they'll be open on the 4th of July, and the 5th.

Bet that next weekend, Austin is going to have a A LOT of newlyweds!
I couldn't be happier. The instant I heard the news about the ruling, I called my brother and his partner. They were both crying and excited. Finally, at long last, they too can start planning their wedding. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
What are the odds that in a few years, you will be on this very Forum telling us all about their Divorce and how that "bitch" is trying to take him to the cleaners

Seriously, though, along with Gay Marriage, comes all the legal ramifications of entering into a legal marriage, rather than simply "shacking up". You just can't walk away from a legal marriage.

I wonder if the Common Law statutes will apply to same sex couples as well. A friend of mine found out the hard way that after you live with somebody for years, (no marriage), that if you decide to kick her out, she can file for common law status. Hell, he was married, and didn't even know it, until he got a call from her Lawyer.

In the past, there have been some famous "palimony" suites, where some ole bull dyke had her a little sugar baby, and ended up paying to get rid of her. I think Martina Navratolova went through that.

Anyway. Welcome aboard, all of you gay couples. Life just got more complicated.
I am very sorry to all the gay members on this board but I am strongly against gay marriage it's totally against Christianity and every other monotheistic religion plus it's just unnatural. Republicans are correct in this issue.
What are the odds that in a few years, you will be on this very Forum telling us all about their Divorce and how that "bitch" is trying to take him to the cleaners

Seriously, though, along with Gay Marriage, comes all the legal ramifications of entering into a legal marriage, rather than simply "shacking up". You just can't walk away from a legal marriage.

I wonder if the Common Law statutes will apply to same sex couples as well. A friend of mine found out the hard way that after you live with somebody for years, (no marriage), that if you decide to kick her out, she can file for common law status. Hell, he was married, and didn't even know it, until he got a call from her Lawyer.

In the past, there have been some famous "palimony" suites, where some ole bull dyke had her a little sugar baby, and ended up paying to get rid of her. I think Martina Navratolova went through that.

Anyway. Welcome aboard, all of you gay couples. Life just got more complicated. Originally Posted by Jackie S
What are the odds? I would say extremely low. My brother and his partner have been together for about 23 years. Meanwhile, my two sisters and my parents have a total of 12 marriages between them all. I'm the black sheep who never got married and never had any desire to marry.

Sure there will be gay divorces. There will also be gay couples who celebrate 50 year wedding anniversaries too, and everything in between.
What are the odds? I would say extremely low. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Divorces have already started here in Texas. Out of state marriages were recognized for the purpose of granting divorces. That's a new "specialty" in the legal profession .... handling gay marriage dissolution and prenups.
What's next? Gun controls? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Probably. Be careful what you wish for though.

Jim
I am very sorry to all the gay members on this board but I am strongly against gay marriage it's totally against Christianity and every other monotheistic religion plus it's just unnatural. Republicans are correct in this issue. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
So is fornication with prostitutes, but that doesn't bother you, does it, WeeEndowed, the white God Fauxing Christian? Btw, have you sent those threatening pms to the Mods yet?
Oh no the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Religion is nothing more than a fabrication made to control and intimidate the masses into doing what they are told. It is a form of psychopathy that is meant to control. "Do this or you will go to hell!" in spite of the fact that there is no proof whatsoever that hell actually exists except maybe Detroit.
Sin must exist in your mind as a proof of your ability and maturity to tell the difference from right and wrong. The Koch brothers actually believe that what they are doing (pollution from their refineries and coal plants) is good for everyone, but it is particularly good for themselves in terms of wealth. Bad for us from the health perspective, global warming, etc.
We are rational creatures who have learned long ago what is right and wrong as well as what is good and bad. If you really need a phantom in the sky to talk to, help yourself. However, if you tell people that he/she actually speaks to you, they may lock you up because that is psychotic.

So one of my gay friends recently told me the other day if it gets overturned, "Great, now I have no excuse when my mother asks my why I'm not married yet..."