LeBron and James Hardin Apologize to China. WTF

At one of their news conferences, some reporter should ask LeBron or Harden who Mao was.

I would love to here the answers. Originally Posted by Jackie S
They'd say "He was the center for the Rockets back in 2000's."

Hey, anybody remember this quote? "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything." By Nike? Colin Kap said it.
Lebron is a sellout. He don't care about a billion Chinese. He just care about his money.
  • WTF
  • 10-16-2019, 09:20 AM
How much do they make from China? Originally Posted by friendly fred
The NBA made about as much from China as Trump made from Turkey.

And Hong Kong was about as useful to the NBA as the Kurds are to Trump.

And Hong Kong was about as useful to the NBA as the Kurds are to Trump. Originally Posted by WTF

I've read through this thread multiple times and I guess I'm confused. What does LeBron and Harden appeasing China have anything to do with Trump? Is this one of those things where Trump haters see him everywhere and have to include him in every discussion?

Also, this is incorrect (Even though I know it was made in jest as a point). Access to the Chinese market is one of the most sought out things in the entertainment industry. It's why you have video game developers like Ubisoft removing slot machines and risque imagery from their game after the Chinese demanded it. It's why you have Hollywood producing sub-par movies as of late, because even if the Western audience doesn't like it, the Chinese market eats up anything Western. It's why you have Blizzard banning a professional gamer (And the announcers, who had nothing to do with it) for showing support of Hong Kong on a live stream. If these companies could access the Chinese market without going through their government, they would, but they can't so they do whatever it takes to appease the Chinese government. It's all about the money to them. That's why people have an issue with it. These companies, and specifically these players, are outspoken on social issues, but throw that aside when they have the chance to make more money.

On a funny note more along the topic, LeBron recently had the opportunity to design the story mode for NBA 2K20. In this game, he gives a speech about standing up for the little guy and people without voices. It's him. He helped write the script, he voice-acted the lines. Extremely ironic after the Chinese situation. Link to the video, if you're interested. The relevant part is 3 minutes in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcA16aHJhos
  • oeb11
  • 10-16-2019, 09:42 AM

And Hong Kong was about as useful to the NBA as the Kurds are to Trump.

Originally Posted by WTF

WTF - Let's se the evidence/proof of money from Turkey to trump
you allegation - and if the DPST's had any proof of such - all this Ukraine Whistle Blower Bs would be back page while they focused on Turkey.

Where's the Beef - Nah - just DPST baseless accusations after the model of Nadler and

Schiff.
  • oeb11
  • 10-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Trump haters gotta hate - and regardless of any action the POTUS takes - they will hate.
One track pony.
  • WTF
  • 10-16-2019, 10:47 AM
WTF - Let's se the evidence/proof of money from Turkey to trump
you allegation - and if the DPST's had any proof of such - all this Ukraine Whistle Blower Bs would be back page while they focused on Turkey.

. Originally Posted by oeb11
You ever heard of Trump Towers in Turkey....you know how much that would cost Trump to lose?

• oeb11
  • 10-16-2019, 11:09 AM
Trump Towers Istanbul are two conjoined towers in Şişli, Istanbul, Turkey. One of the towers is an office tower, and the other a residential tower, consisting of over 200 residences.[1] The complex also holds a shopping mall with some 80 shops and a multiplex cinema. They are the first Trump Towers built in Europe. The property developer is Turkish billionaire Aydın Doğan, in a license-partnership with American businessman and current United States President Donald Trump. Many businesses based in Europe and the Middle East occupy the complex.

Opened in 2010

You alleged financial impropriety/illegality in connection with this property - so where is your evidence?
NONE- Just WTF lies.

All WTF has to present is stupid videos of no relevance.

Enjoy your Trump hate WTF- post all the lies you want - WTF has no credibility .

Pathetic.
Sooooo is WTF going to just gloss over my question and points related to the actual topic (LeBron and China) and just go on about Trump and Turkey? Or do they usually come back?
Not sure how WTF works. I'm new to the Politics board. Lol
when will LeBron and Hardin apologize for black on black slavery? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Saturday
Saturday Originally Posted by matchingmole

what century?

21st