Half of US Republicans SUPPORT President Obamas proposal to raise the minimum wage

In Switzerland it was 16.50 for a Burger King double whopper meal. Nobody seemed to have a problem with it ... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I bought one at Geneva airport.

I had a problem with it an hour later.
Not really a common sense issue, unless the common sense is for all to oppose.

You cannot create wealth by mandating income. Contrary to yssup`s statement, when everyone makes more things just cost more. Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle
+1 The only thing that changes are numbers -- just like when Mexico "lowered" prices* when it revalued the 1,000 MXP Peso as 1.00 Nuevo Peso. All prices, consequently, were gloriously lowered.

The complementary side effect, however, was that wages were decreased by the same multiple. Mandatory minimum wages do the same thing, except in reverse.

(*btw, this wasn't a 'gimmick' Mexico used to "lower" prices; it was an economic measure to make their currency more functional by eliminating unnecessary zeros.)
Wrong again ACP.

You need a better Google bar!

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hahahaha, ya think. Post the link then.
http://de.burger-king.ch/restaurants

BTW - 1:00 CHF = 1.07 USD. Originally Posted by Maxmilla
That would be the link ACP. Guess you weren't paying attention for a change.
Raise it to $10,00.00 a hr, I could care less. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Well I COULDN'T care less. Sorry babe, I had too.

Shoot while we're at it, lets give all min wage earners a pony and a talking rabbit. Hell, lets give them each a gun too.

You folks arguing FOR the min wage increase obviously don't have to run a business and pay that shit from your own pocket. It's either a min wage increase or Obamacare. It's not possible to pull off both for 99% of small business's. I thought democrats were supposed to be FOR the little guy?
That would be the link ACP. Guess you weren't paying attention for a change. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yep cheaper prices than in America.
Well I COULDN'T care less. Sorry babe, I had to. Hmmm, I make it a point never to talk rates with a provider.

Shoot while we're at it, lets give all min wage earners a pony and a talking rabbit. Hell, lets give them each a gun too. Glenna will board them all for free on her Ponderosa. Have you got some sort of wabbit thing going on (I mean besides the vibrator attachment)?

You folks arguing FOR the min wage increase obviously don't have to run a business and pay that shit from your own pocket. It's either a min wage increase or Obamacare. It's not possible to pull off both for 99% of small business's. I thought democrats were supposed to be FOR the little guy? One isn't running much of a business if the proposed increase in the minimum wage puts you under. Besides, why don't you just get you some illegals - that's why they are here in the first place and why the border is so porous. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Fu*k, I just love it when some dumbass removes all doubt by posting horseradish such as the above.
Yep cheaper prices than in America. Originally Posted by acp5762

Prices at least twice as high. I guess you can't count either. Unless you're referring to the exchange rate between the USDollar and Swiss Franc ... Naw, you probably didn't know the name of Swiss currency.

But hey, you wanted to make a point of this. Let's move on to the minimum wage.

Are you in favor of raising it or not?
Well I COULDN'T care less. Sorry babe, I had too.

Shoot while we're at it, lets give all min wage earners a pony and a talking rabbit. Hell, lets give them each a gun too.

You folks arguing FOR the min wage increase obviously don't have to run a business and pay that shit from your own pocket. It's either a min wage increase or Obamacare. It's not possible to pull off both for 99% of small business's. I thought democrats were supposed to be FOR the little guy? Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Thanks for reminding me how brilliant you are, Ma Barfer!
Prices at least twice as high. I guess you can't count either. Unless you're referring to the exchange rate between the USDollar and Swiss Franc ... Naw, you probably didn't know the name of Swiss currency.

But hey, you wanted to make a point of this. Let's move on to the minimum wage.

Are you in favor of raising it or not? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It's just another political scheme to make people think that the higher a wage is the better the economy will get. Thats not going to be the case in fact expect just the opposite. Who's going to fit the bill for the wage increase? I doubt it's good strategy to increase the Min wage during a period of economic reccession. Then again Iam not an Economist.
Is that a yes or a no?
So, why has no one answered? What is the appropriate minimum wage?
So, why has no one answered? What is the appropriate minimum wage? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Because, gritsmaster, we are enjoying your needy whining about no one answering.
No, it's because you have no answer to the question, RaggedyAndy, do you?
No, it's because you have no answer to the question, RaggedyAndy, do you? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Sorry, gritsmaster, even you really realize I've got you boxed in and all you have is your usual, typical, flaccid nonsense.. Sucks, doesn't it? All dressed up and nowhere to run and hide.