General Colin Powell Interview

So, if Colin Powell got away with it, we must let Hillary get away with it, too. Regardless of intervening laws and protocols. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Powell set up the email for the State Dept to drag them from the 19th century. He just used a private email account. and didn't save ant of them.

Wow, that is a pretty head in the sand world view. So you think there are no racist bigots in the conservative movement? That is as stupid as saying there are no hard core communists in the liberal movemment. Open your eyes and ears and you will find racists in any large group.

And are you implying there is something wrong with where he lives? That he shouldn't live there because it is mostly white? Or is your point that once someone's house is worth more than $X they are not allowed to spend time in less affluent areas, or maybe if they don't live in a slum they cannot see the problems there? I don't know what you meant, but it comes across that you have a jealousy streak about the community he lives in. Originally Posted by Old-T
can you read?

I am taking exception to his dark vein
  • Old-T
  • 03-10-2015, 11:12 AM
can you read?

I am taking exception to his dark vein Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Yes, I can. And I commented on that part.

But you also went on about the kind of community he lives in--and I did not see the clear connection to your dark vein comment.
Yes, I can. And I commented on that part.

But you also went on about the kind of community he lives in--and I did not see the clear connection to your dark vein comment. Originally Posted by Old-T
commented incorrectly I might add
It appears that JDIdiot's vivid, conspiratorial "imagination" is working overtime this morning.

He actually has a much better understanding of the "plight of the black man" than a:

Drum roll please:

"Black Man!"

Should anyone have any questions regarding the " plight of the black man," feel free to contact JDIdiot.

He has all the answers!

If he doesn't know the answer, he will be more than happy to make something up!

Get 'er done! Originally Posted by bigtex
Another Clinton like lie from Tampon. No where did I say that I understood the plight of the black man. You lied like a rug. I said that Powell didn't understand.
I never said he started anything, I did point out that his words can very easily be read as whining and envious.

The topic was Colin Powell. Not every thread has to be turned into a Clinton/Bush/Obama referendum.
Originally Posted by Old-T
Clintons = folks who want to share others wealth to get votes. No referendum.

I didn't take what he said as "whiny" or "envy" at all. Some people forget "where they came from" and "what they were" ... They spend too much time away from their "roots" ... and they begin to get "out of touch." Some because they don't want others to know. Some are "pretending" to be something they are not. Others are just so involved in the "new life" they don't have time to "revisit" their past ... too painful to remember?

"Nouveau riche" ... and then are those who are intoxicated with power.

All of those cause a distance from those without money or power.
Get away with what? I truly don't know what you are referring to.

Without knowing a whole lot more about him, present and past, that is a very broad statement. Clearly he is not himself poor, but you imply no one with money can relate to someone without. That I do not believe. The mind--if it cares to--can reach across and "relate to" situations different from their own.

Wow, that is a pretty head in the sand world view. So you think there are no racist bigots in the conservative movement? That is as stupid as saying there are no hard core communists in the liberal movemment. Open your eyes and ears and you will find racists in any large group.

And are you implying there is something wrong with where he lives? That he shouldn't live there because it is mostly white? Or is your point that once someone's house is worth more than $X they are not allowed to spend time in less affluent areas, or maybe if they don't live in a slum they cannot see the problems there? I don't know what you meant, but it comes across that you have a jealousy streak about the community he lives in. Originally Posted by Old-T

I never once mentioned his money. The army gives you a number of perks when you make command rank. This isolated Powell all the way back in 1976. What does he know about driving his own car, doing the things like mowing the grass, paying the bills for food, or making his own appointments for speaking to a university.
Another Clinton like lie from Tampon. No where did I say that I understood the plight of the black man. You lied like a rug. I said that Powell didn't understand. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
that's all he's got ...

... and little childish cartoon characters to give his dead thoughts a life.
Powell set up the email for the State Dept to drag them from the 19th century. He just used a private email account. and didn't save ant of them. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
What does that have to do with anything? If Powell hid his emails, he should be treated accordingly. I don't see how that makes a difference to my comment. Oh, it's LittleEva. Never mind. Can't expect him to make any sense.
What does that have to do with anything? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Now I know you've been keeping up better than that!

When Obaminable ran for office he lied to everyone by telling them his administration was going to be transparent and different from those evil beasts he was going to replace ... you know .. Bush and Cheney .. Well now that his loyal supporters are finding out they were tricked into voting for him 2x's, and that he lied to them about being "different" from than those "others" (which included Hillarious BTW), rather than "man up" and admit they were duped ...

they now proclaim that ... errrr ... "the others did it" so "it's ok"!!!!!!!!!!

They think everyone is as gullible as they are, and will believe anything.
Yeah. That's all they have. Even today Obama was claiming his is the most transparent administration in history. I think he believes it.
Even today Obama was claiming his is the most transparent administration in history. I think he believes it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
He, like his loyal apologists, believes that if he repeats "it" enough times, then people will actually start believing it. He's not even a good liar. Michelle knows.
Powell set up the email for the State Dept to drag them from the 19th century. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I think the telegraph did that once electricity was in place.

Remember the one to Pearl Harbor just before the attack. Oh, wait ... I forgot.

You are one of those Marginaliminus children, who won't ever reach maturity.
What does that have to do with anything? If Powell hid his emails, he should be treated accordingly. I don't see how that makes a difference to my comment. Oh, it's LittleEva. Never mind. Can't expect him to make any sense. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You really are a blank slate aren't you dull knife.
Now I know you've been keeping up better than that!

When Obaminable ran for office he lied to everyone by telling them his administration was going to be transparent and different from those evil beasts he was going to replace ... you know .. Bush and Cheney .. Well now that his loyal supporters are finding out they were tricked into voting for him 2x's, and that he lied to them about being "different" from than those "others" (which included Hillarious BTW), rather than "man up" and admit they were duped ...

they now proclaim that ... errrr ... "the others did it" so "it's ok"!!!!!!!!!!

They think everyone is as gullible as they are, and will believe anything. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I think the telegraph did that once electricity was in place.

Remember the one to Pearl Harbor just before the attack. Oh, wait ... I forgot.

You are one of those Marginaliminus children, who won't ever reach maturity. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Another time you ignore the OP to bring up Obie, you really are "trending" desperate. You must have been Grubered.