Music Matters. Or does it?

I've been off on this before, and I like music. A lot. Without being too revealing, that was my gig. I can listen to just about anything except whiny Americana. "New Girl" fans, sorry. The problem I have with music as it relates to providers? It sounds like shit most of time. I don't care how cool your mix is or what kind of phone or alarm clock you have, it sounds like shit. High hats and vocals surrounded by scratchy shit. Music needs depth of field and warmth, even if it's quiet. Fix that and you can play anything you want, including whiny Americana.

This entire conversation makes me long for mix CDs and boom boxes, ghetto blasters, jam boxes whatever because at least they didn't sound like music disguised as a dog sneeze brought to you by cell phones. Eighty bucks for a decent Bluetooth box. Half that if you can live with a wired 2.1, hide it under the bed, music comes out the air. But trust me, Beethoven or Kanye or Snoop, Daft, Skrill or Gaga, your cell phone sounds like shit. Address that first.
Kenny G, baby!
Kenny G, baby! Originally Posted by elcalifa

https://youtu.be/u88brVVKrWw
Bolero? Anyone recall why? Originally Posted by billw1032
From Blake Edwards' film 10. Bo Derek's character liked to fuck to it.
From Blake Edwards' film 10. Bo Derek's character liked to fuck to it. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Yeah...anyone who had hit puberty by the time that movie came out would know EXACTLY why that piece is on the list. A huge pop culture moment.