In the Dark Recesses of the Human Mind

I would apply the same reasoning to Israel. We need to find a way to not be hated by the Muslims, if that is possible... Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Key phrase - if that is possible.

Perhaps if the US would pay the Palestinians 100 billion to all move to Egypt, we could get peace. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I'm hoping you are joking. Why would the US pay them a dime?

Shouldn't Israel do that, if anyone?

Not that I think it would help. They would take the money and buy weapons to retake Israel.
  • WTF
  • 04-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I would apply the same reasoning to Israel. We need to find a way to not be hated by the Muslims, if that is possible. It is very poor logistics, when there are only 15 million of us, to take on 1.2 billion people. We need to make friends with everyone. Perhaps if the US would pay the Palestinians 100 billion to all move to Egypt, we could get peace. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
They will retake Israel for that very fact...not in our lifetime but you can bet at some point just because of the population difference. Probably right after the oil is gone along with our need for bases in the region.
Key phrase - if that is possible.
I'm hoping you are joking. Why would the US pay them a dime?
Shouldn't Israel do that, if anyone?
Not that I think it would help. They would take the money and buy weapons to retake Israel. Originally Posted by ExNYer
In essence, it would be buying the land they now occupy, and paying their moving expenses. We could stipulate they couldn't use the money for weapons. We need to reduce the conflict via removing the troublemakers.
The US should pay for it so it could create lasting peace in the region. How many billions have been spent (wasted) on wars over there?
The US may be moving towards energy independence based upon on the oil being discovered out in West Texas. Billions of barrels. So peace needs to be made before the US abandons its dearest friend.
In essence, it would be buying the land they now occupy, and paying their moving expenses. We could stipulate they couldn't use the money for weapons. We need to reduce the conflict via removing the troublemakers. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Stipulate that they can't buy weapons? These people launch rockets at schools in Israel and you think they will honor a contract stipulation?

The Palestinian madrassas in Egypt and Jordan and Syria will still inculcate hatred of Jews and a sense of grievance over lost land in the next generation of Palestinian kids. And in 2025 or 2030, they will be claiming that any deal for money that was made in 2013 was fraudulent, was made by "traitors" no real Palestinians, and is not binding on them. And you will be right back in the same boat. Only now that have $100B with which to launch the next intifadeh.

The US should pay for it so it could create lasting peace in the region. How many billions have been spent (wasted) on wars over there? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Whether or not it creates lasting peace is beside the point. The fundamental question is why WE - the USA - should pay for it? We did not take the land the Palestinians want. Israel did. If anyone, Israel should pay for the land. They can afford it.

And if money has been wasted in the past, that is a damn good reason NOT to spend ANY more.

Also, there are only 6 million Jews in Israel. Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper for them to move out than to pay all the Palestinians to move out? Moving the Jews out will definitely end the conflict. There will be no one left for the Palestinians to blame their problems on.

The US may be moving towards energy independence based upon on the oil being discovered out in West Texas. Billions of barrels. So peace needs to be made before the US abandons its dearest friend. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Energy independence won't cause us to abandon Israel. We long ago moved most of our sources of oil to non-Arab countries - Mexico, Canada, Venezuela, Africa.

Another Arab oil embargo might raise prices dramatically, but it won't cut off our supplies.

If anything, a world wide energy boom will vastly increase non-Arab supplies so that Saudi oil revenues will drop drastically and the ragheads won't have enough money to fund Wahabbist schools and terrorist movements around the world anymore.
I factually state that the older generation has set up a Medicare system in which they have not paid enough into for wtf they want out of it. Originally Posted by WTF
Are you talking about the "facts" in the "dark recesses of your "mind""?

All-knowing and all-wise one..... right out of a cracker jack's box!
I would apply the same reasoning to Israel. We need to find a way to not be hated by the Muslims, if that is possible. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Simple: Convert, strictly follow their tenents, and convince them you mean it.

Old Dingus
  • WTF
  • 04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Are you talking about the "facts" in the "dark recesses of your "mind""?

All-knowing and all-wise one..... right out of a cracker jack's box! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'm talking about simple math. Maybe those facts escape you. Next you will say math isn't a science....

$114,000 that 2011 retirees paid into Medicare won't cover $355,000 lifetime costs

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2010/12/114000_that_2011_retirees_paid .html

But a newly updated financial analysis shows that what people paid into the system doesn't come close to covering the full value of the medical care they can expect to receive as retirees.
Consider an average-wage, two-earner couple together earning $89,000 a year. Upon retiring in 2011, they would have paid $114,000 in Medicare payroll taxes during their careers.
But they can expect to receive medical services -- from prescriptions to hospital care -- worth $355,000, or about three times what they put in.

The estimates by economists Eugene Steuerle and Stephanie Rennane of the Urban Institute think tank illustrate the huge disconnect between widely-held perceptions and the numbers behind Medicare's shaky financing. Although Americans are worried about Medicare's long-term solvency, few realize the size of the gap.

The system has worked for 45 years, with occasional fine tuning. But the retirement of the baby boomers, the first of whom become eligible for Medicare in 2011, threatens to push it over the edge.

Stipulate that they can't buy weapons? These people launch rockets at schools in Israel and you think they will honor a contract stipulation?

The Palestinian madrassas in Egypt and Jordan and Syria will still inculcate hatred of Jews and a sense of grievance over lost land in the next generation of Palestinian kids. And in 2025 or 2030, they will be claiming that any deal for money that was made in 2013 was fraudulent, was made by "traitors" no real Palestinians, and is not binding on them. And you will be right back in the same boat. Only now that have $100B with which to launch the next intifadeh.

Whether or not it creates lasting peace is beside the point. The fundamental question is why WE - the USA - should pay for it? We did not take the land the Palestinians want. Israel did. If anyone, Israel should pay for the land. They can afford it.

And if money has been wasted in the past, that is a damn good reason NOT to spend ANY more.

Also, there are only 6 million Jews in Israel. Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper for them to move out than to pay all the Palestinians to move out? Moving the Jews out will definitely end the conflict. There will be no one left for the Palestinians to blame their problems on.

Originally Posted by ExNYer
Yes, OK - where should we move them all - Florida?
I've tried to get through this but I keep getting stopped by the word ACCIDENT. Are you kidding? You have to be kidding. Haha good joke. In fact.... no I can't do it. I'm biting my tongue on this one... You all have fun with this poster. She is a fruit cake.

PS I usually like you ExNYer, but I'm wondering if your account wasn't hijacked by an idiot. No offense. The Jews have given 90% of their original land "to keep the peace" INCLUDING Gaza. Why is it that that little tiny strip of land they still have is such a big deal to everyone in the world. (yes I do know the answer) I'd fight for Israel to the death. They will never give up that last patch of land. Not ever. There's more involved than petty cash. Palestine isn't even a real country. It's a bunch of people that moved out of their countries into Israel and now their original countries won't have them back. I thought you big talkers actually went to college.
Yes, OK - where should we move them all - Florida? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
That would be the stereotype, wouldn't it?

If they give up on Israel, I think they should spread out to several countries, not just the US. Go to England, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Switzerland.

Although I would like to see a BIG chunk of the secular Jews come to the US and bring their skill sets with them.

The Haredim can go settle in Papua, New Guinea. We have enough fundamentalists in this country already.
I've tried to get through this but I keep getting stopped by the word ACCIDENT. Are you kidding? You have to be kidding. Haha good joke. In fact.... no I can't do it. I'm biting my tongue on this one... You all have fun with this poster. She is a fruit cake. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
Like I asked above - is English her first or second language?

Perhaps she meant "incidents" not "accidents"?
That would be the stereotype, wouldn't it?

If they give up on Israel, I think they should spread out to several countries, not just the US. Go to England, Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Switzerland.

Although I would like to see a BIG chunk of the secular Jews come to the US and bring their skill sets with them.

The Haredim can go settle in Papua, New Guinea. We have enough fundamentalists in this country already. Originally Posted by ExNYer
True - the Haredim are a bit of a problem.
However, we already have a diaspora - I meant where would the whole country be set up?
You all have fun with this poster. She is a fruit cake. Originally Posted by LovingKayla
TRUE, but if you talk about wtf like that you will never hear the end of it.

Old Dingus
True - the Haredim are a bit of a problem.
However, we already have a diaspora - I meant where would the whole country be set up? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Nowhere. If you decide to give up on Israel, why would you repeat the same mistake in another region? Wouldn't you just start another half-century of war in the new place?

Where you really implying that part of the US (i.e., Florida) would be cut out of the US and used to start another Jewish state? Again, why would the US be on the hook for either $100B or given Israel new land? We already had our civil war. We don't need another one.

The only reason for starting Israel in the Palestinian Mandate was because that is where the ancient Israel was. There is no basis for creating a new one elsewhere, like Florida or somewhere in Europe or South America.

If Israel fails in Palestine and the Jews move out, then they integrate into other nations. They don't start another new nation in somebody else's country.

There are LOTS of ethnic groups in this world that don't have their own country. Just ask a Kurd.
Come now Sins, the "most" ignorant post? Think of all the things that FuckZup has posted. That is a pretty big thing to accept. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Another example of hijacking a thread to turn it into a shitfight. Worthless piece of shit.

I guess you didn't blame Obama, so there's that.