For the black posters on this site - an education!

All I will say is that I do not try to tell my black friends what to do. That is their call and I would never disrespect them by throwing propaganda like that from one person in a completely different era decades ago. This is not the early 60's and times have changed over the many decades since then. Black people have rights now that they did not have back then.

If you want to make a point, that's cool. Just don't try to make one with a man who has been dead for 55 years because that's foolish as far as politics now. That was a completely different time. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
The majority of Blacks hated the Police then and they hate them now. Black on Black Crime existed then and it exists now. Blacks rioted and protested in the streets in response to racial and Social issues then and they are doing it now. Militant Black Organizations existed then and they exist now. Black unemployment was high then and it's high now. Most single mothers raising children were Black Women then and mostly Black now. The Democratic Party duped the Black man then and they are still doing it now. So what would you say has really changed sinced the 60's?
  • oeb11
  • 08-30-2020, 05:27 PM
L-17 - you have a point - but I am very unsure the 'majority' of blacks hate the police today. I lived through integration in the 60's - in my community it went well. In the South ( and other areas of America) - sure there were corrupt and racist police forces who oppressed black people unlawfully. Much less of that today ( i am not saying some cops are not racist and corrupt - I think they are a very small % of the forces) .

Many 'people' of all colors have called for more police - not disbanding the police forces as the DPST' terrorists demand - to keep their communities safe from the plague of Racist, marxist DPST fomented and enabled violence , riots., looting, arson,rape, and murder.

I am not sure any of us can speak for 'most' of any people.

all folks want a safe place to live and raise their kids - free from the politically enabled violence the racist , marxist DPST's are inflicting on America.
L-17 - you have a point - but I am very unsure the 'majority' of blacks hate the police today. I lived through integration in the 60's - in my community it went well. In the South ( and other areas of America) - sure there were corrupt and racist police forces who oppressed black people unlawfully. Much less of that today ( i am not saying some cops are not racist and corrupt - I think they are a very small % of the forces) .

Many 'people' of all colors have called for more police - not disbanding the police forces as the DPST' terrorists demand - to keep their communities safe from the plague of Racist, marxist DPST fomented and enabled violence , riots., looting, arson,rape, and murder.

I am not sure any of us can speak for 'most' of any people.

all folks want a safe place to live and raise their kids - free from the politically enabled violence the racist , marxist DPST's are inflicting on America. Originally Posted by oeb11
Blacks instinctively don't trust the Police. That feeling of disdain and mistrust is enforced every time a Cop and a Black man are in a deadly encounter. The Media has instilled this notion more than anything.
You don't know if that's racist or not?

You just attributed lying, and retardation, to an entire race.

Are you really that stupid?

Never mind, I know you are. Originally Posted by pfunkdenver
Whoever identifies with the "black" community, no matter if their ethnicity is from Africa or not, have shown to be liars and aggressors. I don't think that is racist to say, because it's true.
All I will say is that I do not try to tell my black friends what to do. That is their call and I would never disrespect them by throwing propaganda like that from one person in a completely different era decades ago. This is not the early 60's and times have changed over the many decades since then. Black people have rights now that they did not have back then.

If you want to make a point, that's cool. Just don't try to make one with a man who has been dead for 55 years because that's foolish as far as politics now. That was a completely different time. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Exactly. LBJ got the Cival rights act passed after Malcom X wrote the piece quoted by the OP. LBJ had to cut deals with the republicans to get the the deal passed. LBJ was right about what he predicted about the voting pattern in presidental elections of southern states. He was right when he said "we have lost the south forever" . Bill Clinton is the only democrat to have won a southern state in the south, before Obama won Virginia and Florida twice and North Carolina once.