Why isn’t anybody talking about the fiasco in Vietnam?

Mystic, North Korea has ceased, at least temporarily, testing missiles and nuclear weapons. And the U.S. and North Korea are talking at a very high level. This is progress. If momentum continues, maybe we can negotiate something like what we did with Iran. Originally Posted by Tiny
I hope we dont negotiate what happen in Iran. See IBs thread about 500 posts worth of how fucked up Obama's Iran deal was. Why would Trump want to do the same thing in NK? I think we both know the answer to that
FIFY

and how did that work out Originally Posted by Hotrod511
no you didn't fix anything. you changed what someone else posted. you are very insecure with your own beliefs or lack of confidence
  • grean
  • 03-01-2019, 02:29 PM
As for not talking about it ... his haters aren't talking about it and that's because they were afraid he'd cut a deal ....

and still are afraid he will. And he may just do that.

Secondly on the other point ... the only "fool" is Rocket Boy!

He, like you, "assumed" Trump is like the others. It's a long train ride back to darkness empty handed. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I've said I applauded Trump's effort. It was still going to turn out this way because it is Rocket Boy, like you said.

It really wasn't worth the time because everyonenew this would happen. It's NK, after all. This is what always happens. They got a seat at the table this time and fucked it up.
I hope we dont negotiate what happen in Iran. See IBs thread about 500 posts worth of how fucked up Obama's Iran deal was. Why would Trump want to do the same thing in NK? I think we both know the answer to that Originally Posted by themystic
Slick Willie done fucked up with his own POS nuclear treaty with NK: typical of dim-retards of Slick Willie and Odumbo's ilk. There's no way Trump can fuck it up: Slick Willie done did that.

Slick Willie done fucked up with his own POS nuclear treaty with NK: typical of dim-retards of Slick Willie and Odumbo's ilk. There's no way Trump can fuck it up: Slick Willie done did that.

Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Off topic OP is about Trump.
Off topic OP is about Trump. Originally Posted by bamscram
The post clearly indicates that Trump cannot possibly fuck things up with North Korea worse than Slick Willie and Jimmy the Peanut already have. Hence: not fucking off-topic.
Clinton What Aboutism has nothing to do with this topic, IBH.

You’re trying to divert the conversation away from DOTUS.
  • Tiny
  • 03-01-2019, 04:43 PM
Gentlemen, do I understand this correctly? Hot Rod wants Trump to negotiate a treaty with North Korea like what Obama did with Iran. And Mystic believes I B Hankering and President Trump are spot on about the Iranian nuclear treaty.

Well, Mystic, you're sincerely one of my favorite Democrats, and it's good to see you coming around to the Republican Side on at least one issue, even though it's one we disagree about. And Hot Rod, it's likewise good you see the shared wisdom of Presidents Obama and Trump in dealing with up and coming nuclear powers. We stand shoulder to shoulder on this one.
Clinton What Aboutism has nothing to do with this topic, IBH.

You’re trying to divert the conversation away from DOTUS.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
The post clearly indicates that Trump cannot possibly fuck things up with North Korea worse than Slick Willie and Jimmy the Peanut already have. Hence: not fucking off-topic.
The post clearly indicates that Trump cannot possibly fuck things up with North Korea worse than Slick Willie and Jimmy the Peanut already have. Hence: not fucking off-topic. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
But that is not the topic of this thread, IBH.

Quit trying to hikack to discussion again.
Dun, dun, dun

The threads on Topic.

I will SAY if there is an issue..

Do you dare say I am off topic bc I referenced NIXON

Continue on Political Debators
Why aren't people talking about the fiasco in Vietnam, you ask? Well, maybe that's because most of us thought it was over around 45 years ago.

It's now almost ancient history; we've moved on!
  • Tiny
  • 03-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Do you dare say I am off topic bc I referenced NIXON

Continue on Political Debators Originally Posted by Danielle Silver
I liked Nixon. My hero Roger Stone has a tattoo of Nixon's face on his back.

Seriously, Trump has a chance of doing with North Korea what Nixon did with China, that is, persuade the public that America and a Communist totalitarian regime can get along and do business without being at each others throats. Trump would like to do something similar with Russia but can't because of political considerations.

As much as I disagree with Trump, I have to give him credit for this. I still don't like his method, going to the brink before he started talking with Kim.

Danielle's right, Nixon is seriously on topic.
Sorry, just couldn't resist a little facetiousness with my last post!

But, in fact, I don't think the Trump-Kim "summit" was anything like the fiasco some in the media would have the readers believe. Although the ball wasn't moved in a direction I would have liked, it seems to me that little harm was done, and at least all the international attention might serve to reduce the fat kid's likelihood of pursuing more nuclear tests and missile launches within the next year or so.

I mean, it's not exactly as though what we've been doing for the last 20 years or so vis-a-vis N. Korea has worked very well.