Fort Worth vs Dallas

The arguments, "This is hilarious!" and "Stupid post/idea" are evidence of such genius that I'm tempted to bow in awe. But I won't. I will acknowledge, however, that further discussion with such an intellectual force is likely pointless. Nonetheless ...

The Fort Worth guys are the ones bringing this up because they're the ones being adversely affected by the status quo. The Dallas guys aren't bringing it up because, under the status quo, their clicks that result in useless information are a slight inconvenience, not a major impediment.

Yes, this is one major metropolitan area. But it consists of many markets, and geography places a big part in determining those markets. "Stupid" and "hilarious" provide little to go on when the question is what drawbacks there are to making reviews more useful to those who read them.
The arguments, "This is hilarious!" and "Stupid post/idea" are evidence of such genius that I'm tempted to bow in awe. But I won't. I will acknowledge, however, that further discussion with such an intellectual force is likely pointless. Nonetheless ...

The Fort Worth guys are the ones bringing this up because they're the ones being adversely affected by the status quo. The Dallas guys aren't bringing it up because, under the status quo, their clicks that result in useless information are a slight inconvenience, not a major impediment.

Yes, this is one major metropolitan area. But it consists of many markets, and geography places a big part in determining those markets. "Stupid" and "hilarious" provide little to go on when the question is what drawbacks there are to making reviews more useful to those who read them. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot

Hey Lance... EVERY review posted tells where it took place. Seems to me that there are tons of reviews and posts from Ft Worth that Dallas guys have to wade through and "disregard" and this is NOT many markets. We all have cars and many like to travel 30-60 minutes if the reward is great enough. Most of the providers move around anyway. I still say this is a SILLY argument when there should be no argument at all. If you have time to do all this posting, you have more than enough time to do proper research, IMO
It's not the reviews section that needs to be split, it's the provider ad sections that need to be used correctly. Tarrant county based providers post ads in Tarrant county ad section, Dallas county based providers post ads in Dallas county ad section. If a provider does outcall to the other county, have an outcall ad forum for them to post ads in.
The question is what drawbacks there would be to making reviews more useful to those who read them.

The only on-point comment in that stream-of-consciousness response, "Seems to me that there are tons of reviews and posts from Ft Worth that Dallas guys have to wade through and 'disregard'," would seem to support a separation, even if it were true.

Look, I acknowledged early on that it wasn't going to happen. There are plenty of arguments that can be made to support such a separation, and only two basic ones against it: Either it can't be done programmatically, or TPTB have no interest in making the board more valuable to some of its members.

I've never heard anyone say it can't be done. The only valid reason for a lack of interest would be an extension of the can't-be-done reason, that the results would not be worth the effort required to make it happen. That's not something I'm qualified to appraise.

One thing that has come up before has been the "Where does it stop?" argument, that if we set something up for Fort Worth, we have to do so for Denton, Burleson, Plano, Coppell, etc. Again, that's letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. I'd suggest that when, for example, the Denton market is sufficiently developed that a separate forum is required, we'll start hearing about it from the Denton folks. (And they'll be ignored, too, but we can discuss that at the appropriate time.)

Barring the legitimate reasons in the two paragraphs above, or some others that I can't think of, the only reason not to accede to the requests to make the board more user friendly to members in Fort Worth is all a variation of, "Because we don't want to." The words used may be "stupid," "silly," or "hilarious," or even my by-now-repeated-so-much-it-might-be-a-catchphrase , "Hey, Fort Worth! Fuck you!" But in the end it boils down to the fact that the power in the Dallas board resides east of 360, and there's neither interest in nor desire to accommodate the OP's request.
If it doesn't matter then change the name of the Dallas forum to Ft. Worth.
If it doesn't matter then change the name of the Dallas forum to Ft. Worth. Originally Posted by Halfbad
LOL Spoken like a true Ft Wothian LOL The whole world views the DFW metroplex (including Ft Worth) as "DALLAS" It's the same way in Minneapolis / St Paul... The world views the twin city metro area as Minneapolis. Same again with San Francisco and Oakland, nobody referees to the area as "Oakland" nobody that doesn't live in Oakland proper referees to the area as anything but San Francisco or the "Bay Area"
Sir Lancehernot, I understand your frustration. But the same problems exist regardless of where one lives. In a metropolitan area like DFW, it is hard to tell where one starts and the other ends.

Many of the reviews cover ladies we crossover to see. To split them, would mean we would have to view two forums instead of one. That can be equally irritating.

If a review is written properly, the location is right at the top. Yeah, you have to open the review to see that, but there might be something interesting inside.

Another thing, SirL, I like reading your posts but I live in and frequent Dallas more than Ft. Worth. I might miss one of your better opinions if we were separated.

I never thought of you as a red headed step child. In fact I didn't know you lived in Fort Worth (I spelled it out because my GPS told me to stay on 121 towards "Ef T Worth" today) until I read some of your reviews. I was disappointed to find some of your recommendations lived to far for me but I did rethink the obstacles of distance.

From a Dallas guy's viewpoint, I often envy the provider selection in your fine city. Some of my bucket list ladies are there and I prefer driving your roads than the ones here. Besides, you have Pendery's. I have to mail order from them without smelling the wonderful aroma of spices when you approach the front door.
Sir Lancehernot, I understand your frustration. But the same problems exist regardless of where one lives. In a metropolitan area like DFW, it is hard to tell where one starts and the other ends. Originally Posted by OldGrump
Which is why I've suggested, a couple of times now, either 1) setting 360 as the dividing line, with the review being posted in the section where the encounter took place, or 2) setting up a Fort Worth review forum and letting those of us who wish to post there do so.

Or both. If the Dallas guys want to post a review of a Fort Worth lady in the Dallas section, that would be a small price to pay.

Many of the reviews cover ladies we crossover to see. To split them, would mean we would have to view two forums instead of one. That can be equally irritating.
If you're in Dallas and crossing over to Fort Worth, you'd look in Fort Worth Reviews. If you're in Fort Worth crossing over to Dallas, you'd look in Dallas reviews.

If a review is written properly, the location is right at the top. Yeah, you have to open the review to see that, but there might be something interesting inside.
And there might not. While reviews can be like a box of chocolates, the fact is that there are plenty of us for whom Dallas might as well be Bangkok. No matter how hot she is, or how interesting the review, simple time and geography means it's not gonna happen, and the clicker has wasted time making that determination. It's not the single click that's the problem, it's doing it over and over again, hoping that THIS swing will be the one that cracks open the piņata.

Another thing, SirL, I like reading your posts but I live in and frequent Dallas more than Ft. Worth. I might miss one of your better opinions if we were separated.
Oh, I'm not talking about putting Fort Worth in the same category as, say Austin. All I'm advocating is that we have a Fort Worth Reviews section in the Dallas forum. (As I mentioned in another post, I think studio and independent, and maybe agency, are distinctions that are less important than geography, and I'd be happy with a single Fort Worth Reviews section that combined all three, heck, even AMPs.) I'll admit to and apologize for my bad form in using the word "forum" loosely. I don't mind hanging out in Coed and ML with the Dallas crowd; I just mind having to wade through lots of useless information in the Reviews sections to get to the stuff that's useful to me, when I shouldn't have to.

... I did rethink the obstacles of distance.
The option to obtain information that would prompt you to do so would still be present. All you'd have to do is click in the link or bookmark that said "Fort Worth Reviews."

From a Dallas guy's viewpoint, I often envy the provider selection in your fine city. Some of my bucket list ladies are there and I prefer driving your roads than the ones here. Besides, you have Pendery's. I have to mail order from them without smelling the wonderful aroma of spices when you approach the front door.
Well, at least you didn't say I was stupid. And I'll mention this again, though it's admittedly a gut feeling: I think the severely Dallas-centric structure and nature of this board discourages more participation by Fort Worth men. Or, put another way, if you build it, they will come.
Lance, in no way are you "stupid" I thoroughly enjoy your posts.
This seems to me like a HTML/programming issue.
A seemingly simple fix would satisfy many of us who don't generally have time to drive 1-3 hours (round trip) to see a provider on the other end of the metroplex. The fix would be to add a scroll wheel to every review (maybe every ad too) requiring you to select which area(s) of DFW are active.

So like the credit card scroll wheel (select visa, Amex...) you have a select region scroll wheel:
Dallas
Fort Worth
Arlington
HEB
Plano
Etc...

Another thing I'd love to see is deleting certain ads from Fort Worth ads section. There are several Dallas providers posting there who have no active FW incall.
LOL Spoken like a true Ft Wothian LOL The whole world views the DFW metroplex (including Ft Worth) as "DALLAS" It's the same way in Minneapolis / St Paul... The world views the twin city metro area as Minneapolis. Same again with San Francisco and Oakland, nobody referees to the area as "Oakland" nobody that doesn't live in Oakland proper referees to the area as anything but San Francisco or the "Bay Area" Originally Posted by LickHer
Your point seems to support the proposed split. If someone from out of town doesn't realize that there is a not an insignificant distance between Ft Worth and Dallas he could spend a lot of time looking in "all the wrong places".

OBTW, lived in Dallas over 30 years, Ft. Worth for 3 . . . Ft. Worth is better
Your point seems to support the proposed split. If someone from out of town doesn't realize that there is a not an insignificant distance between Ft Worth and Dallas he could spend a lot of time looking in "all the wrong places".

OBTW, lived in Dallas over 30 years, Ft. Worth for 3 . . . Ft. Worth is better Originally Posted by Halfbad

Nope, you actually missed the point completely. I don't actually live in the city of "Dallas" but I consider myself living in "Dallas" as I'm in the DFW metroplex. I like most parts of DFW and find Ft Worth quite charming.

The point is; "Dallas" is one very large "marketplace" and unfortunately for all the people whining on here, MANY people, including myself "shop" the entire metroplex and MOST all "vendors" LIKE that. I have gone to see providers from Rockwall to Hullen Mall and from Burleson to McKinney. I'm sure all the ladies I've seen that don't live within 10 minutes from me APPRECIATE that I was easilly able to find them in the ECCIE setup the way it now exists. What all you Ft Worth "egotists" suggest will actually hurt the ladies commerce... Time to grow up boys
Maybe, in the true spirit of not separating our Fort Worth brethren, we could have two forums as SirL suggests. One DFW east of 360 and the other DFW west of 360? That way the mid-cities are defined without specific definition. As far as the logistics on the board, it is simple to add a forum and let the posters choose where to post.

Now if we can educate everyone on where 360 is. So many newcomers still think Walnut Hill Lane is in Garland (Walnut).