Advertising: do or do not?

poor Sixx, stop self alerting yourself. cya tomorrow for lunch Originally Posted by budman33
budman33, I have always said this..... "If I am going to be on your DNS list, give me the proper respect that I deserve by putting me at the top of it!"......

sixx
FWIW I look at adds by providers to get a idea of their available days and hours that week. Seems this helps me plan as well as them. I don't like to plan too far ahead, more than a couple of days, because then, it seems, a schedule conflict often comes up. I don't want to complicate my schedule or the Lady's with the need to change any more than necessary.
Sixx, you are a peach

One concern I have is the following: if an ad is placed during any given week with available dating times and the like, what about the following week? At that point does it become necessary to post every single week? If there isn't an advertisement up, how would the gentleman know if the girl in question was available or not? And if an ad is posted every week, does it saturate the market? Ladies I would love to hear your thoughts! Originally Posted by klovve
I have already said I personally like the adds that post the avaiable days and hours for that week. But, if a Provider does not post that week I may assume she is booked, or taking a break. So there is a legitimate question of whether, once you start, do you have to continue. You may then place a add saying you aren't available for a desinated time period. I know of at least one very popular provider that does this. And I am not sure what you meant by "saturate the market"? Do you mean your name is in front of people too much? Or, that some people only want to see people they believe provide for only a small number of people, like, supposedly, strippers.
Angelina: you are a rockstar and a great friend with great advice.

MM: you make a really great point, it was exactly what I had originally suspected in regards to weekly posting.

It is interesting to see a variety of responses from, what I have always perceived to be, highly successful women. I suppose each lady has a niche that works for them. Now, if I could figure out kellilovve.com and end my war with WordPress and GoDaddy I would be a happy little camper. Before registering my domain, I perused the sites of nearly every lady in Austin; again, every single showcase and site is different - I think your web space is often synonymous with your personality.

I do see the subject of availability trending through this thread; personally, I am prone to taking cover under rocks and leading many of my friends and lovers to believe I have fallen off the face of the earth. Most of the time I haven't, but being clear about one's time frame to hobby is probably the most important piece of the puzzle.

Someone should really teach a class on this, any volunteers?
AA & KL on doubles campaign? I think I just peed a little.

Notoriety is kind of cool. But you miss out on lots of opportunities to meet new people (& occassional looney).
Test it an ad next week or in August.

I'd love to teach ya, but we'd be too busy doing other things... like sushi & shots.

I'd love to teach ya, but we'd be too busy doing other things... like sushi & shots. Originally Posted by motorboating
.....a date that is long overdue.
Hi there fellow redhead...

I'm watching this thread now to see if others are seeing similar results as me during the past three years of expirementation. My official provider status was awarded in July 2006 and my newbie rush seemed neverending for the first 18 mos in the hobby. I posted ads weekly on aspd & had presence on several boards. My request volume was still steady for the following 18-24 months and although I placed ads regularly, it was usually 2-3 wks between. During these years, my average schedule went from 16-19 appts per week in the first 1.5 yrs to 9-12 appts then down to 6-9 approximately. In the past year & a half, I posted sporadically - usually 4-6 wks between ads although at times I would have a period of regular weekly postings.

I think some feedback on touring may be helpful for some. My niche has always been one of a "local favorite" as it's rare that I am contacted by out of towners. Having always maintained a private incall facilitated that line of business. When touring, I found that posting a notify a week or two in advance of my actual visit was helpful. Prebookings may not be as prevalent, but I've had good luck holding those appts personally. It's definitely frustrating to have people calling you on check-out day when you are trying to get packed and out to be on your way to the next venue. Communicating your intent to visit a city is the best way to insure you receive some requests.

As for being UTR w/ no advertising, reviews, etc... Well...
My libido is OUTRAGEOUS! Lower call volume is difficult to endure at times when all I can think about is how friggin' horny I am & who can I call to help. lol Despite having a large repeat clientele, fellas cycle around based on their hobby needs. Short-notice appts are easily available to those who've seen me before and I will see future clients based on referrals w/ vouches/refs. Regulars don't rely on advertising for their decision in my experience. My clients have had my phone number for years & most aren't even registered members. Other than my "notify ad" in Dec 2010, I haven't placed an ad on this site since Sept 2010. Sadly, because I don't have ads, many appts are missed due to guys being uncertain of my availability. However, anything you do to increase visibility will increase business as long as you back it up by giving genuine & quality service, not offering anything you won't deliver, and making sure you protect your reputation.

Thanks for the beneficial topic, Kelli-Girl.
Technically your advertising as we speak.. Every guy whos read this thread has most likely checked out your sexy showcase.. I think you will do well either way.. too beautiful to fail
Some negatives? Higher chances of meeting an unstable newbie or stalker, but that never happens on eccie.
What else... what you write will be archived forever. In case your name here is linked to your real life or the grammar police decides to provide feedback.

Gotta give good & bad points, like a sweet sour soup.
I really think you're overthinking this Kelli. IMO just because you post an ad, it doesn't mean that you're expected to post every week. Not everybody is active on the board so they won't get the word of mouth. You're letting those folks know that you're out there. Don't post any hours. Just say that you prefer morning appointments, etc... You don't have to be too specific. I really don't see any negatives to you posting an ad, even if it's once every blue moon.

I'll use Adrianna as an example. She rarely posts an ad but when she does, it piques my interest and makes me want to schedule. If she never posted an ad, I wouldn't even know that she's out there since she's not active on the boards.
  • Carl
  • 07-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Technically your advertising as we speak.. Every guy whos read this thread has most likely checked out your sexy showcase.. I think you will do well either way.. too beautiful to fail Originally Posted by AustinsGurlz
Are you saying the original post was essentially a threAD?

I'm not sure how you justify that conclusion since none of the well respected and frequently posting hobbyists that usually decry provider threADs have ventured to post anything that would amount to calling klovve out on producing such a threAD.

Surely one of them would have stepped up and tried to "keep it real" for the benefit of the bros.

Perhaps they're hesitant about confronting any possible WKs.

It would be a pity if the bold and the brave defenders of the purity and sanctity of the informational value of this warm, close-knit and mutually supportive nurturing community have been intimidated by the possibility of open internet conflict.
I don't think that's what she's saying. Every time a provider responds to a thread, it's a form of advertising. It's kind of like networking in the real world.

Are you saying the original post was essentially a threAD?

I'm not sure how you justify that conclusion since none of the well respected and frequently posting hobbyists that usually decry provider threADs have ventured to post anything that would amount to calling klovve out on producing such a threAD.

Surely one of them would have stepped up and tried to "keep it real" for the benefit of the bros.

Perhaps they're hesitant about confronting any possible WKs.

It would be a pity if the bold and the brave defenders of the purity and sanctity of the informational value of this warm, close-knit and mutually supportive nurturing community have been intimidated by the possibility of open internet conflict. Originally Posted by Carl
I recommend getting a website. Is there any reason why you don't? On it you can have pages for a calendar, links to your reviews and a link to your P411. If you have a website with an active calendar, and gents can see the last time you've logged onto P411 (through the link on your site), there is no need to ever post an ad on ECCIE.

I think getting an Eros ad is a good way to go as well. Eros, combined with P411 will generate more business than an Eccie ad. And since both of these sites allow links to provider's personal pages, gents can see your calendar and know when you are available. Try to get a website with CMS so you can update your content as often as you see fit.

I'm not saying not to advertise on ECCIE, I'm just saying there are many more options (that allow you to have total control) if you're truly ready to shed your UTR status. Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll do fine! You're gorgeous and your glowing reputation precedes you.
Wow. I can't believe this but I actually agree with you Sixx. Having read some of AA's recent posts, I had come to the same conclusion. Big ego. 1/2 of response is answering the thread. The other half is tooting own horn. The response in this thread is a perfect example. Half of it was unnecessary chest thumping.

I have a life honey. Quit being the ego maniac that everyone knows you are. Many feel the same way including your fellow providers who just won't say

Always negative? Hmmmm you even said yourself Kelli likes me unless you lied about that. I do have providers that like me as a client believe it or not. I guess with your ego though, it's hard to believe since I am not one to kiss your ass.

Heck a provider said I was a sweetheart today in the austin forum because she needed help with a photog and referred her to someone. That's positive

And don't flatter yourself. You know damn well nothing is creeping you out. Oh yea, maybe I should be creeped out with your legions of WK's and their loyalty to you. Don't you have some celery to chew on??

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
  • onei
  • 07-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Mine maybe a different response. As for me, #1—I don't post here. Not because I am afraid or whatever, I just don't. I don't bother people, and don't kiss and tell. I used to post on ASPD, but got tired of the jerks and the "game" that seems to follow. I don't have anything to prove anymore. #2—I don't have a lot to spend on the hobby, so when I do scrap up the $$, I'm very picky about who I see. I've taken one for the team a few times, and been stood up a few time, but usually, I only see one or two ladies that I know are dependable. #3—on the rare occasion that I do venture beyond my ATF, it usually takes me several days to decide (see #2 reicky). So without advertising, guys like me won't know you are there. #4—If I decide to take the plunge, you only get one shot. If for any reason I leave with a less that comfortable or fun time, I will never call again. I know that may seem hardcore, or cold, but hey, like I said, I work way too hard to come by extra cash, and especially in this economy, to be jerked around. #5—I have one ATF that I usually (99% of the time) call first. If she is not available, I have a very short list of back-up numbers. Again, that is where advertising (and especially word of mouth—ECCIE) comes in handy.

For example, I tried to connect with my ATF twice this week and both times it didn't work out for various reasons (BTW-once I find a provider that I am comfortable with, I am much more flexible and willing to call back). One on my short list would not answer after repeated calls over two days, (scratch that name), one was out of town (I'll try again at another time as I have seen her before). Usually, about 7 out of 10 times, when my ATF is not available, I end up doing without, as was the case this weekend. But then, I'd rather do without than get my hopes up and be disappointed or stood up. So I'll try again Monday for my ATF if I have the time. If not, back to the short list, as Monday will probably be the only day I have available this week.

So there is my take, for what it is worth. I'll go back to my cave now. :-)