Vaccine available in Austin!

Thanks for your reply.. I was offered the chance to be in a study but did not because I was concerned that if I were in the placebo group it might put me out of the running for the real thing. The vaccine thing has become a mess, fucked up primarily due to no real supervision or adequate planning. The states should not have been allowed to all go in different directions. Also, why isn't there a national registry? Anyone, and some ( a lot) will lie about having had the vaccine when they didn't and there will be no way to verify it.
Thanks for your reply.. I was offered the chance to be in a study but did not because I was concerned that if I were in the placebo group it might put me out of the running for the real thing. The vaccine thing has become a mess, fucked up primarily due to no real supervision or adequate planning. The states should not have been allowed to all go in different directions. Also, why isn't there a national registry? Anyone, and some ( a lot) will lie about having had the vaccine when they didn't and there will be no way to verify it. Originally Posted by stikiwikit
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ...www.cdc.gov › phlp › publications › topic › hipaa
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.

You.re for a registry? Where does that slippery slope end ?
Micro-chipping?
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ...www.cdc.gov › phlp › publications › topic › hipaa
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.

You.re for a registry? Where does that slippery slope end ?
Micro-chipping? Originally Posted by winn dixie
A "national registry" already exists for many medical purchases and vaccines. I'm fairly certain I can't get 2 flu shots in a given year. There are certain non-prescription drugs that are behind the counter in the drug store and I assume I can't go from drug store to drug store and purchase an unlimited amount.

I really don't care what tracking goes on.
For some reason, some folks are afraid of public health best practices because they've been told it's a violation of their freedom to infect others.
Also, why isn't there a national registry? Anyone, and some ( a lot) will lie about having had the vaccine when they didn't and there will be no way to verify it. Originally Posted by stikiwikit
I really don't care what tracking goes on. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
For some reason, some folks are afraid of public health best practices because they've been told it's a violation of their freedom to infect others. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Y'all just want to hand out some stars of david while you're at it?
And exactly what do "stars of david" mean to you, GG?
ginally Posted by winn dixie Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ...www.cdc.gov › phlp › publications › topic › hipaa

Once again you reveal your ignorance. Having a registry would not necessarily a violation of HIPPA as long as it conformed to HIPPA rules. You may not know that every time you buy a class II drug your name goes on a registry. Also, if a vaccine registry was HIPPA illegal, that folks that made HIPPA could change HIPPA. Simple as that.
And exactly what do "stars of david" mean to you, GG? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Just providing some textbook examples while y'all were scheming to build a list of "undesirables", figured y'all can just follow the example you're so keen to emulate.
ginally Posted by winn dixie Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ...www.cdc.gov › phlp › publications › topic › hipaa

Once again you reveal your ignorance. Having a registry would not necessarily a violation of HIPPA as long as it conformed to HIPPA rules. You may not know that every time you buy a class II drug your name goes on a registry. Also, if a vaccine registry was HIPPA illegal, that folks that made HIPPA could change HIPPA. Simple as that. Originally Posted by stikiwikit
Contradict yourself much? A registry aint gonna happen!
Micro chipping however! Get in line!
Just providing some textbook examples while y'all were scheming to build a list of "undesirables", figured y'all can just follow the example you're so keen to emulate. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
I had relatives who wore that star, bub.

You have no idea of what you speak. But that doesn't stop you, does it.
You have no idea of what you speak. But that doesn't stop you, does it. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Nor you at times sir.
I had relatives who wore that star, bub.

You have no idea of what you speak. But that doesn't stop you, does it. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I did as well, and no, I don't because I didn't live it, and I suspect you didn't either. But if you can't see the parallels I worry that you're locked too tightly in your ivory tower.
Nor you at times sir. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Cuts both ways, sir. At times.
Cuts both ways, sir. At times. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Exactly. That's why these absolute pronouncements that some of our posters make leave me just shaking my head. Lol
At the risk of Debbie-Downering this political thread to revert to its title :-): I just calculated that it will be March at least by the time I'm reasonably immune. For those who have had this shot, is this about right?

Shot 1 (Moderna): Feb. 5 (arbitrarily, probably later)
Shot 2: Mar. 5 (or later)
Immunity starts 10 days after second shot, so I read, so mid-March I could be reasonably confident.

Even if the J&J one-shot vaccine gets accepted, it won't be available locally for about the same time as taking the two-shot deal.