ladies that like their check book balanced

dave, they can do it using the by the books backdoor technique (not that backdoor).

1. contribute to their traditional ira, pre-tax (deductible or non-deductible).
2. then convert it to their roth ira and pay income taxes on the amount converted.

its in all the financial/investment magazines and websites as well as IRS Publication 590 A & B - IRA contributions & distributions. zzzzzzzzzzzzz Originally Posted by pmdelites

The point is it serves you no purpose to tie that money up because you will likely pay the same tax rate on it now or in the future. So use it now (hopefully wisely) and gain the benefit of it instead of tying it up for no benefit.
The point is it serves you no purpose to tie that money up because you will likely pay the same tax rate on it now or in the future. So use it now (hopefully wisely) and gain the benefit of it instead of tying it up for no benefit. Originally Posted by CowboyDave
My investment adviser has turned me on to probably the most ingenious financial strategy I have heard of. It goes like this:

1) Invest traditional IRA money in a new construction deal, say, apartment complex, in year 1. Say it's $50,000.
2) At the end of year 1, your IRA custodian gets a letter from an appraiser who says, "There's nothing here but some pipes sticking oit of the ground. This investment (your proportional share) isn;t worth $50,000; it's only worth $25,000."
3. Your custodian dutifully reports to you on your statements that your investment, with a basis of $50,000, is now worth only $25,000.
4. At that point, you do a Roth conversion, paying taxes on the $25,000.
5. When the investment goes full cycle, all the growth between $25,000 and the disposition amount is tax-free. You've saved taxes on $25,000 of traditional IRA money.
The point is it serves you no purpose to tie that money up because you will likely pay the same tax rate on it now or in the future. So use it now (hopefully wisely) and gain the benefit of it instead of tying it up for no benefit. Originally Posted by CowboyDave
the difference is i have to pay taxes (yes, prolly at same rate unless congress chgs the rates) on EVERYTHING i withdraw from a tradIRA.
if i convert to a rothIRA, i just pay taxes on what i convert - then EVERYTHING i withdraw from a rothIRA is tax-free (unless congress chgs the rules on them).

keeping this hobby-related, my ira funds are not tied up - i’m just waiting for a provider i can tied up & have delites with, then use some ira cash to pay her for her time :^}
No ladies that knows how to rollover?
and rothIRAs dont require mandatory withdrawls.

hmmmm, sounds like an analogy to a great cocksucker :^}
What’s a check book and who is Roth and IRA? Do they write good reviews? You laugh but you know what I am saying is true. I need 401k earrings.
What’s a check book and who is Roth and IRA? Do they write good reviews? You laugh but you know what I am saying is true. I need 401k earrings. Originally Posted by Daddy4Pussy
IRA loves to watch girls' college volleyball, gymnastics and i love lucy reruns on tv after a late 4PM dinner at luby's cafeteria.

ROTH likes to wear long raincoats with nothing else underneath and exposing himself to female joggers at city parks. he is worldly, tolerates the 'coloreds','japs' etc and orders general tso's beef and orange chicken from harry's chinese twice a week.

they're both perfect daddies in their own ways; with inattentive families, erectile dysfunction, delusional/innocent qualities and one foot in the grave...in other words, the perfect trifecta for the enterprising sugar babies.
All of this accounting talk (BS-Acctg & Quantitative Methods, CPA/CMA, MBA-Finance & MIS, PMP, etc (Blockchain, Intelligent Process Automation (aka bots with AI/ML capabilities), etc..... who want to talk digital transformation???? Ooo La La
from software to hardware back to software.
stimulation, drainage, refractory, repeat.