Foodie News

Oh relax already! I live in London, and the English are the first to joke about the food

The point (for me) to post the article, was the fact that goat is now a "high end food", lol. It's been available at some of the local butchers here for years, and it's cheap.

AS for the new owners of Harrods, well I didn't exactly feel the need to point that out. It's just a guess on your part as to why they are selling goat, it's not a fact, is it? Maybe I'll stroll in there tomorrow and ask for myself Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
Nicole. I appreciated you posting that article from the Irish paper. It initially said more to me about the Irish wondering WTF the English are eating these days lol. That said, the Irish are not known for their culinary skills either like most countries. Some times this board can verge on being lightly xenophobic at times and heavily patriotic at others, but hey it's a US board and it predominantly serves the south and I have come to accept that. Just as many southerners are very patriotic of their state and country (and EXTREMELY touchy if it's challenged) the Brits can be patriotic too. I understand you are living in the UK but that's not the same as being British like Cyclops because the obvious patriotism is missing. Can't the Brits be patriotic if they want to be without being told to relax..just like Americans on here ? I actually thought Cyclops was pretty polite as are most of his postings..which is why I commented. Had it been me or cheeky Cole then hey..maybe a different story

C

C xx
Well duh! Airline food is just a distraction so that you don't realize something that heavy can't possibly fly. Kind of like the magician's other hand. Originally Posted by pjorourke
What did they serve you PJ?
Spotted dick ?
That stuff is NASTY. Ugh. I hate raisins, currants and sultanas. They make my skin crawl.

C xxx
Good Afternoon All;

The genuine article, Fish & Chips as served in Yorkshire & nowhere else, as far as I know; in Yorkshire they use 'beef dripping' (rendered beef fat) which has a much higher smoke point than most other fats. This means that the batter on the fish crisps instantly & then the fish cooks by the steam from its own moisture content.

The 'guacamole' at the top is in fact a portion of 'mushy peas' (the pea equivalent of frijoles refritos) the preferred accompaniment to good F&C.

Like almost all foods considered to be a National Dish, it has its origins as poor man's food; so please accept my apologies for including it here.

Good evening
Cyclops
What did they serve you PJ?
Spotted dick ?
That stuff is NASTY. Ugh. I hate raisins, currants and sultanas. They make my skin crawl.

C xxx Originally Posted by Camille
I can't remember what it was called -- but it looked and smelled pretty nasty. I think I ate some crackers.
[quote=Camille;507540]Nicole. I appreciated you posting that article from the Irish paper. It initially said more to me about the Irish wondering WTF the English are eating these days lol. That said, the Irish are not known for their culinary skills either like most countries. Some times this board can verge on being lightly xenophobic at times and heavily patriotic at others, but hey it's a US board and it predominantly serves the south and I have come to accept that. Just as many southerners are very patriotic of their state and country (and EXTREMELY touchy if it's challenged) the Brits can be patriotic too. I understand you are living in the UK but that's not the same as being British like Cyclops because the obvious patriotism is missing. Can't the Brits be patriotic if they want to be without being told to relax..just like Americans on here ? I actually thought Cyclops was pretty polite as are most of his postings..which is why I commented. Had it been me or cheeky Cole then hey..maybe a different story

C

Yes, he was polite, and my "relax already" statement was in reply to his "stepping stone to racism" ( or something like that). I also followed up with a second post which listed all the wonderful things I enjoy about British food, and I again explained why I posted the article in the first place

The article was originally in The Metro which I read on the tube, and then found the Internet version here...didn't realize that one was Irish??? Either way, I think my tone was misunderstood

Why would I openly insult a country I hope to live in for many years to come?? If I truly insulted anyone, then I'm very sorry as that was not my intention. There are far worse comments made about the food...so why pick on my "relax" statement?
Sticky toffee pudding ……mmmmm my mouth is watering.