We need providers that look like her and have her physique!

Chrissie Hynde deserves to be at the top of any list of best female rock vocalists.
Don't forget Deborah Harry (Blondie group, Debbie Harry).

I had a crush on her when I was in middle school when this song came out almost 43 years ago.

I thought she was a goddess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGU_4-5RaxU
Well, she was a model before Blondie, so hotness was pretty much a given.
Ann Wilson of Heart Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
She was such a slut in this music video!

Hooking up with a hitchiker she picked up just so she can get pregnant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAfxs0IDeMs

Singer Ann Wilson sings of a one-night stand with a handsome young male hitchhiker. After an implicit agreement to remain anonymous, they make their way to a hotel room in which to have sex. The lyrics make the suggestion that this may not be the first time the female protagonist has engaged in such behaviors, noting her familiarity with this particular hotel. The song explicitly highlights the sexual prowess of the young man, and his ability to easily and repeatedly bring the female protagonist to orgasm. She leaves a note with instructions for the man to make no attempt to contact her or track her down. It is subsequently revealed that her intent all along was to use the encounter as a way to become pregnant. The lyrics explain later, when she accidentally crosses paths with the one-time lover, that her baby is the result of their tryst and she did it only because the man she is in love with is not able to father children. (WIKI)
Well, she was a model before Blondie, so hotness was pretty much a given. Originally Posted by TinMan
According to WIKI, she was also a Go-Go Dancer in Union City, NJ and after that, a Playboy Bunny.
“Best” rather begs the question of what we mean by best. Best technique, best range, best sings, best use of talent, etc. and they just get into the issue of how far to yousyretch the various genres to come within the anbit of “rock”. But I’d think that these women gave to be in the discussion:

Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Grace Slick
Chrissie Hynde
Tina Turner (maybe not rock)
Linda Ronstadt (probably not rock)
Melissa Etheridge
Debbie Harry
Anne Wilson
Carly Simon (probably not rock)
Aretha (probably not rock)
Liz Phair

But Janis and Stevie is a hard top two to beat.
I was being very specific in my “rock” descriptor. And I agree with your “probably not rock” assessments...although they are great singers nonetheless.
  • Crock
  • 02-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Amy Winehouse Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Sigh...
If Amy had been around long enough to mature as an artist, she might very well have developed into one of the greats. Back to Black was a fantastic album (but then, almost anything with the Dap-Kings will get kudos from me). Unfortunately, we will never see her realize that potential.
Or one that looks like Stephanie Rayner

(click to animate)

• Crock
  • 02-01-2019, 11:56 AM
If Amy had been around long enough to mature as an artist, she might very well have developed into one of the greats. Back to Black was a fantastic album (but then, almost anything with the Dap-Kings will get kudos from me). Unfortunately, we will never see her realize that potential. Originally Posted by TinMan
In her short time on earth, she made it onto my list of greats.

Back to Black was great, but her live sessions were what made me fall in love with her voice. And I much prefer studio music to live music, usually.
Grace Slick was the first of the great female rock singers.
Perfect size mouth with delicate wet tongue!

He wanted a skinny bitch and you ended up talking about vocal weight!!!
never ceased to amuse me ECCIE!!!
^^^He’s cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs sexy!
Grace Slick was the first of the great female rock singers. Originally Posted by pyramider
Gosh damn she was ugly, not quite Janis Joplin unattractive, but she never gave me wood, but I was part of the Wilson Sisters, Donna Summer, Stevie Nicks era.