The Green Conundrum.....

Really. How many keep a vehicle that long? Besides those still around, if really used, driven and worked that long don't look that great. Maybe they like antiques.

Been leasing for years. Usually get a new vehicle every 3 yrs. I like new vehicles, so any 8 yr battery warranty will not matter.

Batteries are evolving and only getting better. Good chance your next EV selected in ~3 yrs wil have totally different battery.

As far as oil & gasoline, let them greedy Texans and Arabs go drink their effing oil! Don't need it anymore. Originally Posted by Zollner
Yes. More efficient, and less expensive with newer battery chemistry.
Maintenance on a gas powered engine will be much more expensive than maintenance on an EV, so over 20 years you will end up spending considerably more. Originally Posted by brasil
True. Most of the scheduled services are tire rotations and a few software updates that can't be pushed ota.
I don't think some will understand until they actually own an EV and see for themselves.
I like new cars also. A three year old car is a junker to me. I get a new one every year or 10,000 miles.

With 60% of battery recharge energy coming from fossil fuels I am staying with with gas powered for now. Until it all becomes sustainable without government subsidy may be jumping the gun. If government subsidy goes away the EV could become a boat anchor. I prefer to see what happens with hydrogen & fuel cells as putting all your trust in the electrical grid may leave you powerless across the board.. home, car, phone laptop. May hit the hobby budget as collateral damage Originally Posted by sexman333
I don't see how it will become a boat anchor as long as electricity and batteries continue to exist.
Anyone else notice brasil's missing poast from this thread?
Something about edit-PR if I remember correctly.....

Back in the old days, poasts were never disappeared.....
Anyone else notice brasil's missing poast from this thread?
Something about edit-PR if I remember correctly.....

Back in the old days, poasts were never disappeared..... Originally Posted by Paulie Rockstar
Rule is pretty clear

#21 - ECCIE Staff will go to great lengths to avoid editing, deleting, or censoring our members posts or threads...unless absolutely necessary. Forbidden topics such as underage sex, illicit drugs, bestiality, revealing personal info, medical speculation, or images not in compliance will be removed from public view. Controversial, troublesome, or objectionable posts may draw staff attention or in some cases disciplinary action, but the offending post will not be removed from the view of our membership in any but the most extreme cases. Often times you will find directions, footnotes, or other guidance from staff edited INTO posts which draw our attention. These are for the purpose of educating the readers of what is and what is not acceptable as well as informing others about how these issues have been dealt with. Members are encouraged to RTM posts which include rule infractions or objectionable material if it appears that staff has not already becomed involved with the thread or post in particular.