Hammerin' Hank Tells It Like It Is

I'd have to think hank knows about racism first hand....as he neared ruths' record he received a staggering amount of hate mail...he got death threats....m.l.b. was assigning up to 150 plain clothed security officers in each stadium that hank played...uniformed security was jacked up to high numbers....
his complaint about the lack of a.a. ballplayers has been a lament for a number of years....more ball players come from latin american and asian countries than the u.s.....basketball has replaced baseball as the get out game....
margaret sanger was a big time racist....for better or worse she is remembered as a pioneer in women's birth control and other health issues.... Originally Posted by stevepar
But meanwhile BO gets elected not just once but twice. Which proves his huge disapproval rating has nothing to do with his race.
I'd have to think hank knows about racism first hand....as he neared ruths' record he received a staggering amount of hate mail...he got death threats....m.l.b. was assigning up to 150 plain clothed security officers in each stadium that hank played...uniformed security was jacked up to high numbers....
his complaint about the lack of a.a. ballplayers has been a lament for a number of years....more ball players come from latin american and asian countries than the u.s.....basketball has replaced baseball as the get out game....
margaret sanger was a big time racist....for better or worse she is remembered as a pioneer in women's birth control and other health issues.... Originally Posted by stevepar
If someone lamented the lack of white players in the NBA, they would be racists.
Racism goes both ways and I believe will never go away.
The best we can hope for is to learn to live with it.
Due to the unfair treatment to blacks hundreds of years ago they have been given numerous opportunities for advancement of their race. That alone has fueled more racist feelings by the whites who were passed over for jobs or advancements because of their color.
What's the solution?????

Move forward and quit using your skin color as an excuse to get even.

Goes for blacks and whites
Due to the unfair treatment to blacks hundreds of years ago they have been given numerous opportunities for advancement of their race. That alone has fueled more racist feelings by the whites who were passed over for jobs or advancements because of their color.
What's the solution?????

Goes for blacks and whites Originally Posted by mtnitlion
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character".......Martin Luthur King

"We will have those ni....s voting Democrat for the next 200 years......Lyndon B. Johnson.

Considering the state of Blacks in America, with the high unemployment rate, high incarceration rate, high poverty rate, and high out of wedlock birth rate, LBJ's statement was the one that came to fruition.

Keep voting Democrat.
What's the solution?????

Goes for blacks and whites Originally Posted by mtnitlion
I could go along with that!!!

Now they have neckties and starched shirts." Originally Posted by timpage
Hmmmmmmm....is that a necktie I see under that starched collar?
An old black man defending another black man (and his failed leadership) by playing the racist card.

Yawn.
jackie s...
actually after signing the voting rights act lbj said we have lost the south for the next 50 years....
jackie s...
actually after signing the voting rights act lbj said we have lost the south for the next 50 years.... Originally Posted by stevepar
LBJ never could get his facts straight - but he sure taught everyone the importance of stuffing the ballot box to steal elections.
  • sfb
  • 04-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Hank Aaron was not saying that racism is the reason that there are not many black kids growing up to be baseball players. He was implying that the sport was not popular among the culture, and he would like that to change.

There have been numerous theories about this over the years, though one of the simplest I have heard and relatively logical ones is simply a matter of location. There is a high % of minorities living in inner cities where there are typically few if any baseball fields. Add to this the fact that a baseball game really requires at least 10 people to have fun playing, and you get a sport that is hard to organize outside of league, with few places to play it. I have heard him advocating numerous times different charitable causes that were built around the goal of bringing the sport he loved to everyone; making it more accessible.

His comments regarding the idea that racism is not over are held be numerous people of all races. Is it better now than it was 40 years ago? Of course it is, but the journey is not over. Thinking otherwise is simply burying your head in the sand.
Hank Aaron was not saying that racism is the reason that there are not many black kids growing up to be baseball players. He was implying that the sport was not popular among the culture, and he would like that to change.

There have been numerous theories about this over the years, though one of the simplest I have heard and relatively logical ones is simply a matter of location. There is a high % of minorities living in inner cities where there are typically few if any baseball fields. Add to this the fact that a baseball game really requires at least 10 people to have fun playing, and you get a sport that is hard to organize outside of league, with few places to play it. I have heard him advocating numerous times different charitable causes that were built around the goal of bringing the sport he loved to everyone; making it more accessible.

His comments regarding the idea that racism is not over are held be numerous people of all races. Is it better now than it was 40 years ago? Of course it is, but the journey is not over. Thinking otherwise is simply burying your head in the sand. Originally Posted by sfb
I agree. The journey is not over until every single white person gets on their knees and asks for forgiveness for being white, and gives all their money and possessions away, which are really just fruit of the poisonous tree. All white people are the beneficiaries of massive and disgusting racism, which is the personification of the white existence and a bane of the planet - they need to suffer.
Either that, or some assholes will never accept the responsibilities for their own miserable fucking failures and milk the system forever.
  • sfb
  • 04-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Your post does nothing to prove your side of the argument. It provides absolutely no argument at all, but is rather just a cynical rant about nothing.

I'm surprised to hear it from someone who seems to have made a very good living from presenting facts and figures in the attempt to win a case.
  • CJ7
  • 04-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Your post does nothing to prove your side of the argument. It provides absolutely no argument at all, but is rather just a cynical rant about nothing.

I'm surprised to hear it from someone who seems to have made a very good living from presenting facts and figures in the attempt to win a case. Originally Posted by sfb

spend about 5 minutes reading the crap he comes up with and you wont be surprised after that ...

I'm surprised you actually believe that moron is a lawyer

I'm surprised to hear it from someone who seems to have made a very good living from presenting facts and figures in the attempt to win a case. Originally Posted by sfb
Racism is nothing?
jewish liability....
if white guys could jump there would be a lot more in the league...
the nba has been adding players from very diverse countries....a lot of the old eastern bloc countries....derk nowitzski from the mavs among others....and they're white....
If someone lamented the lack of white players in the NBA, they would be racists. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer