Threads Disappearing On ASPD

So Johnnybax,

As of now you have 158 posts. I would be good money you have posted less than 158 words in those posts.

How about you give up racking up a post count here. Originally Posted by Boltfan
It must be the twitter syndrome. No substance allowed.
It must be the twitter syndrome. No substance allowed. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
Good call, You and Bolt, the text generation at it's finest........
I think it's time to shrug our shoulders and leave aspd behind. However, just as it was cathartic to have farewell discussions on aspd, I think it's a good thing to air our consternation at how aspd ended. OMG.

One day not too long ago, I was a member of an aspd community that was helpful, entertaining (for sure), and surprisingly well moderated compared to just about any Internet board or blog I've been a regular participant on.

Then one day, I logged in and an angry hag that I had never heard of was explaining to the community how much of a burden we were and how undeserving of the service that we were paying for. That is like a red cape to me but I have not lost a child and didn't know any of the circumstances so I let it roll off my back.

Then a day or two later, unknown angry hag's angry daughter is explaining to us all that we are like dogshit that you find on the bottom of your shoe. We - the paying customers - are told that the site might be shut for a couple of days just to make a point. WTF? My relationship with aspd was terminal at that point.

Finally, and most ridiculously, angry daughter sends out emails and makes posts soliciting donations to support their for-profit business. LOL. Admittedly, I don't think there is any way that these people could manage any kind of legal equity arrangement. The whole thing is a clusterfuck, IMHO.

Bottom line: it was ASPD's time to go. I hope this site will carry the torch for a while.
I think Deuce would have been much better off with donations if he would have separated his association with the angry daughter and just started his own site. People tend to not want to donate money to someone who has insulted them.

I have no idea how the donations are going for them but I am sure the big mouth daughter's association with the new site does not help. I think it would have helped their cause if the daughter would have started a thread apologizing for being a loud mouth hot head like her mother because of the grieving process. Most people have lost love ones and they would have understood her pain, but to insult people and then ask for a donation is just bad business.
As of 1:20am DFW time, the link to ASPD appears broken. The site has apparently 'gone dark'.

Well, I'm over here now.

Never did get an answer to my reasonable question about what happens to the archived material from ASPD--particularly the membership materials stored there.

Admiral Nelson has the Con.
I think Deuce would have been much better off with donations if he would have separated his association with the angry daughter and just started his own site. People tend to not want to donate money to someone who has insulted them. Originally Posted by justanotherguy
Absolutely!!
As of 1:20am DFW time, the link to ASPD appears broken. The site has apparently 'gone dark'. Originally Posted by Admiral Nelson
Yep, it's gone. Now I can go to sleep.
They went dark at 9 pm central time. And the world didn't end and we have a wonderful home here. This would probably be a good time to end this thread if the mods agree.
I agree with all of you fellers, I was a "Paying Member" for BCD for a number of years, and I always enjoyed it, very much so...I tried to stay nuetral and listen alot, it worked well for me.
I am a VP of an Advertising Agency, and you don't make money by being an ass.
Above all, ASPD was a business...period...then they get all pissy and emotional, why, unknown. I have lost a Father, 4 Granparents and uncounted Family, but I didn't take it on my clients who ultimatley pay the bills.
Someone over there got the Bank Funds from the Owner's Bank Account, I guarantee you that, they just took they money and ran....
Oh well, I am sure we will be happy anyways...we will see the next steps of this, I have a feeling we will be hearing more down the line.
I would bet a plug nickel the "Story" ain't over.

Moto
Kinda sad to see it go, and I wish it could have been handled differently. There are so many unanswered questions, but like most things in life we will forget and move on. I consider it a luxury to have so much spare time on the brain to sit back and contemplate such things
  • OFF
  • 01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Kinda sad to see it go ... but like most things in life we will forget and move on. Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
All of this has been very sad, but like ASPD, I think it is time to push "unsubscribe" and let this thread pass on as well.

OFF :-)

Somewhat, kind of, maybe a little bit related "Watching the Sunset" Boobiage Photo

Finally, and most ridiculously, angry daughter sends out emails and makes posts soliciting donations to support their for-profit business. LOL. Admittedly, I don't think there is any way that these people could manage any kind of legal equity arrangement. The whole thing is a clusterfuck, IMHO.

Bottom line: it was ASPD's time to go. I hope this site will carry the torch for a while. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
You hit the nail on the head Lust4. Except you left out the part about how the masses cowed down to the angry hag's angry daughter...and all the rates and all the tits were gone. WTF is the world coming to?
Refer to the post above ( OFF's) I think that says it all.
hey admiral nelson...welcome to eccie
Hey admiral nelson...Welcome to eccie, to bad aspd is gone, but much more fun here

quote=Admiral Nelson;30201]As of 1:20am DFW time, the link to ASPD appears broken. The site has apparently 'gone dark'.

Well, I'm over here now.

Never did get an answer to my reasonable question about what happens to the archived material from ASPD--particularly the membership materials stored there.

Admiral Nelson has the Con.[/quote]