Dangerously Close to Religion

Truly Don, an awesome experience.

I spent a week in Paris recently, and that just wasn't enough time.

Italy is my next long trip and I may go to Amsterdam for 2 days before flying to Rome.
A couple years ago a retired provider and I spent a month in Italy and one of the best surprises for me was beaucoup highway vendors selling porchetta, which I guess is like bar-b-q to them. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
That's funny. I drive through there fairly often on the way to Dallas and I've never noticed anyone selling porchetta. I guess I'll have to look harder next time.
Now that's a detour for a man who takes the scenic route. I always have the most fun when I get lost.
Pierson's and Co Barbeque at 5700 West Tc Jester. They are the King when it comes to BBQ in Houston. IMHO Originally Posted by carkido45
Didn't know about Pierson's thanks for the tip.

Burns used to pretty good until the original pitmaster passed away. Originally Posted by carkido45
Yeah, Old Roy was a master. He tried to retire two years ago but came back because his son's just weren't keeping it up to his standards.

We rented the apartment and ride through an outfit called UNTOURS. They are very inexpensive and the real deal....

We got all our porchetta from roadside vendors, yanked straight off the deceased hog. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Good Info, Thanks
bEST RIBS IN HOUSTON ANDS DOWN THELMAS BARBQUE ON SCOTT AND MCGREGOR,I promise you!! Best pulled pork in houston is Lyndons Pit BarBque on Hollister and 290,and Goode company is the go to for Potato salad. I never leave any of those places bloated just very satisfied
I just went to Luling City BBQ on Richmond I decided to try them out since Pierson's is closed on Sun and Mon.
Big mistake the Brisket was tender but no smoke taste and the sausage was ok but for three links and a pound of brisket for 28$.

The sauce was ugh not sauce.
I'm just glad I didn't order anything else.
I have been cooking Ribs all morning (after soaking all night; I will let you know how they turned out in a few more hours.
Not the best in Houston but good you can gorge yourself (all you can eat) Larrys
I'm still a fan of Otto's Barbeque on Memorial Drive. Originally Posted by txswing99
I thought they closed Ottos. I loved that place.

I went to Wharton. I got some kolochies (sp) along the way. And I bought my deviled eggs and potato salad from Neilson’s. I promise I’m such a cook, but my potato salad really just sucks , and Junior’s sauce is not only awesome and doesn’t make me feel overly full for HOURS.

Wine, beer and Mexican fruit salad. It's gonna be good!

Someone asked about sausage. Junior’s is a smoke house too. Their jerky and sausage totally rock.
OK, I guess I'll weigh in (pun intended).

Pierson's has the best brisket and sauce in town. Hand's down. Yes, you will come out of there smelling of smoke, but WGAF. Interestingly, there is a beauty parlor just above Pierson's, and I don't see how one could come out of THERE not smelling of smoke. Of course, by looking at the big girls coming and going from that beauty parlor, a smoky aroma could only help them lure a man their way.

Thelma's has the best ribs in town, but they are highly disorganized and you may wait forever if they're busy. It's worth it, though.

Rudy's has very good dry baby-back ribs. Baker's Ribs on Voss has (or had?) good ribs, too.

Best all around is Luling, in my opinion. I think the brisket is very good, and the sausage is the best in town (from City Market in Luling), as is the chicken. The ribs are good, too. I disagree with the comment above regarding the sauce. It is a mustard-based sauce, and it is delicious.

Otto's BBQ sucks (it reeks of Bush in there), but the hamburgers are excellent. I've always felt that anyone who went to Otto's for the BBQ was an idiot.

The best potato salad is at Nielsen's, and there are no legitimate contenders. Demeris has absolutely the best french fries, although the BBQ is marginal.

Pizzatola's is decent, but it is, by far, the most expensive BBQ in town. The ribs and chicken (cut off the bone) are very good. A warning: if you can't stand Aggies, don't go there . . . the place is lousy with them.

Goode Co. sucks in every respect.
Had to chime in. Pizzatola's is by far the best BBQ in Houston and the only place I go anymore if I can help it. The owner's 80+ year old mother still make the banana pudding every morning in her own kitchen and brings it over.
I'm a fan of The Swinging Door in Richmond....Out in the country. I've had lunch in there sitting next to real ranchers with real shit, and real spurs on their boots

For me, Pierson's, Thelma's and Burns all get the job done. Swinging Door is good, too, but it's a bit of a hike.
I will have to try some of these locales In my limited experience, Carl's on 290 in Cypress is the best brisket and baked potato salad (bring a pipe cleaner for your arteries).
Probably did. I like mine spicy or a bit tangy vs sweet. Even though I love your avatar.......I have to call you on this one . Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Call me anytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I pour some sauce on you?