Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

With Alvarez and Cotto ducking GGG, there's no way Mayweather will take the fight. There's just too much risk + not enough money for it. We can always dream...

This is actually one thing I like more about MMA than boxing. In boxing, it seems that the promoters have so much influence in setting up fights that boxers like GGG sit on the sidelines forever waiting for a title shot whereas in MMA, it feels like the organization has more control over the fights so you see top contenders (or sometimes hyped new guys) get a shot at the title more often. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
The promoters do have a lot of pull in boxing. There is so much bullshit that happens behind the scenes that we will never know about. I can appreciate the sport of MMA but I have never really followed it..
Mayweather will not fight GGG...he knows he will get his ass kicked. Floyd's going to pick the easiest guy out there for his last fight....I'm looking forward to his retirement. It will give guys like GGG and others the chance to give us boxing fans some REAL fights to watch Originally Posted by SNL9933
Ditto.... glad ur back sexy man.
Boxing Fans - Tonight there are two separate events taking place:

Andre Ward vs. Paul Smith (he came in over weight)

Adrien Broner vs. Ken Porter (I hope Broner loses - I think he's an asshole)
MGM - Las Vegas.

This event is on the BET channel...(Channel 1155 HD locally)
Fight is at Oracle Arena - Oakland

Another event tonight

Davie Lemieux vs. Hassan N'Dam (Channel 1651 locally in HD)
This fight is taking place in Montreal.
I wonder how serious De La Hoya is about a comeback at 42 against GGG or is it the drugs. A fight against Mayweather makes more sense financially (probably 1.5MM - 2.0MM PPV buys) and physically (not likely to get KO'd).

Adrien Broner vs. Ken Porter (I hope Broner loses - I think he's an asshole). Originally Posted by SNL9933
Shawn Porter not Ken Porter. You got your wish. I don't see Broner being considered in elite status much longer.
  • Trey
  • 07-18-2015, 11:48 PM
1ACA7944-979F-4ECC-8D61-A11145577563.JPG

Well today chavez won a fight, finally. It sucked, he bitched, made excuses and cried. He embarrassed himself, his father, and Mexico too. He fought glass joe, couldn't put him down blamed it on a broken hand that didn't seem to hurt when another guy grabbed it. I hate that he won as now we for sure will see his lame ass again.
Chavez could be a decent fighter...but I think he's lazy and he obviously is a boxer just by way of his fathers previous legacy. He won't go anywhere in the sport of boxing...
What? ....no pre-fight chatter?

Not ready to rumble?
  • Trey
  • 09-13-2015, 02:55 PM
That was a fight of no interest at all. Prob did better then the Sugar Shane fight on ppv. But still I wouldn't have paid more then 25 bucks for it. He claims its his last fight but I expect him to go for one more payday in May. It is time to get out but why not get to an even 50? I don't know who it would be but I expect some Mexican so as to boost ppv sales.
That was a fight of no interest at all.
........ Originally Posted by Trey
For me, that puts it right with the others.

Thanks for the update.

p.s. I roasted some Hatch peppers today. They were awesome.
I didn't even bother with it....I could give a fuck. I just hope Mayweather honors his word and stays retired....it's all about Cotto v. Canelo...
I want to see Money fight again just don't want to pay for it ijs
I want to see Money fight again just don't want to pay for it ijs Originally Posted by The Player
similar to some whores I've seen.

I do ..... but I don't.
^^ my feelings exactly...
so much for may's defense and safety fighting tactics... idiot stutters like a fucktard
GGG v Lemeaux should be much more exciting.

Mayweather v Berto pulled in some pretty weak PPV numbers...