motel 6

I have been on tour two weeks and can say that I have paid "less" for my 3 and 4 star upscale hotels than I would have for a motel 6 or any two star or less hotel!

My clients always appreciate my incalls!

I am in dallas and in a 4 star hotel for just 50 bucks a nite!

If you can get a 3 or 4 for a better price,why not?/ I like the comfort and securiity I feel when I stay at such hotels!
I see nothing wrong with low-end motels. Look, somebody has to pay for the room. Either the hobbyist foots the bill in terms of a higher donation rate, or the provider eats as a cost of doing business. I have a perfect example. I'm wanting to see a provider. She can't host and neither can I. We are trying to find an economical place for our 1 to 2 hour tryst. Unfortunately, it is spring break and even the Super 8s of the world are gouging the public by asking $85 for a room. Whatever place we end up meeting at is coming straight out of my pocket. It is a huge difference maker. Instead of going for 90 minutes or 2 hours, I'm now most likely locked in at only 1 hour because of the room rates. I don't want to use hotwire or priceline and the provider doesn't have a credit card, so she can't take advantage of those websites. It has gotten to the point where I may not end up seeing this provider and instead opt for a touring provider who has a set price that includes the room. If go that route, I maybe able to pay for a longer date.
good point---that will work in that situation!

But the only reason i do what I do is because when i travel,I stay 2 to 4 nites in one place and opt for the comfort.
  • Paven
  • 03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
I am with you Dallas and I'm the same way for the most part staying a few days in one place. It's all about safety, cleanliness, convenience and comfort. I spend quite a bit on hotels because I tour monthly, I love it, being on the road that is. I also need to customize my room because I need certain amenities. Dallas I want to know where you get 3 and 4 star hotels for $50 a night and don't tell me PRICELINE!!! LOL I can't pick my hotel with those guys.

Cpalmson-You don't need a credit card to book a room online you can use a Vanilla Visa Gift Card and it doesn't have a name on it. You just have to give them your name when purchasing it and show an I.D. upon check in. Now some hotels want a cc or debit card for incidental purposes, you can't use your the VV for that. Some hotels wave incidental fees and some take cash.
Paven, you can pick your hotel with Hotwire. There are sites like betterbidding.com that reveal the name of the hotel Hotwire is showing you based on the neighborhood, star rating, and amenities. Usually I can identify exactly which hotel it is, and if I can't, I can almost always narrow it down to two, three at the most. I'd say about 90% of the time I know EXACTLY which hotel I'm getting. If you google "Hotwire hotel list" or something like that, you should find a few sites like betterbidding.com that will help you out.

Sorry to hijack.
Paven, you can pick your hotel with Hotwire. There are sites like betterbidding.com that reveal the name of the hotel Hotwire is showing you based on the neighborhood, star rating, and amenities. Usually I can identify exactly which hotel it is, and if I can't, I can almost always narrow it down to two, three at the most. I'd say about 90% of the time I know EXACTLY which hotel I'm getting. If you google "Hotwire hotel list" or something like that, you should find a few sites like betterbidding.com that will help you out.

Sorry to hijack. Originally Posted by tracibrooks
ditto--It takes alot of research but if you know what hotels are what star level/what area is best/etc you can come out great..I have never paid more than 75 bucks for a 3 or 4 star hotel!
{I had a VERY nice huge upscale hotel in Houston for 50 bucks...on their site it was 200}
I only do outcall so I always know it will be safe and clean Originally Posted by burkalini
Fuck, I'm pretty sure I removed that bag of chips from the back seat of my truck!
I would never meet a client there but are seriously rehabbing those. In stayed in a newly refurbished, immaculate one in Manhattan, KS during a road trip and was thrilled. Motel 6 ftw! Originally Posted by SillyGirl

Need to remember ... in towns like Manhattan, KS a Motel 6 is a 4 star establishment.