Duke Lacrosse Team Accuser Convicted Of Murder

• BJerk
  • 11-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Actually, she is a woman. And women ALWAYS get the greater benefit of the doubt in he said, she said cases.

Unless, of course they are obviously guilty.

Thanks again for proving you're an idiot. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Are you denying white people are a problem in a multicultural society?
Are you denying white people are a problem in a multicultural society? Originally Posted by Bert Jones
You think?

More and more I am thinking you are Marshall masquerading as a liberal in order to discredit them.

You are that ridiculous.
  • Doove
  • 11-26-2013, 03:45 PM
But, apparently, she had no explanation as to how she got away from being strangled by him, went into the kitchen, got at least one knife, and came back to where he was in the hallway and stabbed him. That would indicate self-defense wasn't necessary, she could simply have left the house once she got to the kitchen. Going back after him sounds like revenge. Originally Posted by ExNYer
From the article:

He said as they continued to fight, (emphasis mine) Mangum tried to stab him several times before stabbing him in the side of the chest as he stood in the hallway.

I don't see where in the article it says she went to the kitchen and came back. Maybe i missed it, or maybe it's information you have that's not in the article.

Of course, she tried to say HE got the knives, not her, and for some unknown reason, THREW them and - I guess - she picked one up and stabbed him in the bedroom. That story sounds ridiculous. She no doubt made stupid and easily disproved statements to the cops before she spoke to her lawyer. That pretty much eliminated his ability to make a believable claim of self-defense.
Again, from the article:

Photos of the apartment showed kitchen steak knives scattered throughout the apartment.

A lot of things happen in this world that sound ridiculous.

Look, i don't think i ever claimed she was innocent. All i said was that, at least from the article, she sounds no more guilty than George Zimmerman.

From the article:

He said as they continued to fight, (emphasis mine) Mangum tried to stab him several times before stabbing him in the side of the chest as he stood in the hallway.

I don't see where in the article it says she went to the kitchen and came back. Maybe i missed it, or maybe it's information you have that's not in the article. Originally Posted by Doove
True, but somebody went to the kitchen unless knives are routinely strewn around the house.

Again, from the article:

Photos of the apartment showed kitchen steak knives scattered throughout the apartment.

A lot of things happen in this world that sound ridiculous.

Look, i don't think i ever claimed she was innocent. All i said was that, at least from the article, she sounds no more guilty than George Zimmerman. Originally Posted by Doove
Maybe, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. It is difficult to compare widely disparate cases. Especially when there is testimony from the dead guy in one case, but not the other.

My point is that this woman has been nothing buy trouble from the start, especially when you read Gnadfly post above about her past history with violent crimes.
  • Doove
  • 11-26-2013, 04:07 PM
True, but somebody went to the kitchen unless knives are routinely strewn around the house. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Routinely or not, they were apparently strewn around the house. That makes her story sound just a little bit less ridiculous, does it not?

Maybe, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. It is difficult to compare widely disparate cases. Especially when there is testimony from the dead guy in one case, but not the other.
Fair point, but i would argue that the similarity i used in making my point is actually in her favor. In her case, the victim is on record as admitting that he started the fight

especially when you read Gnadfly post above about her past history with violent crimes.
Who?
Routinely or not, they were apparently strewn around the house. That makes her story sound just a little bit less ridiculous, does it not? Originally Posted by Doove
Unless of course, she threw them in a pathetic attempt to create an alibi.

I mean, why would he throw them at her? Are we supposed to believe he was trying to give her a weapon? If he wanted to kill her, he would have grabbed one and stabbed her.

Her whole story makes no sense. Something the jury probably concluded as well.

Fair point, but i would argue that the similarity i used in making my point is actually in her favor. In her case, the victim is on record as admitting that he started the fight. Originally Posted by Doove
True, but that may weigh in his favor. Admitting fault tends to make your story more believable, not less.

And, a claim of self defense is not predicated on who started it. It requires that you have no option but to kill to protect yourself. If she went to the kitchen to get knives, she could simply have left the house.

Also, if her story was true - that he threw a bunch of knives at her - then his fingerprints would be all over the knives. I think it is fair to imply from her conviction that that part of her story wasn't backed up by fingerprint evidence either. Surely the article would have mentioned it?

Who? Originally Posted by Doove
This post:

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=23
  • BJerk
  • 11-26-2013, 09:23 PM
You think?

More and more I am thinking you are Marshall masquerading as a liberal in order to discredit them.

You are that ridiculous. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I don't see any posts by a guy named Marshall. Where can I read his posts?
I don't see any posts by a guy named Marshall. Where can I read his posts? Originally Posted by Bert Jones
He also posted under ChoomCzar and CJohn or something like that. His multiple handles have all been banned.
Are you denying white people are a problem in a multicultural society? Originally Posted by Bert Jones
ExGYer is right. You're either Marshall, or very stupid.

• BJerk
  • 11-27-2013, 06:56 AM
He also posted under ChoomCzar and CJohn or something like that. His multiple handles have all been banned. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I will search for his posts.
  • BJerk
  • 11-27-2013, 07:03 AM
ExGYer is right. You're either Marshall, or very stupid.

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
In spite of that rather lame assertion, I was smart enough to ascertain the meaning of ExGyer - ex Gay Yorker. Implying that he either was formerly gay, or just formerly a New Yorker. Apparently, in spite of your radical right wing sympathies in common with him and IB Hankering, you old curmudgeons seem to dislike each other intensely, which is fun to watch if one can bear the relentlessness of IB's repetition. For the record, I've never met a smart person who wants to get rid of the Fed. They are universally paranoid buffoons who criticize something they do not understand.
  • BJerk
  • 11-27-2013, 09:27 AM
He also posted under ChoomCzar and CJohn or something like that. His multiple handles have all been banned. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I read some of the posts of your adversary (you seem to have many of those) CJOHN and he is, as you say, a very poor speller
I read some of the posts of your adversary (you seem to have many of those) Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Yeah. I don't put up with idiots. ECCIE seems to have many of those.

CJOHN ... is, as you say, a very poor speller Originally Posted by Bert Jones
He took lessons from Bambino.
In spite of that rather lame assertion, I was smart enough to ascertain the meaning of ExGyer - ex Gay Yorker. Implying that he either was formerly gay, or just formerly a New Yorker. Apparently, in spite of your radical right wing sympathies in common with him and IB Hankering, you old curmudgeons seem to dislike each other intensely, which is fun to watch if one can bear the relentlessness of IB's repetition. For the record, I've never met a smart person who wants to get rid of the Fed. They are universally paranoid buffoons who criticize something they do not understand. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
I'm not a right winger, and our central bank is run for the benefit of its member banks. The FED is not your friend.

And you are a walking, talking Obamaton suffering from acute Kool-Aid poisoning.
The long list of the big lie enablers ...starting with the Duke Faculty...remember the Group of 88.....bet they are Obama supporters......

http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com...statement.html Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Way to work Obama into your post. You really ARE obsessed with him. Is it political, or something else?