tipping for a shower?

Some insight on why a provider may feel inclined to charge more if she offers a shower:

IF she has her own in-call:

Cost of toiletries
Water bill
Cost of towels
Cost of laundry to wash said towels (electricity/water bill, or laundromat costs and washing supplies)

Be that as it may though, it seems like it should be a pretty standard thing during a sesh that the gent will want to shower before and/or after as well. I would also assume if ladies offer such amenities, they work those costs into their rates (that is what I do, but also why I get irritated if people try to low ball my already low rates. Btw gents, I included an assisted shower with every one of my sessions. )

However, as you were at a hotel, that just sounds utterly absurd, as I am sure everything was provided there, including cleaning service.

So yeah, this is just absurd.

Btw gents, I included an assisted shower with every one of my sessions. ) Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston

Nice. Was it expensive to have installed?

Nice. Was it expensive to have installed?

Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
That's pretty fucking sexy, actually. My mind takes it to all sorts of fun and naughty places, and not in the, assisting the elderly, kind of way.

Damn, now I want one.
I don't understand. I think you should have given her a tip without question!

A good tip would have been for you to tell her to up her game!!!
And bounced!
I mean SERIOUSLY WTF?!

No ma'am😕
Some insight on why a provider may feel inclined to charge more if she offers a shower:

Cost of toiletries
Water bill
Cost of towels
Cost of laundry to wash said towels (electricity/water bill, or laundromat costs and washing supplies)
Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Estimates:

Cost of toiletries .............................. . $ .05
Water bill (+ heating) ........................... $ 1.00
Cost of towel .............................. ...... $ .05
Cost of laundry to wash said towel .............. $ .10

In business that's called "overhead" .. and in "public relations" to pass on a "surcharge" to cover overhead like that is called "the beginning of the end."

I recommend to anyone, if you are going to "charge" for a shower make that announcement on your ads and clearly when the appointment is made ... and for you ladies who do "outcalls" be prepared to reduce your fee if you decide to take a shower at the outcall location.
Estimates:

Cost of toiletries .............................. . $ .05
Water bill (+ heating) ........................... $ 1.00
Cost of towel .............................. ...... $ .05
Cost of laundry to wash said towel .............. $ .10
Originally Posted by LexusLover

Hmmm, where exactly are you getting your numbers from, 1955? The towels I buy alone cost $10 per towel. They have to be regularly changed out because after so many washes, they get worn out. The total cost of the other things added up and then divided between each client, is still more than that.

Just as an example, and not that I am complaining, but it is good for perspective. I did my cost per client before, including everything from my
electric bill, to the share of rent that covers my in-call space, cost of supplies, etc etc. My cost per client on a "good week" works out to something like $33/client. One a "bad" week, it is more than this (obviously).

We live in 2017 and inflation is a bitch.

Be that as it may, as I stated very clearly, offering a shower before and/or after a sesh should be standard practice and not require any sort of upcharge.
Hmmm, where exactly are you getting your numbers from, 1955? The towels I buy alone cost $10 per towel. They have to be regularly changed out because after so many washes, they get worn out. The total cost of the other things added up and then divided between each client, is still more than that.

Just as an example, and not that I am complaining, but it is good for perspective. I did my cost per client before, including everything from my
electric bill, to the share of rent that covers my in-call space, cost of supplies, etc etc. My cost per client on a "good week" works out to something like $33/client. One a "bad" week, it is more than this (obviously).

We live in 2017 and inflation is a bitch.

Be that as it may, as I stated very clearly, offering a shower before and/or after a sesh should be standard practice and not require any sort of upcharge. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
2017. How can you cost a shower at $33 per client?

I'm not interested in your "mark up"! I'm talking about "costs"!

$33 per shower = $990 a month per person. 1 shower a day!

Two people in the household = $1980 a month just for showers!

A good quality towel should last at least a year with normal wear and proper cleaning (which would include sufficient bleach to kill germs) and proper drying. If you want to cost it out I will.
  • Trey
  • 03-11-2017, 04:41 PM
I think her $33 bucks includes rent, electric, ect. Not 33 bucks per person to shower.
2017. How can you cost a shower at $33 per client?

I'm not interested in your "mark up"! I'm talking about "costs"!

$33 per shower = $990 a month per person. 1 shower a day!

Two people in the household = $1980 a month just for showers! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I was giving my total cost per client as an example, as your original numbers were just ludicrous. How do you factor in less than $3 for utilities and supplies per person, especially given the fact that you actually don't know how many people total I, or any provider, sees per month or what our total costs in supplies and utilities are?

I never said it costs $33 per shower, but per client total, with all of my expenses, to run a sesh. (Rent, utilities, supplies, advertising costs, etc.) Maybe you just didn't read my post fully, or rather, decided to spin what I typed to suit your point?
I think her $33 bucks includes rent, electric, ect. Not 33 bucks per person to shower. Originally Posted by Trey
Thank you Trey. At least some people can read and comprehend!!
I have never heard of such upcharge. I have so many memories of providers showing with me. Many times I have received a bbj in a shower.

Somebody above mentioned they would have left a $20 and left. After hearing op story my inclination was what else is she going to upcharge for?
Ms ~P how do you feel about this? Originally Posted by Super Head 713
I wonder if she's gonna charge these Nola guys to take a shower while she's here in town
I think her $33 bucks includes rent, electric, ect. Not 33 bucks per person to shower. Originally Posted by Trey
That's why I said "mark up" ...

... as opposed to the "cost" of the shower, which was the OP.

My number is closer to the "cost" of a shower, which is why it's ridiculous to ask for a Upcharge/"Tip" for one.
Thank you Trey. At least some people can read and comprehend!! Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Perhaps you should revisit the OP ... it was about a SHOWER!

Too bad you can't read and comprehend ... or stay focused!!!!

Cost of toiletries
Water bill
Cost of towels
Cost of laundry to wash said towels (electricity/water bill, or laundromat costs and washing supplies) Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston

Just as an example, ....

Be that as it may, as I stated very clearly, offering a shower before and/or after a sesh should be standard practice and not require any sort of upcharge. Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
... Maybe you just didn't read my post fully, or rather, decided to spin what I typed to suit your point? Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Thank you Trey. At least some people can read and comprehend!! Originally Posted by Victoria of Houston
Back to the reality of the thread .... what does your TOTAL OVERHEAD have to do with the cost of a shower? NOTHING!

Actually, you were the one being absurd .... comparing total overhead (RENT!) ... to the cost of a shower ...!!!

Ok $2 for a shower! $5 for you:

https://www.eccie.net/providers.php?do=view&id=71