lee evans is not alive

I understand perfectly. But you believe what you want to believe. I choose facts and reality. Originally Posted by bambino
I don't consider these to be sources of facts or reality.

Do you?

Somehow, this is where so much of the "facts and reality" on ECCIE seems to be sourced.

That begs the next question: When did facts and reality become matters of opinion and beliefs? It seems to me like that happened sometime in 2017. "Agree to disagree" over everything?

More to the OP, I wonder how would Lee Evans and Tommie Smith today, given the advances in training, facilities, etc? Those guys flat out dominated in Mexico City. I think they spoke with their legs as loudly as they did with their fisted glove... How would "the man" from back then fare in today's political environment?
Jesse Owens spoke the loudest. A true American hero.

From Wikipedia, a true bastion of truth!!!!!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Owens

He didn’t raise a fist. But he certainly gave the finger to Hitler and the Aryan supremacy didn’t he?
I don't consider these to be sources of facts or reality.

Do you?

That begs the next question: When did facts and reality become matters of opinion and beliefs? It seems to me like that happened sometime in 2017. "Agree to disagree" over everything? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
It's been slowly going on over the past few decades, the internet, the advent of social media, and media companies developing "click bait" just to drive views has exacerbated it. And then it gets compounded by independents who see how easy it is to make a buck off of it:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...not-news-based

^ please let me know if "The Hill" is not sufficiently credible enough, or the research pieces it links to.

In the end, these are for-profit companies. Keeping you informed doesn't get them paid, keeping you enthralled does, so they push as much emotional propaganda at you as possible. And people eat it up.
And we know who the people that eat it up are
And we know who the people that eat it up are Originally Posted by VitaMan
And we know who it keeps up at night

lolling eh'?
Are you making cents here ?
And we know who the people that eat it up are Originally Posted by VitaMan
Basically everyone who talks on the politics board, myself included.

I try not to watch cable news or internet talking heads, but I still do on occasion, and I own up to the fact that the shit that grabs my attention the most is the stuff that feeds my confirmation bias.

I try not to watch cable news or internet talking heads, but I still do on occasion, and I own up to the fact that the shit that grabs my attention the most is the stuff that feeds my confirmation bias. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Well said, sir. I think we're all fisher of facts to some extent...some more than others.

Sucks, but that's the world in which we live.

I try not to watch cable news or internet talking heads, but I still do on occasion, and I own up to the fact that the shit that grabs my attention the most is the stuff that feeds my confirmation bias. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Well said, sir. I think we're all fisher of facts to some extent...some more than others.

Sucks, but that's the world in which we live. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
+1 for you both