Are Women Smarter Than Men?

Look at the pot call the kettle black...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=16447 Originally Posted by Mokoa
Damn, Mokoa...pulled one out of the archives there!
Yes we are smarter.
I thought this was a joke thread at first

"yeah yeah yeah women are smarter, ok? Good. Now i'm only going to put the head in. really"
Apples and oranges. The sexes think too differently to compare one-to-one. In general, men are better at deductive logic (arriving at a conclusion from known facts via rational processes), while women are better at inductive logic (arriving at a conclusion from partial and inferred facts via comparative modeling). That's why men tend to be better at math, logic, etc while women are more intuitive and people-savvy.
Actually everyone has their own opinion who is smarter,however, I know both genders who are very intelligent yet have no common sense and I have seen some "street smart" people who may not use proper grammar or know alot of facts but they have common sense. It is rare to people who are intelligent AND have common sense.
never really give it a thought.I run into both genders in my life and they just do what they do.
Women are smarter than men, they have to be to survive.
Women make better grades in school than men.
Women can also take more pain than men.
Women also commit less crimes.

P.S. Albert Enstein's famous work was done by his first wife who was a phd student in math before they got married. He divorced her after he got famous and married his cousin. After he left his first wife he never wrote anything of improtance. Some think his first wife was the one who came up with the Theories. Einstein agreed to sign over to Maric any future Nobel Prize money as part of the divorce settlement.

Behind every great man there is a woman.

P.S. Albert Enstein's famous work was done by his first wife who was a phd student in math before they got married. He divorced her after he got famous and married his cousin. After he left his first wife he never wrote anything of improtance. Some think his first wife was the one who came up with the Theories. Einstein agreed to sign over to Maric any future Nobel Prize money as part of the divorce settlement.

Behind every great man there is a woman. Originally Posted by Sugardaddy
What does committing crimes have to do with smarts? I don't think that plays in favour of women being smarter.
Some of these criminals that come up with these schemes are genius - and yes, they are mostly men.
How about both sexes have their intelligent moments and their dumb ones
How about both sexes have their intelligent moments and their dumb ones Originally Posted by burkalini
Some only experience the latter.
What??? I can't figure it out.

Behind every great man there is a woman. Originally Posted by Sugardaddy
Your Einstein conjecture is just that conjecture. After a young scientist is outside of his/her 30s there is little chance that he wiil do more. Oppenheimer knew this and spoke of it and it is a fact, or reality. The brain slows, outside influences take the scientists attention away from his work. This does more to explain Einsteins lack of work than his wife doing it. After all, once you have done the theory of relitivity you can only go down from there. Think about it!
Shouldn't the question be, "which is more intelligent"?
Shouldn't the question be, "which is more intelligent"? Originally Posted by Jackie S
It would likely garner the same response.
Depends on whether or nor pu**y is involved!