Almost 93 million Americans out of work...

Note in the article this paragraph:

“The baby boomers’ exit from the prime-aged workforce (with the highest participation rates) into the 55-years-and older age groups (with much lower participation rates) will ultimately lower the overall labor force participation rate, leading to a slowdown in the growth of the labor force."

So as the baby boomers get older they skew the numbers.
(Notice you didn't deny majoring in Stalking at U of H.) Originally Posted by LexusLover
LLIdiot, please cite the Board Rule where I am obligated to deny a stupid and unsubstantiated allegation made by an Idiot Klan, errr Clan member. Truth be known, I merely gave the ridiculous remark the attention it so richly deserved. None!

Had you provided a link confirming that I actually majored in "Stalking at U of H," I would be more than happy to confirm or deny. Whatever the case might be!

In the real world, (not Idiotville world) the person who makes the (thus far unsubstantiated) allegation should provide the actual proof in order to back up his (thus far unsubstantiated) claim.

Where's the friggin link, Idiot?

Otherwise, STFU!
Absolute Baloney. But if you have a link to facts and figures to backup your bullshit claim, then post it. Otherwise, STFU.

In the meantime, let me post the real data from the US BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics for your dummies). It clearly shows the labor force rate participation increasing since 1964; then dramatically sliding down starting in 2008 and continuing the rapid decline thru the Obama phony
"recovery."

What you are seeing is the result of 40-50 years of business trying to generate more profit with few employees. That is what the whole TQM movement is about. Better quality with less people means more profit. I use to have a neighbor what worked for a firm that location oil rigs with radio location. There was an entire industry with a large number of employees. When GPS locators became commercially available that entire industry ceased to exist in a single day. At my company we calculated that we could double our sales and not have to add a single person. This is how you have companies with record profits and 10% of the population not able to find work. Nothing any president can do about it. Originally Posted by BigLouie
So as the baby boomers get older they skew the numbers. Originally Posted by BigLouie
There are "baby boomers" who have reached retirement age, were terminated, and have elected not to waste their time seeking a replacement job when they can exercise their option for retirement if they are "vested" and of age to do so.

There are also "baby boomers" who, for individual reasons, do not find it necessary to seek a full time job (kids grown, educated, and gone), but find part time or contract (self-employment) work to replace some of the income they have lost.

Finally there are "baby boomers," who lost their jobs and have gone into business for themselves, who are also not counted.

The motivation behind those shifts have to do with the job market. Period.

What actually "skews" the numbers is a "tweaking" of the variables used to calculate the ACTUAL unemployment ... reducing "full time" to 30 hours, instead of keeping it at 40 (or even 32 which is the "benefit" required level).

What also affects the numbers are those people who have given up looking for a job, and have resorted to "assistance" to sustain them with one income in the family.

The bottom line is the published "unemployment rate" does not reflect reality.

Perfect example: September and October 2000 ... The BLS used September 2000 figures for October 2000 in the ramp up to the 2000 General election ... the AFL-CIO went ballistic over the fudging of the numbers and attacked the information on it website ... and of course Bill went ballistic whining about the criticism in December 2000. Later on in 2001 it was determined the economy had been on a down turn since March 2000.

And to assert that it is because of an increase in "technology" is incorrect.

A beef I had with the Reagan years is the eliminating of the real estate limited partnership tax shelter in which 200 to 300 unit apartment complexes were held with a income related sliding scale for renters (providing affordable multi-family housing) in which no profit could be taken from the partnership for 20 years (25?), so the "income" had to be plowed back into the complexes, which meant new appliances, new roofs, constant replace and upkeep, and high maintenance ... all providing manufacturing, delivery, service, repairs, and replacement jobs ... replacing 200 refrigators and 200 AC units every 2-3 years with a roof every 5-6 years was a good pop and there were literally 100s of them around the country.

In addition a 90 day window (may have been 60) for the sale of those units without having to pay capital gains was passed, which put a glut of units on the market in a "fire sale" atmosphere that drove down housing values ... at a time when the real estate market was already suffering.

That's what a "tax increase" will get you.
Otherwise, STFU! Originally Posted by bigtex
You pretending to be a mod now? Haven't you been pretending enough?
You pretending to be a mod now? Haven't you been pretending enough? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I am not "pretending to be a mod." Not only have I never said I was one, I have never said I wanted to be one.

Case Closed!

It was you who suggested there was an unwritten rule, whereas I am obligated to reply to a ridiculous unsubstantiated allegation, made by you.

BTW, where's that link?

As it relates to "pretending to be a mod." Were you "pretending to be a mod," when you suggested that I should reply to your ridiculous, unsubstantiated allegation?

And you wonder why I refer to you as an Idiot!
I am not "pretending to be a mod."! Originally Posted by bigtex
So, you think you are one. Ok. Where's the link in which you are appointed a mod.

I clear something up ... try to follow along, which I agree is difficult with a u of h degree.

If you don't like what I post, don't read it!!!!

You really should take some anger management classes.

Your self-control needs some "tightening up"!
In the meantime, Obama continues his war against working Americans by flooding the labor market with cheap un- and under-skilled immigrants (legal and illegal) who compete against American for jobs; driving down household incomes.

Swell guy who occupies the White House, ain't it.
In the meantime, Obama continues his war against working Americans by flooding the labor market with cheap un- and under-skilled immigrants (legal and illegal) who compete against American for jobs; driving down household incomes.

Swell guy who occupies the White House, ain't it. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
For whom he wants to offer "FREE" COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!!!
For whom he wants to offer "FREE" COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Are you delusional? The immigrants who want work already have it. And they have jobs that, for the most part, americans won't or can't do.
Well, we've ruled out Math, Science, English, History and Government.

WHAT THE FUCK do you claim to teach, dipshit?
So, you think you are one. Ok. Where's the link in which you are appointed a mod.

I clear something up ... try to follow along, which I agree is difficult with a u of h degree.

Originally Posted by LexusLover
Says the man with the hysterical multicolored meltdown!

LMAO!

Well, we've ruled out Math, Science, English, History and Government.

WHAT THE FUCK do you claim to teach, dipshit? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hey, let's add everyone from 16 and up, even though only half of those from 16-24 are working and let's include the old fuckers in there too, that'll get the number up to something eye-opening.

Originally Posted by LexusLover
Thanks LLIdiot for proving my point. The above quoted post is truly one for the ages. First LLIdiot says that I think I am a Mod, when I clearly stated the following in my previous post:

Not only have I never said I was one, I have never said I wanted to be one. Originally Posted by bigtex
Apparently some basic level, reading comprehension courses are in order. Do they even offer a basic reading course in the Idiotville Independent School District?

If that was not enough, The Patriarch of the Idiot Klan, errr Clan goes on an MULTI-COLORED, EPIC MELTDOWN!

Meltdowns, don't get any better than that!

ATTENTION:

ALL IDIOTVILLE NURSING HOME EMPLOYEE HANDS ON DECK!

PROCEED WITH CAUTION TO THE PATRIARCHAL SUITE!

THE PATRIARCH IS HAVING ANOTHER EPIC MELTDOWN!

And if all of the above was not already enough, consider the following:

If you don't like what I post, don't read it!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
What? If I do not read what you post, I would miss your next Epic Meltdown?

There is no way that I will miss that!

LLIdiot's MELTDOWNS are TRULY EPIC!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-...-low-11-months

No, I meant 92,898,000 Americans are not in the labor force according to the BLS. I didn't mean to be that tricky. If you don't have a job then you're included as in jobless for whatever reason you want to cite.