Happy Confederate Heroes Day

Sad when folks admit they dont know history yet still complain.
Getting true racists to show their colors is easy. Originally Posted by winn dixie

Yep.

(well OP, you walked right into that one. Thanks for teeing that up for us)
Sad when folks admit they dont know history yet still complain.
Getting true racists to show their colors is easy. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Sadder still when they don't post links to show the celebration of said holiday like the OP says happens.
Yep.

(well OP, you walked right into that one. Thanks for teeing that up for us) Originally Posted by Bald Bryan
What? Youre new aint you!

Google confederate heroes day!
Winn frequently forgets that Dixie was lost around 150 yrs ago. I wonder if it is just coincidental that CHD falls the very day after MLK Day? Maybe Texans should enact a Japanese Heros Day the day after VJ Day to have yet another reason to be proud of their great state.
Winn frequently forgets that Dixie was lost around 150 yrs ago. I wonder if it is just coincidental that CHD falls the very day after MLK Day? Maybe Texans should enact a Japanese Heros Day the day after VJ Day to have yet another reason to be proud of their great state. Originally Posted by reddog1951
More reverse racism and idiocy. You obviously havent read anything about the holiday or history behind it. If you did you would see how wrong your post is.

Coincidence? Just looking for shit to bitch about.

Im not an educator! Google confederate heroes day. It is celebrated by Southern States on different days . Again ..................... Some celebrate on Lee's bday some Jefferson bday others celebrate the combo on a chosen day.
Fuckers denouncing shit they know nothing about. Par for todays environment!
And how about those who do know something about it?

I don't remember celebrating this holiday in school, and I started public school in the mid-50s. Texas still had lynchings and bombings back then.

We did celebrate Rodeo Day. Maybe you got your sources of bullshit mixed up, bro.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Again google it! The State runs a skeleton crew on that day.
Of course the pc'ers want to cancel it! Ive known about it all my life!
God bless the Souths Heritage and Way of life! NO ONE CAN CANCEL THAT!
*pb still waits to see links showing latest celebrations OP talks about*
God bless the Souths Heritage and Way of life! NO ONE CAN CANCEL THAT! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Yee Haw!

The "holiday" has been under fire for years in Texas.

As for a skeleton staff, you're off base, amigo.

Enjoy your grits.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-po...roes.%E2%80%9D
Off base?
Every year, on January 19—Robert E. Lee’s birthday—Texas celebrates Confederate Heroes Day. It’s a “partial” holiday,” so state offices remain open, but employees can take a paid day off “in honor of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and other Confederate heroes.”

Quote per yr's link. Employees can take a day off. Offices open. Thats a skeleton crew!

Many State employees I know were given the option years ago of taking EITHER mlk or Confederate Heroes day off.
If they so decide.

As for choosing between mlk and confederate heroes day, I'd love to see something to substantiate that. I've known a few people on in state government over the years, and that one sounds like what the bull left behind.

But of course, that's what I'm hearing. Lot of people saying that. On both sides. On both sides.

I've got two words for you, bruv: Austin Java!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
If they so decide.

As for choosing between mlk and confederate heroes day, I'd love to see something to substantiate that. I've known a few people on in state government over the years, and that one sounds like what the bull left behind.

But of course, that's what I'm hearing. Lot of people saying that. On both sides. On both sides.

I've got two words for you, bruv: Austin Java!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Just going by what I observed years ago.
Off base?
Every year, on January 19—Robert E. Lee’s birthday—Texas celebrates Confederate Heroes Day. It’s a “partial” holiday,” so state offices remain open, but employees can take a paid day off “in honor of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and other Confederate heroes.”

Quote per yr's link. Employees can take a day off. Offices open. Thats a skeleton crew!

Many State employees I know were given the option years ago of taking EITHER mlk or Confederate Heroes day off. Originally Posted by winn dixie
... You know how it goes, mate.
Yssup and the others are those "Thomas the Doubter" types,
who never wanna believe what we show them.

I'd surely point out the Ray Epps story - but I don't
want to hijack the thread... So I won't mention it.

### Salty
God bless the Souths Heritage and Way of life! NO ONE CAN CANCEL THAT! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Not one chicken shit can ever reprogram or shame me!