Mexican food anyone/anywhere??

• Iam45
  • 02-04-2016, 02:04 PM
The hobby can be the same as shopping for meats at the butcher shop Originally Posted by biglatinmale
Yea and the cheaper and dirtier, the more popular it is
Uncle Julio's is alway great.
Anamia's in flower mound best table side Guac
Hacienda ranch
Christina's
Mia's on lemon ave
Oheidas
For fast food taco Casa
For semi fast food El Pollo Regio or taco Cabana
Uncle Julio's is my favorite place to go
Here is a link to the top 14 Mexican Restaurants in TX. In this internet publication's opinion.

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/texas...estaurants-tx/
  • Iam45
  • 02-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Umm. Don't forget mi cocina while we are at it listing all so so chains
Sandbox topic so its moved...
Fuel city tacos are gross, low quality meats. Originally Posted by biglatinmale

What they said.

Herrarras, Ojedas. El Felix, mi cocina are my choices
latin deli is fantastic
Look for a hole in the wall taqueria with a packed parking lot.

I like El Taco.H, but I've only ever been to the Grapevine location.

Cuquita's is pretty good, but I haven't been in nearly a decade. Last I went, the menus were in Spanish, and the waitstaff barely spoke English. Originally Posted by snarl
cuquitas in richardson is good i usually order the chile relleno
Javiers
4912 Cole Ave, Dallas, TX 75205

The best "gourmet" Mexican food in the DFW. Originally Posted by M69
gourmet prices thats for sure, mesa on jefferson is better
  • Lanny
  • 02-07-2016, 08:35 AM
Luna de Noche is great. Just north of George Bush on Preston. And yes, mine is an invite Originally Posted by hal53
If you are Sunday Brunch kinda psrson...theirs is a Fantastic value... $ 12 person with some Mexican dishes, made to order omellete station, pancake station...fresh fruit and mimosas...if they had mto waffles, Id probly be there every Sunday, but the pancakes are superb ( ask for hot syrup)
  • Lanny
  • 02-07-2016, 08:46 AM
Look for a hole in the wall taqueria with a packed parking lot.

I like El Taco.H, but I've only ever been to the Grapevine location.

Cuquita's is pretty good, but I haven't been in nearly a decade. Last I went, the menus were in Spanish, and the waitstaff barely spoke English. Originally Posted by snarl
Whole Heartedly agree....Cantina Laredo, Mercado Juarez and Abuelo's are consistent "Chain"
experiences...
That is like an Italian claiming Olive Garden. And Fuel City sucks compared to the many other options. Originally Posted by broes
Fuel city tacos are gross, low quality meats. Originally Posted by biglatinmale
I'm coming to this party a little late and the OP is probably no longer in Dallas but these suggestions may help others and I am not a fan of Fuel City street tacos either:

Sit down restaurant with authentic Mexican dishes like Carne Asada, Guiso, Caldos (Soups), Milanesa, etc... - El Ranchito on Jefferson Blvd in Oak Cliff. This part of town is as Mexico as it gets in Dallas.

Street Tacos and other quick plate dishes - Pinochos (Pinochios) on the Southeast corner of Carroll & Main/Columbia

Fast food sit-down or carry out - Any of the many Pollo Regio's in the Dallas area. Speciality is the grilled Pollo (chicken), with a baked onion and rice & beans. You gotta use the light green, guacamole hot sauce, it's delicious. There Mexican hamburgers are great and big. They have other things like flautas, taquitos, and enchilada plates among others.
Tacos Only 1) and 2)....

1) El Si Hay on Davis--BYOC/BYOB(Bring your own car/bottle to eat in or on. lol

2) El Come on Fitzhugh... if they they paid their rent this month.Best "street" tacos in Dallas. The New Yorker even gave them a review. At least they have tables n chairs.

For an actual sit down tex mex: Micos:Mesaro.Good. Hotties. But alot of families depending on the location.Higher end like say a Javiers which is fun but not Tex Mex. They are not similar but both really good. Hilltop hang outs. Bring it ladies! Let's just say a lot of ladies meet guys at Mesaro Inwood Village, Javiers Bar(s), and Mi Cocina Highland Park Village. Lol See you there soon Loves!