Photographers on ECCIE

• FK
  • 03-15-2012, 07:05 AM
This thread was a great idea. Most of you guys are in TX though, bummer.

I am curious if photographers, when you post portfolio pics, do you consider the fact that most of us are looking at these pics of super model women and I'm thinking well anybody could take pics of these perfect women and make it look good?

Where are your pics of women who are NOT perfect bodies and faces? All the pics in the world of "perfect" looking women still tell me nothing about your skills as a photog.

Does this make sense? I'm mainly just curious if that is something any of you have thought of?

Thanks guys!
We all like to show off our best work. If out best was of a woman with a less than perfect body, it would be used.

Personally, every "model" you see me post is either a friend or a model (on some level) that I used for a project I had. Because I have access to a couple of dozen, I can keep my work fresh and updated without using client images. Most of my clients just prefer to keep their photos private anyways so I honor their request. Even when I shoot providers, whose images are gonna be posted all over the net, I still SELDOM use them.
It's not always about showing skills (though I'd take issue that "anyone" could do worthwhile photography even with these, admittedly, beautiful women). I posted these in the hopes that the images would be enjoyed, for what they are, images of beautiful women.

As TME points out not everyone wants their photos posted, I've shot ladies with less than perfect (by someone's definition at least) bodies and faces who don't want their images shown. As a photo hobbyist, I'll go on record as saying that the number one thing I want to photograph is a beautiful face, honestly I'm more interested in head shots than nudes, unfortunately many ladies here don't want theirs shown for understandable reasons.
[QUOTE=Fallon Kelly;2294860]This thread was a great idea. Most of you guys are in TX though, bummer.

Where are your pics of women who are NOT perfect bodies and faces? All the pics in the world of "perfect" looking women still tell me nothing about your skills as a photog.

I plead guilty to using my most beautiful models too often. Here is one I have on my site. The top image. This version is stylized a bit, but you can see I showed off her large breasts, beautiful face and minimized her belly by having her horizontal.

one example
Lori,
Tia Thompson in Houston here. Glad to see you will be back in Texas soon. Missed ya last time.
BTW This is an awesome thread guys. Oh So helpful.

Being BBW I know what the other gal was asking. Remember I ask you something similar when we spoke Lori.

Anyway just wanted to say Hi lori and tell everyone participating in this thread what a great Idea. Maybe those of us that do websites could do something similar.
Best Wishes All,
I am professional photographer based in Lafayette, LA. I am looking into getting into this area of the business and would like to offer some test shots if anybody is passing through and need some photos, or locals that need some. PM me if your interested and we can talk, and I can send samples.

Thanks

I am now based in my native Los Angeles. I will be featuring an L.A. Photo Tour around the end of May, beginning of April. In celebration of my move, I will be offering affordable photo package specials.
Attached Images File Type: jpg DSC_2450.jpg (204.1 KB, 218 views)
I'd like to see more photographers keeping this thread alive.
Any recommendations for really good photographers in the San Fran area? Either based there or visiting in the next week or so..
Wow! Eccie has great photographers that I will surely work with when I move back to Texas. Anywho, are there any photographers in Georgia or South Carolina??

Also, to some of the photographers on this thread, it may be extremely helpful if you'd include your CITY AND STATE.
Great thread, thanks~
DFW Area. Check my website
Fort Worth Texas

photojaz.com

I shoot classic cars too. The girl was just catching some sun beside this '66 Mustang
Female photographer based in Chicago, but I also tour!

I will be in Dallas, May 8-10 and I offer special rates for providers (I am an ex provider of 10 years). Please contact me for more info. I look forward to collaborating with you!

http://www.revivalpinups.com