Auto Bailouts - We lost money

Got a female CEO now, all you pussies will be driving a pink Vibe...LOL
There was an earlier bailout under Bush and it was paid back. Obama tried to take credit that it was his loan that was paid back. The rest of the loans and bailouts were all Obama especially the part where the unions were given more power and the people holding the paper got shafted. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Do you know how they paid the loan back? The Feds (under Obama) were given a multi-billion dollar grant for "clean energy" engine research. They just turned around and used the money to pay back the loan. That's why they were able to do it so fast.
It is sort of like the solar companies. We giver them money to subsidized their operation and then the government buys the product..
Another is the democrat operative groups that get paid with our tax dollars to recruit more democrats; who do you think is out there pushing healthcare.gov

No big deal to them, it isn't their money it is the governments money we just keep on borrowing on behalf of our children and their children and their children. Generational borrowing is taxation without representation.
  • BJerk
  • 12-11-2013, 06:49 AM
We aren't borrowing from our kids - we don't intend, or need, to ever pay it back. Get with the program. Government debt isn't like household debt - the more money you create, the more you can juice the economy until employment picks up - which Obama has done and now the Fed is going to taper. The Fed might even contract the money supply some just to keep inflation from getting out of control.
It is sort of like the solar companies. We giver them money to subsidized their operation and then the government buys the product..
Another is the democrat operative groups that get paid with our tax dollars to recruit more democrats; who do you think is out there pushing healthcare.gov

No big deal to them, it isn't their money it is the governments money we just keep on borrowing on behalf of our children and their children and their children. Generational borrowing is taxation without representation. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

Tell me how you feel about the (to big to fail) banks getting government bailouts and giving huge bonuses to the CEO and upper echelon . were they recruiting republicans?
the bank bailout was a equal opportunity across political lines bailout
Snort.
We aren't borrowing from our kids - we don't intend, or need, to ever pay it back. Get with the program. Government debt isn't like household debt - the more money you create, the more you can juice the economy until employment picks up - which Obama has done and now the Fed is going to taper. The Fed might even contract the money supply some just to keep inflation from getting out of control. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Your economic knowledge is abhorrent.

Here is a question: if what you just wrote is true - and if what you have written elsewhere about printing money (QE) is true - why do we bother to collect taxes?

Why don't we just get rid of all income taxes and the IRS and have the government print whatever money it wants? After all, it's not like we need or intend to ever pay it back.
  • WTF
  • 12-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Obama didn't bail out gm, he bailed out the uaw.
Obama alcolytes speak of saving 1.2 million jobs as if the thing was static and done in some closed lab experiment without any possible outside influences replacing most if not all the jobs without the 10 billion loss Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Who is this lawmaker bailing out and why aren't you and JD bitching about it? Seems to me we have selective bitching around these parts!

Lawmakers, however, are insisting on keeping the program going, usually in the name of national defense. Behind that, however, is usually an economic concern. The Abrams tanks - and most other equipment used by the military - are built within the U.S. Stopping production means losing jobs in home congressional districts.
“My job is to represent the 4th Congressional District,” said Republican Rep. Jim Jordan, whose Ohio district includes the territory where the tanks are constructed. “But the fact remains, if it was not in the best interests of the national defense for the United States of America, then you would not see me supporting it like we do.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2nDk8JkYp
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
I'm not selective about what I bitch about, will read it tomorrow
We aren't borrowing from our kids - we don't intend, or need, to ever pay it back. Get with the program. Government debt isn't like household debt - the more money you create, the more you can juice the economy until employment picks up - which Obama has done and now the Fed is going to taper. The Fed might even contract the money supply some just to keep inflation from getting out of control. Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Ok. You cannot POSSIBLY be this stupid. You're gaming us, aren't you? Funny!

I have always thought that about you old fart.
  • BJerk
  • 12-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Your economic knowledge is abhorrent.

Here is a question: if what you just wrote is true - and if what you have written elsewhere about printing money (QE) is true - why do we bother to collect taxes?

Why don't we just get rid of all income taxes and the IRS and have the government print whatever money it wants? After all, it's not like we need or intend to ever pay it back. Originally Posted by ExNYer
We will always have a debt, a long as it is a manageable number, and acceptable to the rest of the world that uses our money, it will never be completely paid off. As for printing money, we can only print as much as we can get away with. Inflation is tame, therefore we are getting away with it. Once Obama gets the economy going again, and inflation perhaps starts to get too high, we will contract the money supply. Your knowledge of economics is unimaginative.
  • BJerk
  • 12-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Ok. You cannot POSSIBLY be this stupid. You're gaming us, aren't you? Funny!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Expanding the money supply to increase economic activity during a recession is standard economics, and is effective.
  • WTF
  • 12-15-2013, 06:29 AM
I'm not selective about what I bitch about, will read it tomorrow Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...F98F073A8DDD8A