Seriously???

• Booth
  • 04-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I have a good name for the proposed new forum. How about "I Don't Even Care If I Get Points... Or Banned"?
I would hope that everyone would be for a lowering of the "malious intent" of personal attacks and the BS that goes along with it. After rec'ing a very cool e-mail follow-up from ztonk (and a couple of point, lol) I have made an effort over the last couple of weeks to TRY and cap my Irisih temper and stay above that stuff.

In my opinion, start handing out points more liberally. Give the occassional temporary banning, and I think that might tone things down, when stuff gets out of control.

But ultimately, this is not a non-for-profit organization. The owners are rightfully in this thing to make a buck, so they do not want to run off customers by having too rigid of an enviroment...plus I would imagine the mods might not want to come off as the SS police.

Plus, let's face it, a certain amount of the BS does provide a certain level of entertainment for many viewers...and I'll admit there are
times I do find a certain level of guilty pleasure in sitting back and watching.

Guess, at least my answer for me, is to try and not get drawn into the fueding...at least for today, lol.

Now where is some more postings from those darn Whispers, Sixx, Wydle etc.....just joking!
What y'all are suggesting is that we replace the CoEd section with another section that will be CoEd, with no restrictions? I guess they may as well close the old section down because nobody will post there or read the threads for fear of being bored to death. Originally Posted by saj1000
Not at all, saj. Adding a NEW forum, open to all, where it's OK to get into the pissing matches that currently, er, soil the co-ed forum. However, I'd suggest that there be a few restrictions regarding personal privacy, racism, etc. But if you wanted to call someone a "bushwhacking, hornswaggling croggerkrogger" you could.

A forum that you could avoid if you didn't want to see any of that chit.

Where girls could be boys and boys could be girls... sounds like a song!

Maybe a poll is in order ... it's pretty clear how some of us feel about it. But how about those who are afraid to "step" into the co-ed forum anymore?
This may come as a surprise to everyone posting in this thread, but there is only one person in this thread so far that actually is a moderator here and that would be myself. Originally Posted by Vyt
And I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Sixx has the right to say his comment just as you do, so bringing up the "Moderator" factor seems a little ego'ish and chest thumping. You're right, you are in charge now and today...might think about how you are presenting yourself, it shines today, but might be cloudy tomorrow.
Children will act like children....irregardless if they are in the "special playground" or
out in the Adults' playground
Originally Posted by vkmaster

So true, and we're ate up with it here. Wish we could raise the level a bit.
My biggest problems with the boards is the same problem I have watching NBA playoffs. You see certain star players, like Kobe douchebag, get away with fouls and being overly chippy.

Hey now! Kobe is my favorite player......

Which is fine, but as long as that goes both ways and the players are allowed to play. Once officiating becomes perceived as one sided, then it just feels pointless after awhile.

Everything to me at least has gone both ways....

Plus it would make the mods job much easier.

Not really it would add more work. What if someone who does not want to be in the shit is called out. The mods will eventually receive PM's, etc complaining that they are mentioned in a forum they want know part of.....

Whenever a couple of the infamous members on here want to create more drama out of nothing, you could easily just move the thread to the Bitches Board (or whatever its called) and problem solved. Originally Posted by NewWave
And who would those members be?

' Bitch Boxes' for the most part don't work. Tempers flare, people sometimes get outed in the anger, personal info detailed, it only creates an increased level of hatred and even though it may be ' limited' to one forum it doesn't eliminate the animosity on the board which is up to the staff to control no matter what you call the forums or how many you create.

Totally agree. There will be members who can't stand or ever will do business with one another because of things said on the board whether or not it was directed at them because of various cliques or provider affiliations.....

IMHO the staff is better served simply moderating Co-Ed and letting the BB forum exist on another board all together. The most successful board in the country doesn't even have a BB, they moderate the existing forums which in turns eliminates the need for a BB.

I guess that is the issue. What style of moderation does one want? If it is too loose, you have certain issues because of that. If the moderation is heavy-handed you run the risk of stifling the flow of information exchanged, which is the purpose of the board IMO.

As anyone on staff or has served on a staff would tell you, moderating is often done off the board contrary to popular belief that moderators just edit posts and points. There are behind the scenes jobs the regular member will never know about and some that they will. They have to deal with review approvals, getting new providers registered, answering e-mails, serving points, communicating with admins and other mods on board issue discussions not privy to the public and a slew of things one can't even imagine in addition to the above mentioned tasks. That was the short list.

BINGO! Moderating the coed section is not at the top of the priority. Rightfully so, IMO. We all want new verified providers, guys want their review credit, etc. Neglect those matters to ensure coed is running the way some people perceive it should be would drive away people much more quickly from the site than the other way around....

Why create more work, a BB will not alleviate a moderators/admins job of babysitting, it will only increase it tenfold. On paper it may sound like a good idea, implement it and revisit the issue in a few months and the staff will be going through more bottles of Ibuprofen than CVS will sell this weekend...

People will say that you signed up for it. They are right but there is also the responsibility that a member has for their own behavior....

Terrible idea but not my board or place to decide. But I have seen it fail, multiple times on multiple boards. There are people who will request their names and handles be left out of the BB and rightly so, if a person doesn't want drama, BB has proven in time that folks will egg people on and try to drag them from Co-Ed in to the BB to fight. Moderators will spend more time in the BB than they think.

On the money... I will add awful idea as well.... Originally Posted by KosherCowboy
I would hope that everyone would be for a lowering of the "malious intent" of personal attacks and the BS that goes along with it. After rec'ing a very cool e-mail follow-up from ztonk (and a couple of point, lol) I have made an effort over the last couple of weeks to TRY and cap my Irisih temper and stay above that stuff.

Ah come on man, I like bickering with you.....

In my opinion, start handing out points more liberally. Give the occassional temporary banning, and I think that might tone things down, when stuff gets out of control.

I can handle points. Never been a real issue with me. I think bannings are an awful way to deal with issues. Ban for instances such as compromising the private areas, multiple handles, threats of outing, etc. I don't think anyone should be banned because they have like to debate.....

The owners are rightfully in this thing to make a buck, so they do not want to run off customers by having too rigid of an enviroment...plus I would imagine the mods might not want to come off as the SS police.

Exactly. I would think the owners would prefer looser moderation as opposed to the heavy- handed kind.....

Plus, let's face it, a certain amount of the BS does provide a certain level of entertainment for many viewers...and I'll admit there are
times I do find a certain level of guilty pleasure in sitting back and watching.

Absolutely, thread counts don't lie!

Now where is some more postings from those darn Whispers, Sixx, Wydle etc.....just joking! Originally Posted by vkmaster
This place would be dull without us....

sixx
And who would those members be?

This place would be dull without us....

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Nah, I think it would be a much better place, on a more grown up level without all the whining.
Nah, I think it would be a much better place, on a more grown up level without all the whining. Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Obviously, you are biased with your opinion. If you truly feel Whispers, Wylde, and myself are the only ones who stir the pot, you should get your glasses checked....

sixx
Hey Woody...well I hope you got a good night sleep at Holiday Inn!!!

Not sure where your getting the "ego" part of my comment. Of course Sixx has
his right, and based upon his partial reply to my comment, I think he knew I
was just kidding around with him.

Only reason I brought up my Moderator e-mail comment, was that it help me to look at some of my old comments, and re-think things.

So for gosh sakes, take a chill pill!

Only reason I brought up my Moderator comment, was that it help me to look at some of my old comments, and re-think things.

So for gosh sakes, take a chill pill! Originally Posted by vkmaster
Dude, I don't think he was talking about you......

sixx

Only reason I brought up my Moderator e-mail comment, was that it help me to look at some of my old comments, and re-think things.

So for gosh sakes, take a chill pill! Originally Posted by vkmaster
~Smile~

VKmaster I was talking about the chest thumping "Vyt", the honorable Moderator whom I was thinking should take the chill pill, and where I'm located at this moment I don't want anything colder, it's minus 4 now and its spring
Damn, shit like this even brought Woody out of hibernation!!
Sorry about that Woody....so is it really -4 where you're at???

Or is that an inside joke???
North Slope, yes
Damn, that's cold, Woody!! Glad to see you posting. Try to stay warm!!

I was down at Twin Peaks for lunch today and the girls were wearing these ridiculous little bunny costumes, but I bet they would warm you right up!!!

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff