What are everyone’s media sources? I’ll go first.

Liz Claman? I think Susan Li is hotter, except she doesn't have her own show.

On CNBC they have Kelly Evans and Seema Mody.

They're all smart... and easy on the eyes! Originally Posted by lustylad
[SNIP]

I have a question for our posters who claim to read such a wide and varied collection of news sources.

[SNIP]
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
you can use a paywall extension like Bypass Paywalls Clean v2.7.7.0 if you have firefox. there maybe a variant for other browsers.
  • Tiny
  • 08-14-2022, 07:36 PM
you can use a paywall extension like Bypass Paywalls Clean v2.7.7.0 if you have firefox. there maybe a variant for other browsers. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Good info, thanks Dilbert!
Thanks for the info.
you can use a paywall extension like Bypass Paywalls Clean v2.7.7.0 if you have firefox. there maybe a variant for other browsers. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Primarily:

AP for Sergeant Joe Friday's "Just the facts, ma'am!"

WSJ -- Of course. Probably almost everyone here (most liberals and all conservatives) read the WSJ's news and editorial pages.

NYT -- News, editorials, and op-eds. (Especially Paul Krugman)

WaPo -- News and editorial pages.

The Atlantic -- (A couple of their contributors, anyway)

The New Republic

The Nation -- (Of course! How else are we supposed to keep up with what our Cloward-Piven-simpatico friends are thinking?) Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian
In reply:

Ditto for me on all of the above, except the Nation.

I also subscribe to the (London) Economist and Foreign Affairs magazine.

My fave cable shows are anything on CNBC and (on FOX) Kudlow @ 4pm and Gutfeld @ 11pm. I also check out CNN and MSNBC. Originally Posted by lustylad
So, The Nation is just a bit far to the left for you, eh? (OK, it pretty much is for everyone else, too!)

I suspect you might be able to count the number of conservatives who read The Nation on the fingers of one hand! But several of their writers do a fair job of articulately making the case for the far left. And even though I hardly ever agree with them, I do like to make an effort to understand their arguments.

In fact, The Nation is where the original Cloward-Piven article from the late 1960s was published. It's often been said that this article was a key piece of the philosophical foundation of the left's late 1960s/1970s agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clowar...Piven_strategy

Whoa! This almost makes Biden's agenda, bad as it is, look like weak tea by comparison.

I also subscribe to The Economist (UK), the FT, and Foreign Policy magazine as well as Foreign Affairs.

Generally, I make an effort to read points of view written by people with whom I'm more likely than not to disagree (including almost every left-leaning economist anyone I know is likely to have ever even heard of).

It seems that a lot of people seek little more than what is commonly referred to as "confirmation bias" when choosing news and opinion sources to read (or watch). However, I try to do the opposite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Plenty of great quotes have been attributed to Charlie Munger, but one of my favorites is the one that goes something like this:

"If I'm going to express an opinion on something, I'd like to be sure that I know the other side's argument at least as well as most people espousing it."

All too often, you're likely to see debates involving people who don't even understand their own side of an argument, let alone the opposing side.
I get news from a variety of sources, both notoriously left and right winged.

What I DON'T get my news from... are the talking head pundits. Tucker, Rush, Rachel, Alex--- they can all jump in a lake as far as I am concerned. Just give me the facts and let me form my own opinions. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Lake? how about a tall bridge....
I watch naked news.