It's good to be King!

If you recall, the Obama's already own a house in Chicago. It costs about 3 million dollars.

Not bad for a simple civil servant.....
If you recall, the Obama's already own a house in Chicago. It costs about 3 million dollars.

Not bad for a simple civil servant..... Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
And the Bush family net worth is estimated to be over $60 million. So what?

Interesting chart on estimated net worth of all the presidents in 2010 dollars. I doubt any president could realistically be called a simple civil servant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_net_worth
And the Bush family net worth is estimated to be over $60 million. So what? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
By Clinton standards (according to Hillarious) that is SUB-POVERTY!
  • WTF
  • 07-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Where is WTF when a payment needs to be collected? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I paid my bet , just not in the name you wanted.

JL KKK esq.
  • WTF
  • 07-25-2014, 11:56 AM

I guess you have a link confirming that George Bush used taxpayer money to buy the Ranch or a "mansion." And just to clarify, not one of your lame-ass political hack OP-ED blogs full of ranting bullshit.

. Originally Posted by LexusLover
If you or I could get a city to buy land, develop it and have you pay 1/3 of that total cost to outright own it in 12 years....wtf would you call how that profit was generated? In my book , it was a transfer of taxpayers money to private business(Texas Rangers) which benefited GWB to the tune of a 600k investment turning into a 24 million dollar profit.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issue...shstadium.html

Briefly, here's what happened on the Ballpark deal. Bush and his partners in the Rangers convinced Arlington officials to: Pass a half-cent sales tax to pay for 70% of the stadium; use the government's powers of eminent domain to condemn land the Rangers couldn't or didn't want to buy on the open market; give the Rangers control over what happens in and around the stadium; and allow the Rangers to buy the stadium (which cost $191 million to build) for just $60 million. Finally, after 12 years as the sole occupant and primary beneficiary of the stadium project, the Rangers, a privately owned business, can take title to the most expensive stadium ever built in Texas for the $60 million worth of rent and upkeep they will have already paid the city.
If you or I could get a city to buy land, develop it and have you pay 1/3 of that total cost to outright own it in 12 years....wtf would you call how that profit was generated? In my book , it was a transfer of taxpayers money to private business(Texas Rangers) which benefited GWB to the tune of a 600k investment turning into a 24 million dollar profit.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issue...shstadium.html

Briefly, here's what happened on the Ballpark deal. Bush and his partners in the Rangers convinced Arlington officials to: Pass a half-cent sales tax to pay for 70% of the stadium; use the government's powers of eminent domain to condemn land the Rangers couldn't or didn't want to buy on the open market; give the Rangers control over what happens in and around the stadium; and allow the Rangers to buy the stadium (which cost $191 million to build) for just $60 million. Finally, after 12 years as the sole occupant and primary beneficiary of the stadium project, the Rangers, a privately owned business, can take title to the most expensive stadium ever built in Texas for the $60 million worth of rent and upkeep they will have already paid the city.
Originally Posted by WTF
All those stadium deals suck, as do you, WTF!
But I don't know how to get rid of them, or you!
  • WTF
  • 07-28-2014, 07:58 PM
All those stadium deals suck, ! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Of course they do but all the Tea Knuckleheads crying about Obama on the taxpayer tit never cry about GWB making his fortune off the backs of taxpayers.

as do you, WTF!
But I don't know how to get rid of them, or you! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Just let JD blow you....he has been bugging me for years to let him lick my balls...I can't do it.
how much is the City of Arlington making off sales tax from the stadium being there?
how much is the City of Arlington making off sales tax from the stadium being there? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Must you continuously crap up their Bush Bashing bullshit?
Since you were the first to bring up the idea of "the taxpayers' bread ... and fund raising" as being a source of revenue for a mansion. Why don't you supply a link that Obama is engaged in "the taxpayers' bread ... and fund raising" and once you have done so, I will do a search about Shrubbie?

I will wait for your link! Originally Posted by bigtex
Bush bought the ranch before he became president.
And the Bush family net worth is estimated to be over $60 million. So what?

Interesting chart on estimated net worth of all the presidents in 2010 dollars. I doubt any president could realistically be called a simple civil servant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_net_worth Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

This isn't about Bush though you can't help bringing up his name. This is about Obama and his poverty. Like Hillary's poverty, it is pretty luxurious. Yeah, I brought up Hillary.

Georgetown.................... .............................. .........................Chapp aqua
  • WTF
  • 07-29-2014, 06:06 PM
how much is the City of Arlington making off sales tax from the stadium being there? Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
IDK...you look it up.

The question was should GWB profit off the backs of taxpayers?

He invested 600k and got the taxpayers to give the Rangers a stadium that cost 191 million for 60 million.
I paid my bet , just not in the name you wanted.

JL KKK esq. Originally Posted by WTF
What name did you put down?
  • WTF
  • 07-29-2014, 07:07 PM
What name did you put down? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
JL KKK esq.
JL KKK esq. Originally Posted by WTF
LOL - really? I'll check for it next time I'm there...