Online Personalities

• Sami
  • 05-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I am very straight forward lady on or off the board. But on the board I choose my words very carefully because not everyone knows me.

So my persona here is no different than meeting me in person.
well one disadvantage of this forum is you don't hear the person's tone,you can't see their body language or facial expression... Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
For this reason, my online "persona" is a muted, watered down version of myself. I've been using this internet-thingy since the beginning and learned the hard way that certain things don't translate well.

Sarcasm
Excitement vs Exclamation
Question vs Attack
Statements vs Arrogance
etc.

So I tone down my posts and end up seeming like a bland version of myself. I consistently get told that I'm much more fun and interesting once people meet me in real life. For me, avoiding the bullshit headaches of dealing with mis-interpretted forum posts is better than being the cool kid on the boards. I'm here to share and learn. Popularity contests are for high schools and executive meetings.
... For me, avoiding the bullshit headaches of dealing with mis-interpretted forum posts is better than being the cool kid on the boards. I'm here to share and learn. Popularity contests are for high schools and executive meetings. Originally Posted by true_whatever
TW, very well said!! And I think your signature line fits in very well here...but I might have to dispute it's validity/accuracy...based on personal experience.
"Politics is high school with guns and more money." - Frank Zappa

Message/Review boards are just social politics....c'est la vie.
TW, very well said!! And I think your signature line fits in very well here...but I might have to dispute it's validity/accuracy...based on personal experience. Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
Interesting. So you believe there isn't a provider for everybody, or that even assholes find a provider for them? I suppose I could believe either conjecture, despite it tasting bad.

The more I think about it, I guess if the asshole is filthy rich then yeah, he will find some ladies willing to deal with his shit - to an extent. But I gotta believe there's truely a provider for everyone if you put in the time and patience.
I tone it down a bit for the boards.
I tone it down a bit for the boards. Originally Posted by dearhunter
It's okay DH (I mean TFP), it was kind of a lame attempt to point out that even assholes (such as me) have been able to find providers in direct contrast to his signature line...that's all.....but let's not dwell......
I don't act any differently on these boards then I do in "the real world"... No false pretenses
Life is too short to be anything but a fun loving joker.