Ruth Bader Ginsberg Falls *BREAKING*

The lefties are nervous. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
And they should be.

Filling the 3rd branch with life-tenured "office holders" who will oversee their misdeeds and malfeasance when the "overseers" are conservative-strict constructionists ... is a problem for decades.

In the scheme of things the "lefties" (Liberals) are a pimple on a gnats ass. Europe is even leaving them behind.
Back on topic finally...yes let us pray for RBG long tenure and prayers out to all Justices Trump appoints/appointed, that they may have a speedy demise. Originally Posted by WTF
There you go again... we can always count on you to rise to the occasion!

As a famous Republican once said, before he was assassinated by hateful Democrats...

And they should be.

Filling the 3rd branch with life-tenured "office holders" who will oversee their misdeeds and malfeasance when the "overseers" are conservative-strict constructionists ... is a problem for decades.

In the scheme of things the "lefties" (Liberals) are a pimple on a gnats ass. Europe is even leaving them behind. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Do you recognize a modulation in the key of the rhetoric around here since the Democrats regained control of the House.

Seems that it's a little more shrill than it was before.

• oeb11
  • 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by WTF
Back on topic finally...yes let us pray for RBG long tenure and prayers out to all Justices Trump appoints/appointed, that they may they have a speedy demise.

Disgusting partisanship.

Disgusting partisanship.
Originally Posted by oeb11
He's a proud hater. Don't let him troll you.
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by WTF
Back on topic finally...yes let us pray for RBG long tenure and prayers out to all Justices Trump appoints/appointed, that they may they have a speedy demise.

Disgusting partisanship.

Originally Posted by oeb11
He's a proud hater. Don't let him troll you. Originally Posted by lustylad
Could you two stick to the topic of RBG?

I would hate to see yall pointed for continually being off topic.
Do you recognize a modulation in the key of the rhetoric around here since the Democrats regained control of the House.

Seems that it's a little more shrill than it was before.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Not nearly as “Shrill” after Trump was elected. But I think it’s time for Buzzy to retire. Probably 4yrs past due.
Could you two stick to the topic of RBG?

I would hate to see yall pointed for continually being off topic. Originally Posted by WTF
... yes let us pray for... all Justices Trump appoints/appointed, that they may have a speedy demise. Originally Posted by WTF

^^^ Did you rtm yourself for being "off topic"?

Look... it is entirely relevant and ON TOPIC to discuss other Justices - prior and present - anytime a SCOTUS member is ill. In this instance, Yssup begged the comparison when he hypocritically called the OP "crass" while ignoring the much more hateful posts you and he both made when Scalia died.

Are you still proud of your comments on Scalia's death?
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2018, 01:38 PM
https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...75&postcount= 2

I agree - crass, inappropriate, no place for that in reasonable political discourse. Originally Posted by oeb11
Since when have we had reasonable political discourse in this forum?

The OP was snide/crass in his comment about RGB in his closing sentence.
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2018, 01:44 PM

? Originally Posted by lustylad
No, you seemed to have left out my prior sentence praying for RGB. wasn't that the OP point?

^^^

Look... it is entirely relevant and ON TOPIC to discuss other Justices - prior and present - anytime a SCOTUS member is ill. In this instance, Yssup begged the comparison when he hypocritically called the OP "crass" while ignoring the much more hateful posts you and he both made when Scalia died.

Are you still proud of your comments on Scalia's death? Originally Posted by lustylad
This is off topic. The OP was about wishing RGB a speedy retirement.

Are you still proud of your comments on Scalia's death? Originally Posted by lustylad
For anyone interested, here is WTF's reply - which belongs here in the thread where the question was asked:

Why yes I am. I meant it. The only reason I pray for Trumps health the next two years is because of Pence. Originally Posted by WTF
No, you seemed to have left out my prior sentence praying for RGB. wasn't that the OP point? Originally Posted by WTF
No, it was all one sentence, including your wishes for the demise of all Trump-appointed Justices. Although that is a hateful and disgusting sentiment, I don't consider it off-topic. Neither does wakeup. If you do, then you should self-censor instead of lecturing the rest of us about so-called "rules" you fail to observe in your own posts.

This is off topic. The OP was about wishing RGB a speedy retirement. Originally Posted by WTF
Once again, we are discussing the SCOTUS and whether the OP's reaction to one of the Court's Justices being hospitalized is "crass" or not. My post was directly RELEVANT AND ON TOPIC.
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Anyone who has or has had an elderly parent feels for her. It’s a sad thing to watch.

There was also quite a lot of glee when judge Scalia died which I found to be pretty aweful.

We should all pray for her and her replacement. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
What replacement?

As the oldest justice, Ginsburg is closely watched for any signs of deteriorating health, even though she has bounced back from previous medical issues.
Ginsburg has fallen twice before at her home, in 2012 and 2013, leading to rib injuries. She was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and again in 2009 for pancreatic cancer, both serious forms of cancer, but did not miss any argument sessions either time.
In 2014, doctors placed a stent in her right coronary artery to improve blood flow after she reported discomfort following routine exercise. She was released from a hospital the next day.

My prayers were answered when that old fucker died. Too bad the GOP held the majority in the Senate. His death probably helped with Trump winning more than any other thing other that Clinton not picking Bernie as her VP.

Moral to the story... watch wtf you wish for
  • WTF
  • 11-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Back on topic finally...yes let us pray for RBG long tenure and prayers out to all Justices Trump appoints/appointed ,that they may they have a speedy demise. Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by lustylad
Why? My post was on topic if quoted fully.

No, you seemed to have left out my prior sentence praying for RGB. wasn't that the OP point? Originally Posted by WTF
Neither does wakeup. Originally Posted by lustylad
It would be ill advised to speculate on what I think.

Everyone, get back on topic...