Fast Cars

Probably dumbest thing I ever did. Raced Tawni and Adorable Amber doing 130mph in my M5 on 635 in Irving
  • grean
  • 10-30-2018, 01:19 PM
This is the future of cars once they become more affordable Originally Posted by BLM69
Does Tesla actually plan to make it affordable to the public?
My Z51 7 speed C7 is about as fast as I want to go any more. Had it up to 165 coming back from Denver thru an isolated section of New Mexico around 3 am while back. Felt like I was doing 60.
Are there any tracks within an hour or so drive of the Metroplex where you can play with such toys? There's one near Cresson (SW of Fort Worth), but the course looks pretty short and the turns tight. What about the track called Eagle's Canyon NW of Denton? Anyone tried it? Any other recommendations? Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
Motorsport Ranch (MSR) in Cresson and Eagles Canyon (ECR) are the closest. I'm a member of ECR, it's a spectacular track being upgraded by the new owners, and is a wonderful facility, highly recommended.

As others have mentioned, the RACETRACK is the safest place to enjoy our toys, which is why I have a dedicated Track car.

Following are some links and resources, or PM me for more detail. Once ECR opens later this year after construction, I'll gladly host anyone who wishes to try trackday driving, or riding shotgun with me sometime for the experience (free).

www.eaglescanyon.com
www.motorsportranch.com
www.motorsportreg.com (to find trackdays nationwide)
www.edgeaddicts.com (host trackday events)
www.lgmotorsportspark.com (new track in Anna Tx)
www.trackjunkies.org
www.apexdrivingacademy.com (host trackday events)
www.thedriversedge.net (host trackday events)
  • BLM69
  • 10-31-2018, 12:05 PM
Does Tesla actually plan to make it affordable to the public? Originally Posted by grean
It doesn't look like it right now as they're going up in price, that new sports car coming out is sexy and sure it can be modified for faster speeds
you own one of the 18 cars built for this model
Cars have been a part of my whole life. Fastest to date has been 237mph in the quarter. Trying to hit 250 this year.
Motorsport Ranch (MSR) in Cresson and Eagles Canyon (ECR) are the closest. I'm a member of ECR, it's a spectacular track being upgraded by the new owners, and is a wonderful facility, highly recommended.

As others have mentioned, the RACETRACK is the safest place to enjoy our toys, which is why I have a dedicated Track car.

Following are some links and resources, or PM me for more detail. Once ECR opens later this year after construction, I'll gladly host anyone who wishes to try trackday driving, or riding shotgun with me sometime for the experience (free).

www.eaglescanyon.com
www.motorsportranch.com
www.motorsportreg.com (to find trackdays nationwide)
www.edgeaddicts.com (host trackday events)
www.lgmotorsportspark.com (new track in Anna Tx)
www.trackjunkies.org
www.apexdrivingacademy.com (host trackday events)
www.thedriversedge.net (host trackday events) Originally Posted by SchnellerFahrer
And all I have is my little ole V6

Good post regardless, am definitely a fan of fast cars and may visit but oddly enough don't watch NASCAR or any racing lol
  • BLM69
  • 11-04-2018, 11:49 AM
Cars have been a part of my whole life. Fastest to date has been 237mph in the quarter. Trying to hit 250 this year. Originally Posted by gtocrzy
Door slammer nitrous powered? Or turbocharged?
anything past 135, and you truely better have the rightequipment. Else even a talented driver can easily fly off the road.