For you maskerbators......

Why do you choose to think that way? Originally Posted by reddog1951
I guess I was born kind hearted. It’s the same reason I’m involved with the Miracle League, Autism Speaks, and donate quite a bit to St Jude’s and Shriners. Somebody’s gotta do it, and we were blessed with the resources to be able to do so.
Way to go Jacuzzeme. I suppose you realize that Shriners and St. Jude hospitals require the wearing of masks.
Way to go Jacuzzeme. I suppose you realize that Shriners and St. Jude hospitals require the wearing of masks. Originally Posted by reddog1951
All hospitals do. It’s the best place to get sick.
Problem is - which criteria (perspective) does one choose from to be a Maskhole?

The You will respect my authority perspective:

Or the go along to get along perspective:

Regardless, both paths lead here:
I actually do believe that.

Let's say I have a very strong immune system, which I do, and that I get exposed to COVID, which I am almost certain I have, and then I get around people with very weak immune systems, even the very small "virus shed" that I have could very well get some germaphobe with an extremely weak immune system sick.

That said, anyone with an extremely weak immune system has had months to get vaccinated and if that person doesn't care about his own health, why should I? I have no personal fear of COVID I am almost certain I've been exposed to it multiple times since this started and I am none the worse for wear. People who are still afraid of COVID can get vaccinated, wear double masks if they choose, stay locked up in their basements or do ALL OF THE ABOVE for all I care. I am going to go about my business just like I always have and no one is going to "guilt" me into doing otherwise.

Please keep in mind that actually getting COVID contributes just as much to herd immunity as getting vaccinated. lol Originally Posted by GaGambler
Well I am sure many people have been exposed to the virus to some extent and didn't actually manifest any symptoms. That's not what being Asymptomatic is. If that were the case that would make you a carrier and nobody is going to be a carrier of Covid-19. For instance animals such as Bats, Skunks, Foxes ect, are carriers of Rabies but they don't manifest the illness. If a person has been exposed to Covid-19 and displays the symptoms of the disease he or she can spread the the virus to others. After a person's symptoms have subsided and are no longer apparent there is a short period of time where a person can still spread the virus to others and is subject to a relapse as well. That is really what being Asymptomatic means. There really is no definitive way to gauge if a person can spread a virus without first actually having it.
  • Tiny
  • 06-03-2021, 05:15 PM
Do not forget about the individuality of the immune system of each person. Many are asymptomatic, do not wear masks and distribute viruses to others. Originally Posted by Kay_B
So I could walk around town and although I am not displaying any symptoms of disease I can still have Covid and can spread it. Do you really believe that? Originally Posted by Levianon17
The "asymptomatic" thing is just a boogieman. Looks like you've fallen for Fauci, hook, line and sinker. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Except for asymptotic spread isn’t a thing. Masks are about fear and compliance, nothing more. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Interestingly, masks may be part of the reason why there have been so many asymptomatic COVID cases:

https://link.springer.com/article/10...06-020-06067-8

Whether the paper is correct or not, without the masks more people would have had symptoms, been hospitalized and died.
Interestingly, masks may be part of the reason why there have been so many asymptomatic COVID cases:

Whether the paper is correct or not, without the masks more people would have had symptoms, been hospitalized and died. Originally Posted by Tiny
Nope.

Whether the paper is correct or not, without the masks more people would have had symptoms, been hospitalized and died. Originally Posted by Tiny
the article is from 7/2020. its claim are rather subjective.

you have experts in 2021 now saying masks don't work as opposed to experts in 2020 saying they work.

look at whats going on in India. pretty much everyone over there wear masks. masking doesn't seem to help at all.

You're just speculating as usual. There really hasn't been any good studies to confirm the efficiency of a mask in preventing or lessening covd-19 spread. The studies that have been conducted are junk. The best rule of thumb is if you have symptoms see your Doctor. If you don't have symptoms then you aren't sick and refrain from going around those that are.
Speculating with supporting links, logic and evidence is called debating.

Reposting social media posts is not and simple arguing is not.

During and prior to 2019, masks don't work.
In 2020 masks are the only thing keeping us alive.
In 2021 masks don't work.
Seems the choice on the table is: was 2020 just a gap year or a programed instruction?

the article is from 7/2020. its claim are rather subjective.

you have experts in 2021 now saying masks don't work as opposed to experts in 2020 saying they work.

look at whats going on in India. pretty much everyone over there wear masks. masking doesn't seem to help at all. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Speculating with supporting links, logic and evidence is called debating.

Reposting social media posts is not and simple arguing is not.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Wearing a mask in public doesn't necessarily prevent contracting a virus. There is no study out there that can really prove it one way or the other.
  • Tiny
  • 06-04-2021, 09:22 AM
You're just speculating as usual. There really hasn't been any good studies to confirm the efficiency of a mask in preventing or lessening covd-19 spread. The studies that have been conducted are junk. The best rule of thumb is if you have symptoms see your Doctor. If you don't have symptoms then you aren't sick and refrain from going around those that are. Originally Posted by Levianon17
The links and links in this thread include lots of studies supporting the use of masks to prevent COVID 19 https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...ighlight=masks
Wearing masks isn't really a big deal. The big fuck up was locking down the country and letting people lose their jobs. That was the tyrannical bullshit. If masks work so fucking great, why in the fuck did we lock down? That happened under T R U M P. H I M was a lockdown lover. Why do lockdown lovers hate H I M? H I M gave you what you wanted, precious time alone with your anal beads/butt plug.
The links and links in this thread include lots of studies supporting the use of masks to prevent COVID 19 https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...ighlight=masks Originally Posted by Tiny
Those studies are theoretical. Man doesn't need a mask to walk this Earth.