American Inequality: It's Far Worse Than You Think!

Abolish gloryholes and goodbye EKIM and assup ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
I may have gotten off point a little when I mentioned the child poverty above, I just wanted to post the information so people who didn't know about it could be informed. I just recently found out about it. I knew the gap between rich and poor was growing, but not to the degree as shown in the youtube link.
Why are most of the people that are living in so called poverty so fat.
Fresh food is much cheaper than processed food and a lot more healthy.
Is it at all possible that most of these people make very poor life choices.
We, the taxpayers, provide free education and free meals to children form pre-K all the way through the 12th grade, nobody is denied. Why is it that these people continue to make p;oor life choices rather than take advantage of what is so generously given. Is it because it is free and thus has no value to them?

Look at what happens to public housing. Should the people that live in public housing for little of nothing not be responsible for picking up; their trash and taking care of their surroundings or is it that they have no appreciation for something that is free. Again no value to them.

I believe that something said like " poverty is all they know" is bullshit because they have opportunities all around them if they just decided to do something about it other than voting for more free shit that is paid for by those that pay the taxes.

The problem is not that there are rich and poor and an imagined "gap" of inequality. The problem is poor life choices and not applying themselves to the task at hand.

Our welfare system perpetuates poverty and destroys the family unit. This is the fault of the leftist liberals. Our nation has been taking from the "rich" and giving to the "poor" for so long that the takers are starting to exceed the payers. No society can survive that for long.
  • Old-T
  • 05-31-2016, 12:51 PM
Not overgeneralizing a lot, are you Dogs?

Of course your description fits some. As Bernie Madoff was a wealthy person. Some is a far cry from all or even most.

Everything from you "fresh foods" comment has flaws. But you are convinces ALL people in poverty could avoid it "if they only wanted to", and nothing anyone says will change your closed mind.
So Old-T, what do you think of the DOS Inspector General's report?
  • DSK
  • 05-31-2016, 01:31 PM
We, the taxpayers, provide free education and free meals to children form pre-K all the way through the 12th grade, nobody is denied. Why is it that these people continue to make p;oor life choices rather than take advantage of what is so generously given. Is it because it is free and thus has no value to them?

Look at what happens to public housing. Should the people that live in public housing for little of nothing not be responsible for picking up; their trash and taking care of their surroundings or is it that they have no appreciation for something that is free. Again no value to them.

I believe that something said like " poverty is all they know" is bullshit because they have opportunities all around them if they just decided to do something about it other than voting for more free shit that is paid for by those that pay the taxes.

The problem is not that there are rich and poor and an imagined "gap" of inequality. The problem is poor life choices and not applying themselves to the task at hand.

Our welfare system perpetuates poverty and destroys the family unit. This is the fault of the leftist liberals. Our nation has been taking from the "rich" and giving to the "poor" for so long that the takers are starting to exceed the payers. No society can survive that for long. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I agree with what you are saying but the bums also like alchohol and drugs, and don't like being told to show up on time.

They are draggin the country down the shitter.
Why are most of the people that are living in so called poverty so fat. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I have a plausible explanation, which is not "original" to me (I heard it said!)!

"Comfort Food" ......high fat and high sugar levels.

They are eating away their feelings of despair.
I have a plausible explanation, which is not "original" to me (I heard it said!)!

"Comfort Food" ......high fat and high sugar levels.

They are eating away their feelings of despair. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yes, and let's not forget that organic and healthier foods are much more expensive than junk foods, most of which are not on a poor man's budget.
Yes, and let's not forget that organic and healthier foods are much more expensive than junk foods, most of which are not on a poor man's budget. Originally Posted by SassySue
They don't need to buy "organic" and "healthier" (what ever that is) foods ...

"organic" and "health" foods are merely labeling/packaging bullshit ...

... fads that fade ... like "gluten free" ...

In the grocery where I frequently shop it's mostly Black customers (and employees) ... it's a chain store. There are few "low sugar" or "sugar free" choices, which I purchase when I can. I asked why ... THE MANAGER said "they don't sell" ..... When I see a "wide butt" 200+ pound customer dropping packages of "chocolate cup cakes" on the counter with wieners and buns etc. or may be fat pork chops ... I know the problem ... raw vegetables are cheap! Chicken is cheap! I don't believe in government telling folks how to eat, but I do believe in the government telling people how to spend the taxpayers' dollars handed out on "Lone Star" cards .... at the check out stand!

And that's "Mom" teaching the kids how to eat on the taxpayers' tab. Mom "ought" to be teaching the kids how to cook "healthier" at home ... to live longer, live cheaper, and minimize the consumption of taxpayers' dollars to "survive"!

Rather than whining about "wealth disparity" .... do something about the "health disparity"!

How about being a role model?

Our welfare system perpetuates poverty and destroys the family unit. This is the fault of the leftist liberals. Our nation has been taking from the "rich" and giving to the "poor" for so long that the takers are starting to exceed the payers. No society can survive that for long. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
There are a lot of areas where there are no grocery stores. Fast food or junk food from gas stations are their only options.
There are a lot of areas where there are no grocery stores. Fast food or junk food from gas stations are their only options. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Where the fuck is that? You have just reached an all time low for "intellect"!!

I've HEARD and SEEN them drive right by a grocery store (I'm talking a chain store) and pull into a "fast food" or "gas station" to buy shit ... and while they were inside buying the "shit" their gas was being guzzled in the Escalade while the rivets rattled from the fucking obnoxious loud NOISE! Did I mention the "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker!!!

You are ridiculous.
Bitter much?
  • Old-T
  • 05-31-2016, 04:25 PM
So Old-T, what do you think of the DOS Inspector General's report? Originally Posted by lustylad

I have no idea how that fits in this thread, but here is the short version with the stronger words removed:

--The report clearly said she did not follow procedures/rules in multiple areas.

--I thought the comments about previous SofSs was somewhat gratuitous with out explaining if they (1) all had a separate private server, and (2) the relative volume. It is a big difference to occasionally forward an e-mail to a private account vs using your "personal server" as your primary comms. I am guessing her use was far in excess of her predecessors, but I don't know.

--But it does NOT touch upon what I would consider the most serious issues: her blatant security disregards for both SCI and SAP material. She can send all the state dinner menus she wants to her personal server, I really don't care. It does mention that even after there were some cyber security issues she continued to act above both the law and incredibly recklessly.

Bottom line when I read it: I was exceedingly disappointed that it was nowhere near as condemning as it should be. It makes it sound like procedural irregularities appropriate for a fine or slap on the wrist--not the gross negligent and willful disregard for highly sensitive material it is that puts US security superiority at very significant risk--a borderline treasonous act. Anything less than a long jail sentence is a joke.

Clear enough about how I feel?
Yes, and let's not forget that organic and healthier foods are much more expensive than junk foods, most of which are not on a poor man's budget. Originally Posted by SassySue

you mean food stamps can't be used for "healthy food"? i thought government cheese was healthy for you! Obama says so! he must be right yeah??

organic too! yumm! by the way .. welcome back WombRaider .. we knew you couldn't stay away ..

SassySue's giveaway "she's" really WombRaider..

be more original WombRaider ahahaha

if that's possible ..
Where the fuck is that? You have just reached an all time low for "intellect"!!

I've HEARD and SEEN them drive right by a grocery store (I'm talking a chain store) and pull into a "fast food" or "gas station" to buy shit ... and while they were inside buying the "shit" their gas was being guzzled in the Escalade while the rivets rattled from the fucking obnoxious loud NOISE! Did I mention the "Black Lives Matter" bumper sticker!!!

You are ridiculous. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Heard? Loud pipes?. You live in the ghetto?