This is only for my conservitive brothers. Democrats should not even worry about this thread.

God has punished you by making you incapable of understanding truth, virtue, or honor, thus handing you over to the devil to tell nothing but lies, indeed, to do all that is evil, and to upset all that is good. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
You couldn't explain or answer the question because you made that shit up in the first place.

After you make up a bunch of bullshit, you compound your transgression by citing attributes you know nothing about, that come from a deity you know nothing about and then claim he belongs to someone your ass-up-in-the-air self knows intimately.

What a douche-bag.
what a moron.
Well we would not swap them out with 25 million hard working people that live pay check to pay check. Forcing them to lose their houses. Maybe that's what it's really about?...stealing houses from hard working Americans. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
We (Consevatives) also wouldn't flood the labor market with cheap illegal workers who drive down workers wages so they can't afford health care............. Originally Posted by Whirlaway

So I can quote your plan for the uninsured and under-insured as, "Don't get sick!" Just what I said: no fucking plan! And I have no idea what you're talking about about swapping houses with someone.
What do you think would happen if 15 million Americans decided to cross the border and go to Canada to get free healthcare? DENIED! It would bankrupt them in a couple of years. Same exact thing is happening in America when 15 million Mexicans come across the border for free healthcare, and yet we do not deny. For every one of them that we treat, 3 of us have to pay for it. If you want lower health costs, you have to solve the problem. Or you can simply blame American companies for the problem, if that makes you feel better. Originally Posted by nwarounder
I take it you seldom travel internationally.

I, or members of my family, have reviewed free health care in Great Britain, Canada, and Italy. We received almost free health care in France (they hospital collected from our group carrier, but nothing directly from us). So you're wrong. Our citizens receive free care elsewhere.

Likewise, the ACA changes nothing about our health care policies toward undocumented workers. They can't buy health insurance through the exchanges even if they pay full price (which is asinine). A weak attempt to deflect.

So the Republican answer is still, "Don't get sick" (and especially don't be born in Mexico)!
OK, what the hell would all you Republican assholes propose to do for the 50 million or so Americans who are uninsured or under-insured? The only Republican plan I saw would insure 1 million people. What a fucking joke. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

That fact that you wrote this shows that you are misinformed. The GOP forwarded many suggestions to help a market based solution provide healthcare.
Portable Accounts
Insurance across state lines
A subsidized pool for pre-existing conditions
tax credit for HSAs
just to name a few

Ask yourself, if Obama really wanted to help the uninsured then why did he not even consider these ideas. Any rational person has to come to the conclusion that Obama has something other in mind that affordable coverage. In fact, if you back to the beginning it was not about price, it was about coverage. If Obama wanted this to work, why did he give out over 2500 exemptions to unions, companies, and friends?

I, or members of my family, have reviewed free health care in Great Britain, Canada, and Italy. We received almost free health care in France (they hospital collected from our group carrier, but nothing directly from us). So you're wrong. Our citizens receive free care elsewhere.

Likewise, the ACA changes nothing about our health care policies toward undocumented workers. They can't buy health insurance through the exchanges even if they pay full price (which is asinine). A weak attempt to deflect.

So the Republican answer is still, "Don't get sick" (and especially don't be born in Mexico)! Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Did you travel to those countries for the expressed purpose of recieving healthcare???? NO! Then you're talking about something else and have nothing more to add.

imagining someone is talking to you again eh sperm brain?

sounds like you have personal experience with inbreeding in Arkansas ... cross the state line much? Originally Posted by CJ7

Only been to Arkansas once. I visited the Clinton commemorative library and massage parlor. You get a table shower right on the Oval Office desk. I really liked the dancing Monicas.
That fact that you wrote this shows that you are misinformed. The GOP forwarded many suggestions to help a market based solution provide healthcare.
Portable Accounts
Insurance across state lines
A subsidized pool for pre-existing conditions
tax credit for HSAs
just to name a few

Ask yourself, if Obama really wanted to help the uninsured then why did he not even consider these ideas. Any rational person has to come to the conclusion that Obama has something other in mind that affordable coverage. In fact, if you back to the beginning it was not about price, it was about coverage. If Obama wanted this to work, why did he give out over 2500 exemptions to unions, companies, and friends? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
None of those things make insurance affordable to people making minimum wage or near minimum wage. I'm nor sure all of those combined would add 1 million people.

My insurance for my employees costs around $900/Mo. There is no way to make anything approaching even half of that affordable for lower level hourly employees without substantial direct subsidies. And those are most of the un and under-insureds right there.
  • Doove
  • 10-24-2013, 04:21 AM
Why? You have no game. Originally Posted by gnadfly
The more you need to repeat it...
The more you need to repeat it... Originally Posted by Doove
Repeat what, donk?

So the Republican answer is still, "Don't get sick" (and especially don't be born in Mexico)! Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Again, the people I work with in Europe with "free" healthcare buy (and pay for) supplemental health insurance. The "free" healthcare is great if you break an arm, not so great if you need treatment for cancer.

I would contend that your treatment wasn't "free", you just had no out-of-pocket cost. The good people of France and your healthcare insurer picked up the tab. Remember the heat wave in 2003 in France that killed thousands?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_European_heat_wave

The catastrophe occurred in August, a month in which many people, including government ministers and physicians, are on holiday. Many bodies were not claimed for many weeks because relatives were on holiday. A refrigerated warehouse outside Paris was used by undertakers as they did not have enough space in their own facilities. On September 3, 2003, fifty-seven bodies still left unclaimed in the Paris area were buried.
I take it you seldom travel internationally. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Every time I get a headache and need an aspirin. Geezzz.

You are a friggin' walkin' encyclopedia just from your own personal experiences.... anecdotal as they may be.

The alleged 50 million UNINSURED are allegedly unable or unwilling to get insurance AND are not considered "employed" where insurance is offered by the employer. Actually, when the illegal aliens are taken out, along with those who it turns out CAN AFFORD insurance BUT ELECT not to get any, the ESTIMATE falls to around 15 million .. various organizations and the CBO went through that number crunching about 3 years ago ... did you think EVERYONE ELSE had forgotten about it ...or did you not get that memo?

I hadn't gotten this straight ...

.... are you saying you are getting subsidies to help with your companies' (2 of them) premium costs?
Liberals want to make them citizens and have them pay taxes and have healthcare. The conservatives want to hire them pay under the table and pay no taxes .Makes the bottom line look great. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I think there is a bit of truth to your statement. Actually I think behind closed doors they( both sides) know what best for our economy is to keep them illegal, but not enforce the immigration laws so they keep working cheap and there is no shortage of cheap labor. Kinda shitty either way.
Raising the wages of the low- and under-skilled worker would help make it more affordable; which begs the question...

Why do Democrats drive down the wages of working Americans by demanding more immigration, amnesty for illegals, and no enforcement of existing immigration laws ?

None of those things make insurance affordable to people making minimum wage or near minimum wage. I'm nor sure all of those combined would add 1 million people.

My insurance for my employees costs around $900/Mo. There is no way to make anything approaching even half of that affordable for lower level hourly employees without substantial direct subsidies. And those are most of the un and under-insureds right there. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
  • CJ7
  • 10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Raising the wages of the low- and under-skilled worker would help make it more affordable; which begs the question...

Why do Democrats drive down the wages of working Americans by demanding more immigration, amnesty for illegals, and no enforcement of existing immigration laws ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway

quote ONE FACTUAL instance where Dems have driven down wages .. ONE !