Driver Side Door Glass Exploded

Glad you are fine ! Same thing happened to me when I was driving on I-10 near baytown, but it missed the glass, I have one deep scratch on my passenger door. There were no cars in my adjacent lanes, so I was surprised. But I guess it was rock chip thrown from the trailer which was far away from my car, but not sure
it's going to happen again. document everything.

you also need to report it ntsb and/or nhtsa
Minding My Own Business Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
From what I can tell based on my brief time back on the boards, I'm not so sure that Ms. Monroe can "mind her own business,"...and I'm fine with that.
You need to read up on Texas Lemon Law. Originally Posted by pyramider
Don't need to read up on it. Besides all cars nowadays are lemons.

Btw I wasn't concerned about how much the windshield was I was more concerned that it could have been alot worse & being that my car is only 14 days old is a bit scary... But im ok wheew Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
I would not be surprised that your car is in fact a lemon car. Keep an eye on it for suspect problems in the future and keep in contact with the dealership about those problems.

If the service manager doesn't help then fall back to the ole tried and true.......offer to blow him. Originally Posted by likingthekitty
Good old fashion barter and trade.

The window that exploded was my drivers door window Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
They put me in a rental and fixed my windshield Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Btw I wasn't concerned about how much the windshield was Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
So which one was broken the door window or the windshield?
I caught that too .....

...... but feared the throat punch.
@Dorothy - check the VIN # to see if there are any pending recalls.. do some research and see if other people are having this issue...

If this is the first time it happened, could be a fluke, bad glass, etc.. if you were moving the window up or down it is possible it hit a bind and coupled with faulty glass it popped.

Glad you are OK.. but I am sure it scared the bejeebers out of ya
So which one was broken the door window or the windshield? Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
grrrrrr the freaking door glass
grrrrrr the freaking door glass Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
The English language is a muther fucker. At least you got the spelling correct.
The English language is a muther fucker. At least you got the spelling correct. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
I know huh