Tara Reade's walking it back

• oeb11
  • 05-09-2020, 06:51 AM
SR- No - now you are generalizing the debate to trump - when it is about the Sexual harassment hypocrisy regarding Kavanaugh and Biden.

Thank you for the painfully extracted admission that "certain individuals" have demonstrated hypocrisy.

The Democrat hypocrisy is institutional and part of the Democrat program. If trump's actions before he was elected are a n issue - bring up the specifics - not just a generalization. ( although i have doen tht here, I agree).
SR - You oversimplify the issue - which is the unequal response of the left to the accusation against kavanaugh and biden.

Kavanaugh was viciously attacked and blindseded by Sen Feinstein, and vilified as guilty upon accusation by the leftist press.

Biden's accusation has been met with denial and obfuscation by the leftists press -and ignoring the issue, plus Lies that the NYT cleared Biden ( they denied that).

The leftist response is completely different and self-centered and self-protective of Biden - who is deemed innocent upon accuation - very different from the treatment kavanaugh got.

i applaud you for your agreement of the Process of law - Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law - of course kavanaugh never came to that - he was just "Guilty" according to the leftists.

Biden , on the contrare- is simply innocent - with no process needed.
and that , Sir, is the difference, and the hypocrisy of the leftists.

They have decided that the principle of due process and innocent until proven guilty in a court of law - are just anachronisms unnecessary to the promulgation of the Leftists narrative.

That strikes a blow at the core of our Constitution - but the leftists care not for Constitutional Rights - except for when it is their own Rights. Originally Posted by oeb11
In all the discussions on Kavanaugh on this board, I don't remember contributing to a high degree on any of them. Maybe one or two comments. Maybe none. About 18 months before Kavanaugh's confirmation, Neil Gorsuch was confirmed. Very little controversy. People saw problems with the Kavanaugh nomination. More people believed Ford than believed Kavanaugh. More voters did not support his confirmation than supported his confirmation. The polls may have been wroong to some degree, but there was a lot of opposition to Kavanaugh. But that has been covered in the past.

No, Biden is not "simply innocent". I believe he is as innocent as Trump was innocent and Kavanaugh was innocent. All 3 could be guilty as charged but the evidence just is not there.

The one thing I will say is that a candidate for the Supreme Court should be held to a higher standard than a politician, even someone running for POTUS. As much as you support Trump, could you imagine him being nominated to sit on the Supreme Court?
SR- No - now you are generalizing the debate to trump - when it is about the Sexual harassment hypocrisy regarding Kavanaugh and Biden.

Thank you for the painfully extracted admission that "certain individuals" have demonstrated hypocrisy.

The Democrat hypocrisy is institutional and part of the Democrat program. If trump's actions before he was elected are a n issue - bring up the specifics - not just a generalization. ( although i have doen tht here, I agree). Originally Posted by oeb11
Ellen made it clear that she supported Kavanaugh from the beginning. No question he was innocent. However, Biden is guilty. No question about it.

Both sides are hypocritical on political issues. That's the nature of politics.
  • oeb11
  • 05-09-2020, 07:20 AM
SR - "a candidate to the SC should be held to a higher standard than a politician, even someone running for POTUS"

Really - does that excuse the lynch mob behavior of the democrats in the kavanaugh hearings - and the totally different approach to one of their "own" - Biden and his accuser??

Trump for SC - no - i cannot imagine that - I do not think Trump has the qualifications or the judicial mian to be a capable SC justice - and You also know that. Throwing out trump for SC is Deflection from the topic of Democrat Hypocrisy regarding biden's sexual assault complaint by T Reade

is biden innocent or guilty - I do not know - but i feel the Democrats have already absolved him in thier court of public opinion led by the LSM.

America deserves a public hearing on the matter - very much as Kavanaugh was crucified with. However, biden and all accused deserve a proper serious non-political airing of the assault issues.

Democrats don't want that at All!!!
SR - "a candidate to the SC should be held to a higher standard than a politician, even someone running for POTUS"

Really - does that excuse the lynch mob behavior of the democrats in the kavanaugh hearings - and the totally different approach to one of their "own" - Biden and his accuser??

Trump for SC - no - i cannot imagine that - I do not think Trump has the qualifications or the judicial mian to be a capable SC justice - and You also know that. Throwing out trump for SC is Deflection from the topic of Democrat Hypocrisy regarding biden's sexual assault complaint by T Reade

is biden innocent or guilty - I do not know - but i feel the Democrats have already absolved him in thier court of public opinion led by the LSM.

America deserves a public hearing on the matter - very much as Kavanaugh was crucified with. However, biden and all accused deserve a proper serious non-political airing of the assault issues.

Democrats don't want that at All!!! Originally Posted by oeb11
OEB, let me take you back to 2016.

To recap, Garland was nominated to fill the 2016 vacancy on the Supreme Court created by the death that February of Justice Antonin Scalia, an icon of conservative jurisprudence.

President Barack Obama quickly named Merrick Garland, then 63, to fill the seat. Garland had long been considered a prime prospect for the high court, serving as chief judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — a frequent source of justices that is sometimes called the "little Supreme Court."

Widely regarded as a moderate, Garland had been praised in the past by many Republicans, including influential senators such as Orrin Hatch of Utah.

But even before Obama had named Garland, and in fact only hours after Scalia's death was announced, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell declared any appointment by the sitting president to be null and void. He said the next Supreme Court justice should be chosen by the next president — to be elected later that year.

From the White House to your home — political news and analysis that matter, sent weekly.

"Of course," said McConnell, "the American people should have a say in the court's direction. It is a president's constitutional right to nominate a Supreme Court justice, and it is the Senate's constitutional right to act as a check on the president and withhold its consent."

Supreme Court picks have often been controversial. There have been contentious hearings and floor debates and contested votes. But to ignore the nominee entirely, as if no vacancy existed?

There was no precedent for such an action since the period around the Civil War and Reconstruction. No Democratic president had made an appointment while Republicans held the Senate since 1895.

In a speech that August in Kentucky, McConnell would say: "One of my proudest moments was when I looked Barack Obama in the eye and I said, 'Mr. President, you will not fill the Supreme Court vacancy.' "

McConnell was not alone. The 11 Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee signed a letter saying they had no intention of consenting to any nominee from Obama. No proceedings of any kind were held on Garland's appointment.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/29/62446...it-matters-now

So you can focus all you want on the hypocrisy and mistreatment of Kaanaugh. In my opinion, that pales in comparison to the mistreatment by the Republican majority Senate in 2016 to not even allow a vote to be held on a SCOTUS nominee.
So you can focus all you want on the hypocrisy and mistreatment of Kaanaugh. In my opinion, that pales in comparison to the mistreatment by the Republican majority Senate in 2016 to not even allow a vote to be held on a SCOTUS nominee. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Which pales in comparison of the Dems trying to usurp a large segment of the economy by passing Obamacare through Reconciliation and bypassing many Republicans.

And also when the Dems pushed a bullshit impeachment through the House knowing it was a fraud to be shutdown by the Senate.

Yada, Yada, and on and on. Pick your choice of hypocrisy and both sides have participated in it when they are in power.

In the end Elections have consequences and the power associated.

Let this play out as it will with Biden. I think Reade is coming off pretty credible right now and more and more "real" conservations and documents seem to be appearing to bit Biden.
Which pales in comparison of the Dems trying to usurp a large segment of the economy by passing Obamacare through Reconciliation and bypassing many Republicans.

And also when the Dems pushed a bullshit impeachment through the House knowing it was a fraud to be shutdown by the Senate.

Yada, Yada, and on and on. Pick your choice of hypocrisy and both sides have participated in it when they are in power.

In the end Elections have consequences and the power associated.

Let this play out as it will with Biden. I think Reade is coming off pretty credible right now and more and more "real" conservations and documents seem to be appearing to bit Biden. Originally Posted by eccielover
I still think Reade is not his biggest problem. He’s fucking senile and they know it. Maybe a Democrat operative put her up to it. He simply cannot handle the rigors of the office. How that’s not obvious to some people is beyond me. It’s like the Twilight Zone.
you can focus all you want on the hypocrisy and mistreatment of Kaanaugh. In my opinion, that pales in comparison to the mistreatment by the Republican majority Senate in 2016 to not even allow a vote to be held on a SCOTUS nominee. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I agree.. the Kavanaugh shit was made up, BUT it was a tit-for-tat move from the start.. think about it.. the Democrats can't just roll over and allow their candidate to be stymied, no vote taken. they were forced to do SOMETHING.. like the schoolyard Bully who beats the shit out of you.. you know he will bust your ass, but you have to get in a couple of swings, or the next Bully will see you didn't do shit, and he will kick your ass even harder.
I agree.. the Kavanaugh shit was made up, BUT it was a tit-for-tat move from the start.. think about it.. the Democrats can't just roll over and allow their candidate to be stymied, no vote taken. they were forced to do SOMETHING.. like the schoolyard Bully who beats the shit out of you.. you know he will bust your ass, but you have to get in a couple of swings, or the next Bully will see you didn't do shit, and he will kick your ass even harder. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
True, with the recent revelations, Trump is bitchslapping them harder.
...People saw problems with the Kavanaugh nomination. More people believed Ford than believed Kavanaugh. More voters did not support his confirmation than supported his confirmation. The polls may have been wroong to some degree, but there was a lot of opposition to Kavanaugh... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Pardon me. More - believed, problems, opposition?!? That seems nuts-o.
No credible accusation in any shape or form, from nutballs. But it certainly had the media drumming the beat and shrieking fools parroting the lies. The Kavanaugh thing was a totally made up scam.
I still think Reade is not his biggest problem. He’s fucking senile and they know it. Maybe a Democrat operative put her up to it. He simply cannot handle the rigors of the office. How that’s not obvious to some people is beyond me. It’s like the Twilight Zone. Originally Posted by bambino
And yet Biden and Trump seem to be close to even in all polls in battlegrond states. The "problem" does not seem to be a problem with voters. Maybe that will change by November. Probably not.
And yet Biden and Trump seem to be close to even in all polls in battlegrond states. The "problem" does not seem to be a problem with voters. Maybe that will change by November. Probably not. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
If they can keep Biden in his basement, his “problem” won’t be seen by the masses. I’m betting he’s going to have to expose his “problem” sooner or later. I wouldn’t expect the Bernie Bro’s to sit idly by.
And yet Biden and Trump seem to be close to even in all polls .... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Which means Trump is ahead.
If they can keep Biden in his basement, his “problem” won’t be seen by the masses. I’m betting he’s going to have to expose his “problem” sooner or later. I wouldn’t expect the Bernie Bro’s to sit idly by. Originally Posted by bambino
It depends on who he picks as a running mate. If the Dimwits are satisfied they can control the VP once they shit can Biden after the election and inauguration, then they will ride along and support Biden while keeping the 25th amendment as their "Trump" card ... that didn't fly with the real Trump! Biden can resign on a back deal annuity funded by the Chinese and created by the Dimwits ... and his son can get the down payment on the funding in return for sucking the Chinese at their call. The current members of the conspiracy to overthrow Trump and remove him from office will be exonerated and paid to keep their mouths shut ... also funded by the Chinese.
It depends on who is picks as a running mate. If the Dimwits are satisfied they can control the VP once they shit can Biden after the election and inauguration, then they will ride along and support Biden while keeping the 25th amendment as their "Trump" card ... that didn't fly with the real Trump! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Pretty flimsy game plan. But so was Russian Collusion and Impeachment. Stupid is as stupid does.