Texas Football

Just awful.

Im not a fan of Charlie Strong's yet. All the values, discipline, public floggings, dismissals, etc., didn't really seem to toughen them up that much. if anything, they looked more confused as the season progressed.

But these things take time.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt Strong's standing among the Orangebloods if he learned to smile a little bit. Maybe tell a joke or something. There's something eerily Un-fun about the guy. He doesn't look like he's ever having any.

Lighten up and play football, fellas. It's not life and death, just a football game. .that is, unless you suck again next year!
But these things take time. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Oh yeah! The guy isn't a miracle worker and I think he is probably putting more of that tough guy front this year so he is taken seriously ... and that makes sense. You do see him be jubilant and show some teeth when we score thought lol.

On the flip side, I can't wait for us to have a decent season. Feels like eons ago that we had one.
Just awful.

Im not a fan of Charlie Strong's yet. All the values, discipline, public floggings, dismissals, etc., didn't really seem to toughen them up that much. if anything, they looked more confused as the season progressed.

But these things take time.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt Strong's standing among the Orangebloods if he learned to smile a little bit. Maybe tell a joke or something. There's something eerily Un-fun about the guy. He doesn't look like he's ever having any.

Lighten up and play football, fellas. It's not life and death, just a football game. .that is, unless you suck again next year! [that's the smartest thing you have said in years] Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
If you aren't a fan of Charlie Strong, then I am!!!

He sez all the right things, but let's face it - if the team wins, he's a fucking genius, if they lose, he's a goner.
Swopes is simply not a major college QB..and who recruited him? He is emblematic of the Mack Brown era. ( Luck runs Out) Strong took over a program that was a disaster ( they believed their own bullshit on the bullshit longhorn channel) . It will take three years to change the culture back to being a tough football culture from the entitled finesse culture of Mack Brown. Strong will bring in players to build a tough team and bring in difference makers from FL..It is as if Texas has just started a football program from scratch
Yes, but the good 'ole boys that actually run the program in the background have never given anyone 3 years to do anything. If there's not significant improvement next year, and by that I mean a 10-win season, old Charlie will likely be out on his ass.