Caution to Google Map Users

Read my signature thread...I specifically mentioned this for this very reason
HOLY SHIT. thanks dude. !!
If they know enough to be able to track your movements on your phone, turning the phone off/turning tracking/location services off when you're playing will in itself cause red flags, as will deleting specific days of history with tell tale signs. Now you're showing gaps in your activity. "So what were you doing/where were you/why did you need to turn it off". All questions I would ask if the shoe were on the other foot. Dead battery can only explain so much. Still trying to work out how to avoid this aspect, too, without having to leave the phone at work or something like that. Time is difficult enough to free up anyway.
Which is why you disable all tracking.
WTF. I received an email from Google today with my recent location history. I only viewed my location history but did not opt into any notifications or reports. BE CAREFUL

Your March in review

Your timeline in Google Maps helps you curate the places you've been. Look back on the past month and reminisce about recent trips and past places.

(INSERT YOUR HISTORY HERE)

You received this email because you opted-in to Location History with this Google Account and you viewed your timeline on Google Maps. If you don't want to receive monthly summaries about your timeline, unsubscribe here.
That is why I use the good old fashion - non tech simple to use somewhat (one has to pull over and unfold the map), paper mapsco.
Just make sure you don't put an X or some identifying mark to give away where you are going on the map incriminate yourself. But if you put X and SO finds the map, just tell her it is treasure map for hidden gold. X marks the spot.

Tech these days now have too many tracking options. You probably can disable it or at least I hope so.
That is why I use the good old fashion - non tech simple to use somewhat (one has to pull over and unfold the map), paper mapsco.
Just make sure you don't put an X or some identifying mark to give away where you are going on the map incriminate yourself. But if you put X and SO finds the map, just tell her it is treasure map for hidden gold. X marks the spot.

Tech these days now have too many tracking options. You probably can disable it or at least I hope so. Originally Posted by pairofhearts33
Tech doesn't prove that you paid for sex. Putting an X on a map doesn't either. You're doing shit the hard way. I don't even know why they still make paper maps.

You probably have a rotary cell phone too, eh?
Google and Facebook are incredibly invasive. Wait until 5G broadband rolls out. Possibilities expand exponentially. As they acquire more companies and integrate them, privacy will be more and more difficult to maintain. Facial recognition? They own nest... home automation including cams. The driver is marketing revenue. They use all their products and services to link data and paint a picture of your life so they can sell it to marketers and retailers. Hint... Gmail, maps, search, voice, etc... ain't free. Gibbs Rule... Flip phone!