President Biden Would Ban all Semi-Automatic firearms

Speculation: I don't believe that the writers of the Bill of Rights intended for their words to be circumvented by lawyerly redefinitions sand interpretation into something else.

The violations of the First Amendment during the pandemic hysteria were disturbing. Keeping strip clubs and liquor stores open while forbidding church goers to peacefully assemble and worship were intellectually jaring to me. Alarming actually.
I disagree about what "absolute" means.

ab·so·lute
/ˈabsəˌlo͞ot,ˌabsəˈlo͞ot/

1.not qualified or diminished in any way; total.
"absolute secrecy"

As stated by Scalia, the 2nd Amendment is not limitless, or absolute. But if you want to interpret the word differently I am not going to argue with you. The fact is the 2nd Amendment does not give total freedom to people to carry arms. The right to bear arms can be, and is, restricted. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You still don't get it. The Constitution isn't for the citizens to abide by, it's for Government to abide by. Now with that being said think about all the stupid shit you've been posting and maybe you'll catch on.
its not restricted. its regulated. theres a difference.
its not restricted. its regulated. theres a difference. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Regulated? I could go with that. There are some things the average citizen wouldn't benefit from having for instance a bazooka. Small Arms such as shot Guns, Semi Auto Pistols, Revolvers and Rifles are suitable for the Civilian Population for Sport and Self Defense. But let's face it Liberals would like see these weapons removed from the hands of Law Abiding Citizens if they could.
After guns are banned, it will be knives.

n England (no guns) knives are "regulated" so strictly that it is illegal to carry in public just about any object that is pointed or has an edge.

This British way of thinking is why we have a Bill of Rights in the first place.
I wouldn't worry too much about most bans in this country unless I'm at the airport or in a federal building... trying to ban guns is a waste of time to keep them off the streets. It's like trying to make paying for pussy illegal, yet here we are. Certain things are just easy to get regardless and if people want certain goods or services, they just don't give a fuck about the risk.
I would have no idea how/where to buy an illegal firearm. Your statement might be true for a gang-banger, but I doubt most people could get a gun anywhere but a gun shop.
I think some folks get confused about the Th Constitution and Second Amendment.

The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, via the Second Amendment, does not give citizens the right to " . . . keep and bear arms. . ." In the eyes of the framers, we all are borne with that right (and many others). The Second Amendment explicitly prohibits and forbids government from "infringing" on those rights.
I would have no idea how/where to buy an illegal firearm. Your statement might be true for a gang-banger, but I doubt most people could get a gun anywhere but a gun shop. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Thank God for the naive: If you can't figure that out, I for one, will not tell you.
I wouldn't worry too much about most bans in this country unless I'm at the airport or in a federal building... trying to ban guns is a waste of time to keep them off the streets. It's like trying to make paying for pussy illegal, yet here we are. Certain things are just easy to get regardless and if people want certain goods or services, they just don't give a fuck about the risk. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

When goods or services are heavily taxed or regulated . . .or banned, a black market will always emerge. This is an economic fact of life.
Thank God for the naive: If you can't figure that out, I for one, will not tell you. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Yeah, I could do nothing but laugh at jac's post, so I just left it alone. I don't know where what state Naiveville is in this country, but I've never had the pleasure of vising such a lovely and crime free town.

The next thing he may post is that you can only pay to fuck hookers at legal brothels in Nevada unless you are living some gangsta thug life. LOL

When goods or services are heavily taxed or regulated . . .or banned, a black market will always emerge. This is an economic fact of life. Originally Posted by ICU 812
100% correct - supply and demand; that's basic economics. That's why they're one of the first things you are taught on the "LX" curve if you take Econ 101.
You still don't get it. The Constitution isn't for the citizens to abide by, it's for Government to abide by. Now with that being said think about all the stupid shit you've been posting and maybe you'll catch on. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Everything I've posted in this thread is 100% accurate.
I think some folks get confused about the Th Constitution and Second Amendment.

The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, via the Second Amendment, does not give citizens the right to " . . . keep and bear arms. . ." In the eyes of the framers, we all are borne with that right (and many others). The Second Amendment explicitly prohibits and forbids government from "infringing" on those rights. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Yet the government does infringe on those rights and the courts, up to and including SCOTUS, support those infringements.
Everything I've posted in this thread is 100% accurate. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
You don't know shit.
You don't know shit. Originally Posted by Levianon17