It’s a sad day in America. North Carolina’s Amendment One has passed

Don't worry about these laws, laws to make only your culture legal never hold and they drift away.
The big bonus is you get to identify the morons around you for later AND this kind of thing gets them all riled up and keeps them busy.

Nobody productive gets involved with this shit unless it's the product they're selling.

Cliff notes:

Don't worry, and let them play with soon to be embarassing laws.
Don't worry about these laws, laws to make only your culture legal never hold and they drift away.
The big bonus is you get to identify the morons around you for later AND this kind of thing gets them all riled up and keeps them busy.

Nobody productive gets involved with this shit unless it's the product they're selling.

Cliff notes:

Don't worry, and let them play with soon to be embarassing laws. Originally Posted by jackbeingbad
Jackbeingignorant, are you suggesting this North Carolina law is like OdumboCare, and that North Carolina legislators will soon imitate current, embarrassed, Dimocrat congressmen who are trying to disown and put distance between themselves and Odumbocare in an election year?
by bho supporting this issue, he has lost a lot of the Spanish vote since most of them are Catholics per CBS evening news tonight

bho is pissing everybody off except fastcum
I can't wait 'till they make it illegal for different races to marry. Which state do you think will be the first to take us back to the good ole days boardman? Mississppi or Texas? Originally Posted by WTF
Georgia
I thought there were several states, after the Civil War, that had such laws.
so civil unions (as posted) are not legal either? Is that true? How do they define civil union? If I decide to get into contracts with another partner (whoever that is) for whatever reason, how can they make it "illegal". It`s my problem who I put in my will or insurance or house benefits, right? Originally Posted by ninasastri

I signed a petition to help support the repeal of Amendment 1 in North Carolina. You should get involved as well. The reason I say this is that gay marriage was already illegal in that state prior to Amendment 1. This was a vindictive continuation on the war on women because the broadly termed law takes away ALL PROTECTIONS for heterosexual couples who are not married but living together such as common law couples, it directly affects the children of these non married couples who had insurance coverage for them as well as their significant others, it also takes away all protections of domestic violence from these couples. The broadly worded law was in reality made to hit current couples living together unwedded. Again this was more than just going after gay couples this was to go after the women and children who are in relationships living together unwed. In other words the people who pushed this law through did so because their agenda is religious in nature and are putting pressure on these unwedded couples to marry according to their beliefs. Please get involved sign the petitions to repeal Amendment 1.
Fuck the women....I ain't signing that...........free at last.......free at last
Oh Olivia I am so disappointed. Didn't you know that the R ward is not longer acceptable and you used it... you now have to apologize and grovel. Not my rules but the new rules of civil debate. Sorry.

You know you can complain all you want, and throw out ridiculous charges (Nazi???) but you will have to admit that the people of any state have a right to pass any law they want. They could pass a constutitional amendment that everyone has to wear a clown nose and it is legal as long as EVERYONE is subject to the law equally and doesn't go against anyone's religious beliefs. The people have spoken in this state and so many others. Gay marriage does not win if the people have a say. It is not hatred, it is standards. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Sit down and have a sip of your famous tea kook-aid, don't be so droll, I referred to myself as a grammar Nazi; the grammar in the OP is IMPORTANT. Read my friend, read and comprehend. What I said was that State capitalized means nations state as in the United States of America or any other sovereign nation/State; state not capitalized means a state within a sovereign nation. The difference is huge. If you had read what I wrote you would see that I said that a state cannot dictate to the State (even through a state’s constitution via amendment). The OP was trying to correlate a national theocracy with one state trying to narrow the scope of what marriage is. Shit doesn’t roll up hill not even your bullshit.

Of course the Jim Crow laws were passed by democrats. Lets not forget their history. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
We've been through this. (http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...1&postcount=38) They were Southern Democrats not the real Democrats. Your history is flawed; I can only assume on purpose.

JD, you ever hear of the Spider Hole??

Cliff notes:

Don't worry, and let them play with soon to be embarassing laws. Originally Posted by jackbeingbad

Plus 1,000. The only unfortunate thing is while the Republicans are playing with fire that doesn’t really burn, the Democrats are running amuck, and neither side is corroborating on really important matters. They haven’t since the Clinton administration, and the gulf keeps growing wider.
Thought some of you would get a kick out of Foamy the Squirrels out look on gay marriage..

http://youtu.be/9KLMYaF_Xa8

Plus 1,000. The only unfortunate thing is while the Republicans are playing with fire that doesn’t really burn, the Democrats are running amuck, and neither side is corroborating on really important matters. They haven’t since the Clinton administration, and the gulf keeps growing wider. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Agreeed...agreed..
It's a fucking distraction from the real issues.
It's a fucking distraction from the real issues. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Sadly that is true.. but we cannot sit idly by and do nothing and allow these fanatics to change the laws and discriminate against people or set laws that are intrusive into peoples lives. So yes, distraction but we still have to take a stand and stop it.
Jackbeingignorant, are you suggesting this North Carolina law is like OdumboCare, and that North Carolina legislators will soon imitate current, embarrassed, Dimocrat congressmen who are trying to disown and put distance between themselves and Odumbocare in an election year? Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Is this really how you think making a point is done? You do know that this board is for adults and most providers won't deal with 15 year olds?

You can now go back to your obviously highly skilled workplace and dazzle them with your skill.

LOL
Is this really how you think making a point is done? You do know that this board is for adults and most providers won't deal with 15 year olds?

You can now go back to your obviously highly skilled workplace and dazzle them with your skill.

LOL Originally Posted by jackbeingbad
What you posted was in no manner superior. If you think otherwise, you are a moron, jackbeingignorant.