Dive bar - easy women...

Chauncey's was never a dive bar in my opinion, but dude is looking for dive bars.

There used to be a great dive bar in Cranberry called Marty's Suburban. 25 years ago I worked 11-7 and would go there after work...and get absolutely smashed by noon lol
...but that's not Pittsburgh proper.

Let's see - there's a dive bar in McKees Rocks (no seriously lol) called Michael's Lounge. Great wings, cheap beer and always a few hoodrats smoking cigs at the bar. Tucked away on a side street. Pretty cool place actually.

Also, the Obey House (pronounced oh-bee) Tavern on stueben street in Crafton Heights. Good food too.

I also found this on the interwebz - I'm pretty sure a couple of them didn't make it through the pandemic (Hambones is no longer open) but this is a good starting point for the local dive bar scene

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/pitt...-in-pittsburgh

Take a pack of newports with you and you'll be an instant hit with the hoodrats ;-) Originally Posted by yinzerpgh

+1

Good intel and link! Let's hope the OP will follow up on all these locations and report back to us.

Btw - bambino's profile says he lives in a dive bar. Which one? If so, he should be an authority on this topic.
Thanks! I really do appreciate all the advice! Kids are away for a while, time to play!
Most of the replies in this thread are very rapey. . Sadly, I Can’t say I’m shocked.

Good luck WhereTogo!
Martys is definately dive bar material, but the OP would have good luck in any bar in divorce court alley (wexford and North). I miss Chaunceys. There was another good place in the strip, but dont remember the name now. Speaking of, if you have the right look, any club in South Side (not dive bar) has good action for "distinguished with means."
  • Typo
  • 05-21-2021, 08:30 PM
Most of the replies in this thread are very rapey. . Sadly, I Can’t say I’m shocked. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
Rapey?
Most of the replies in this thread are very rapey. Sadly, I Can’t say I’m shocked. Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl
Huh? What does that mean? This thread is about meeting women in bars, not rape. Not even close. Nobody here has hinted at anything other than 100% consensual sex. And experienced guys know when all is said and done the girl picks you up, not vice versa.

Please try to lighten up. Unless you're trying to get pointed.
How rich and possibly European do I have to look to qualify for "distinguished with means"?
How rich and possibly European do I have to look to qualify for "distinguished with means"? Originally Posted by AMPluvr
Think Tony Curtis in "Some Like It Hot" (when he wasn't dressed in drag) lol...

Think Tony Curtis in "Some Like It Hot" (when he wasn't dressed in drag) lol... Originally Posted by lustylad
Be right back, taking my scrub ass to pick up an ascot, double breasted suit, and an S-Class.
Be right back, taking my scrub ass to pick up an ascot, double breasted suit, and an S-Class. Originally Posted by AMPluvr
There ya go... Marilyn will find you irresistible!

Martys is definately dive bar material, but the OP would have good luck in any bar in divorce court alley (wexford and North). I miss Chaunceys. There was another good place in the strip, but dont remember the name now. Speaking of, if you have the right look, any club in South Side (not dive bar) has good action for "distinguished with means." Originally Posted by blkstocking
- Man I killed a million brain cells in Marty's. Good to see that it hasn't forgotten it's roots when the Cranberry boom hit.
- divorce court alley! That's a great term! There used to be Billy's Roadhouse ticked away in a side street of Wexford. They had great wings and a pretty extensive martini list. Not a very big place, but it was an awesome bar.

- Donzi's was on the river in the strip district...like literally on a dock in the river. I never went coz I wasn't fancy enough lol
Huh? What does that mean? This thread is about meeting women in bars, not rape. Not even close. Nobody here has hinted at anything other than 100% consensual sex. And experienced guys know when all is said and done the girl picks you up, not vice versa.

Please try to lighten up. Unless you're trying to get pointed. Originally Posted by lustylad
Pointed? For what sir, lol. It seems it is you that needs to lighten up.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Pointed? For what sir, lol. It seems it is you that needs to lighten up.

Hope everyone is having a great day! Originally Posted by Dreamgurrl

For insinuating all men are rapists. If that's not pointable, it should be.

I'm the guy trying to keep this thread light and helpful. If you have a funny, non-rapey bar pick-up story, feel free to share it.
Chauncey's was the spot. Sit at the bar sipping some bourbon and the milfs just came to me. Guess they call them cougars now. My 25 year old buddies teased me but I woke up to a hot breakfast and washed and ironed clothes most Sunday mornings for an all in cost of cover + my first drink.
For insinuating all men are rapists. If that's not pointable, it should be.

I'm the guy trying to keep this thread light and helpful. If you have a funny, non-rapey bar pick-up story, feel free to share it. Originally Posted by lustylad
I did no such thing. I said “most of the replies”

Why do you feel so targeted? Lol