Your hobby phone is not enough.

Plus going the USB route, you can use an Ironkey USB drive. Originally Posted by daratu1
I love my IronKey!!!
There are some great ideas on here.

I would suggest two USB drives.

On USB Drive #1 install a bootable Ubuntu distro.
On USB drive #2 - install TruCrypt

Boot your laptop off USB Drive #1 and use USB Drive #2 for file storage / photos.

You can easily ditch drives when needed and is a lot easier to loose than a laptop. Also, be careful of laptops registered in your name...they can be tracked back to you pretty easy.

Tor is a great surfing tool, just remember though...no personal information ever! The end hop on a TOR server can be sniffed, and many "neat" stuff can become revealed.
also, always be careful when taking photos, many people use smart phones that put the location of the picture in the metadata. Here is a good site to check if your photos have revealing metadata info on them: http://regex.info/exif.cgi/
Off the top of my head...
. Hubby is bad !
. I would expect the hubby had access to the booted system, which would render the encryption of the harddrive useless. (he can copy the contents to a flashdrive or portable usb drive)
. Authorities did not request the email provider for a copy of all emails?
. Similar on the request of phone records? Originally Posted by thx
Now there are protections that no one can copy as well as even if HDD is taken cannot be decoded. I work in such an Establishment where all this is needed. I am just a user not an expert at present.