It's not midnight yet.

his dreams

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
You got that right, bubba!

See? Right does mean correct.
  • WTF
  • 09-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

So should we get rid of the 6th amendment ?

Or anyone who uses it is guilty?
So should we get rid of the 6th amendment ?

Or anyone who uses it is guilty? Originally Posted by WTF
shut up fucktard.

so if they plead the 5th theyre automatically guilty?? Originally Posted by southtown4488
Well yeah kinda. People who have done nothing wrong have no need to invoke the Fifth Amendment. Its that whole "self incrimination" part of the Fifth Amendment. Innocent people can't incriminate themselves for crimes they did not commit. Guilty people on the other hand do not enjoy that same luxury, and thus can avail themselves of the protection against self incrimination.

Seriously, did any of you liberals make it through a simple civics class?
The right belongs to individual. It can't be used to protect another. I'd say give some of them immunity, and go after the big targets. The Fifth Amendment does not apply and can't be invoked if the person testifying is in no danger of being prosecuted from the subject matter of the testimony.
  • WTF
  • 09-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Well yeah kinda. People who have done nothing wrong have no need to invoke the Fifth Amendment. Its that whole "self incrimination" part of the Fifth Amendment. Innocent people can't incriminate themselves for crimes they did not commit. Guilty people on the other hand do not enjoy that same luxury, and thus can avail themselves of the protection against self incrimination.

Seriously, did any of you liberals make it through a simple civics class? Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Under that thinking...no one innocent would ever be convicted of a crime if they did not invoke the 5th amendment. You are not living in reality in this regard.

Bush was convicted of war crimes ...he somewhat invoked the 5th by not showing up...yet he was convicted. Should he have shown up and testified?

Seriously, did any of you liberals make it through a simple civics class? Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
That's like saying those who have nothing to hide shouldn't mind the government being able to see everything they do. It's the principle.
Under that thinking...no one innocent would ever be convicted of a crime if they did not invoke the 5th amendment. You are not living in reality in this regard.

Bush was convicted of war crimes ...he somewhat invoked the 5th by not showing up...yet he was convicted. Should he have shown up and testified?

. Originally Posted by WTF
You just failed basic high school US Gov't class.

That's like saying those who have nothing to hide shouldn't mind the government being able to see everything they do. It's the principle. Originally Posted by WombRaider
So did you.

The right belongs to individual. It can't be used to protect another. I'd say give some of them immunity, and go after the big targets. The Fifth Amendment does not apply and can't be invoked if the person testifying is in no danger of being prosecuted from the subject matter of the testimony. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
As usual, COG is spot on.

So did you.

As usual, COG is spot on. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
You didn't understand my point. I'm too fucking tired to remake it.
  • WTF
  • 09-04-2015, 08:39 AM

So did you.

As usual, COG is spot on. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh

COG is spot on but that has nothing to do with your analysis that a person who invokes the 5th amendment is guilty. That is idiotic beyond comparison. I do not know what Hillbilly Civics class you took...sounds like a homeschooled Tea wacked out one though.

COG will tell you the same thing.

What he said in case it confused you was that if they are trying to get to bigger fish they (the government) can give immunity and then you are not protected by the 5th amendment.

What you ignorant ass does not understand is that we have so fucking many laws in this country without government immunity they can get you on the stand and fuck your world up without immunity. Watch one of the videos in the below link...it will give you some clarity why talking when the government is after you is a bad idea.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=never+s...1d69f89ac7c53e

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the 5th amendment. Invoking the 5th is NOT an admission of guilt, a judge will always instruct a jury to not take it as such.
You're dreaming now, you just don't know it. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Just like YOU'RE dreaming of some ATM by Big Sir later !!! Gotta "refresh" the crust on those brown sheets, hey woomby !!!!!
  • DSK
  • 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM
COG is spot on but that has nothing to do with your analysis that a person who invokes the 5th amendment is guilty. That is idiotic beyond comparison. I do not know what Hillbilly Civics class you took...sounds like a homeschooled Tea wacked out one though.

What he said in case it confused you was that if they are trying to get to bigger fish they (the government) can give immunity and then you are not protected by the 5th amendment.

What you ignorant ass does not understand is that we have so fucking many laws in this country without government immunity they can get you on the stand and fuck your world up without immunity. Watch one of the videos in the below link...it will give you some clarity why talking when the government is after you is a bad idea.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=never+s...1d69f89ac7c53e Originally Posted by WTF
Ironically, and as a fellow racist I think you will appreciate this, a black guy once gave me the greatest rationale ever for not testifying or talking to the police. He said, "Ain't no tellin' how many loose ends I got out there!"

http://www.bing.com/search?q=never+s...1d69f89ac7c53e Originally Posted by WTF

No, I wouldn't tell her the same thing. First, unlike you, I respect her and would not speak to her that way. Second, while many who invoke the Fifth are not guilty, many are. And that's ok. The government should not be able to collect evidence from you to use against you. I support that. But I would grant immunity to the minor players to get the big ones. The minor players are likely guilty of aiding, we need the real perps, like Hillary.