License plate reading (LPR) cameras

Are they using the thumb scanners yet for id?
But your dissertation was in reply to my comment about private readers.

I personnaly think you just get up way too fuckin early. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
I probably "hit the sack" earlier than you do .... but I do realize you have more reviews than I do, which undoubtedly makes you smarter.....because you get more sleep.

.. the thread OP is about LE reading license plates, not a parking garage reading an EZ tag. The information available to LE through the officer's mobile data unit is far more extensive based on a multiple data base than a parking garage. "Apples and Oranges"!

My "TranStar" traffic map ap is not EZ Tag driven, otherwise it would not report the level of data that is typically provided for traffic flow throughout the Houston metro area ... and beyond in which a lot of folks don't have EZ tag ..

http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/cctv/transtar/
LL never wants to admit his errors.
He still hasn't made one yet.
Texas has one of the most liberal Freedom of Information laws and what data is available simply by request.

There are websites that you can subscribe to and get more data about anyone. From my phone I can run a license plate, home address, business address and tell you who owns the car, etc.

I always tell providers that visit my office to park elsewhere and walk or take cab from nearby location (I will reimburse reasonable amounts). When they tell me to park by "their"(?) car that such details should not be provided because they can then be unmasked, stalked, etc.

And for those asking I will not provide websites I subscribe to...that is why Al Gore invented the Internet. I use it mostly for looking up people (and their family members) my kids are dating....or those I also decide to date (not hobby).

Play safe (and nice)!
Texas has one of the most liberal Freedom of Information laws and what data is available simply by request...... Originally Posted by TrueGentleman1
This is true.

For a few years, you could look up the floor plans of newer homes right on the tax sites. They took that down a few years ago. But if the county has that data, you can still walk in and obtain the information just usually for a printing fee.

Still today, boat TX number registration data is on line for instant free access.
Still today, boat TX number registration data is on line for instant free access. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
"The Problem" is that particularly along the coast 30-40% of the watercraft actually wet are not operated by the person named on the paperwork with the State. So it's not reliable.... just like motor vehicle LP #'s.
"The Problem" is that particularly along the coast 30-40% of the watercraft actually wet are not operated by the person named on the paperwork with the State. So it's not reliable.... just like motor vehicle LP #'s. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Wow......so you're saying that out of me and nine of my friends,...that four of them are are using someone else's boat?

home owners association in Sugar Land was investigating about having them at gated communities, with an auto dial to cops if the license pops. The cops were not for that, figuring they would be running all over Sugar Land.

I believe it is a service offering by private companies to police, the police pick the level that they want to be alerted on when they scan the plates, warrants, felony, stolen are what Sugar Land subscribe to or did.

The company that provides Sugar Land was testing/implementing face recognition software that could work with a profile image.
Wow......so you're saying that out of me and nine of my friends,...that four of them are are using someone else's boat?

Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
No. Now, I didn't post that did I?

Of course, I don't know you and the "NINE" personally. An estimate is that about the same percentage of motor vehicles being driven in the Houston metro area are not driven by the "record owner"!

In addition the "address" listed (just like on a lot of driver's licenses) on a lot of them is incorrect in so far as the "location" where the "owner" actually lives and/or the car is sitting when not driven.

I'm not sure where you get your bullshit .... out of your ass?

Your Bullshit: All motor vehicles and water craft are possessed and operated by the person listed on the state paper work!
The cops were not for that, figuring they would be running all over Sugar Land..... Originally Posted by live4fun
Any "data base" is not better than the entry personnel and the data they are provided.

Here's another example: At least a couple of years ago (unless the legislature has changed it .. and I've not looked) .... semi tractors could get "temporary" registration and plates issued by A COUNTY on the basis of a power of attorney or unrecorded "bill of sale" even though the vehicle was registered in another state ... and the Department of Motor Vehicle had NO ACCESS TO THE RECORDS. The registration could be "renewed" for the tags and the operator could go to any of the 250+ counties in the state to get another tag issued and the counties had no way to cross-check.

Anybody who actually "thinks" that all motor vehicles are being driven and possessed by the same person listed in the records of the Department of Motor Vehicle is delusional or simply doesn't know and is bullshitting...like Global.
LL never wants to admit his errors. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Are you going to admit yours?

Put another "funny" little cartoon on your answer!
Any "data base" is not better than the entry personnel and the data they are provided.

Here's another example: At least a couple of years ago (unless the legislature has changed it .. and I've not looked) .... semi tractors could get "temporary" registration and plates issued by A COUNTY on the basis of a power of attorney or unrecorded "bill of sale" even though the vehicle was registered in another state ... and the Department of Motor Vehicle had NO ACCESS TO THE RECORDS. The registration could be "renewed" for the tags and the operator could go to any of the 250+ counties in the state to get another tag issued and the counties had no way to cross-check. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Just looked it up to verify it's still "in play" ... it is.

County issues temp permits, with paper tags!
Anybody who actually "thinks" that all motor vehicles are being driven and possessed by the same person listed in the records of the Department of Motor Vehicle is delusional or simply doesn't know and is bullshitting...like Global. Originally Posted by LexusLover
there you are with your extremes again. I never said all. I'm just saying you are exaggerating....especially about male drivers and especially about the boats. You have no fucking idea of the actual numbers.