"Affluenza Teen" in Custody.. What Should His Punishment Be?

Dang THN, I'd forget about a lot of that little shit and his sickness if you were sitting on my face again.
So because his probation is in the Juvenile courts he could possible.only serve a couple.of months before getting out....but his mother can face up to two years because she aided him.

Boy oh boy is our system skewed....it takes BS like this to shed a light on what poor people have been crying about
  • L.A.
  • 12-30-2015, 07:05 AM
What he deserves is not what he will get. The Star-Telegram had an article on him this morning.
It stated that any punishment would be limited to the terms of the probation he received in juvenile court.
For this probation violation the worst that could happen is that he's transferred to the adult probation court and could spend 120 days in jail and then be under the adult probation system for the remaining 8 years.

The DA said that once under the adult probation system that if he violates his probation that she would file to have his probation revoked and that he could be sentenced to 10 years in prison on each of his 4 intoxication manslaughter cases. The DA would also try to get those sentences stacked instead of concurrent so he could get a 40 year sentence.

So the bad news is that he won't really do any time for this violation. The good news is that once he's under adult probation he has 8 years to not violate the terms of the probation. I don't think the odds are in that dumbass's favor and he'll be sent to prison sooner or later.

This whole thing happened not far from where I live (like 3 miles). My family as well as dang near the whole town has ties with at least one of the victims so all of this really hits hard.
this Couch Punk is getting my Goat..

he and Mom throw a party before they ditch to Mexico.. none of those party people gave any information to the Police.. I have to think someone knew they were headed to Puerto Vallarta.

he and Mom stay at a luxury hotel, before claiming smaller digs to avoid LE.. she cuts her hair short, he dyes his hair.. drove their car into Mexico so plane travel couldn't be traced.. give fake names to Mexican Cops when apprehended.. busted after US officials trace the location of Ethan's cell phone, after he orders a Domino's Pizza to be sent to his room.

this dude may only get 4 months in jail, but I can't imagine him staying clean for 8 years of probation.. in fact, I can imagine there will be people trying to set him up to fail the terms of his probation..
Karma is a bitch... I'd be willing to bet that this little douchebag is in the wrong place at the wrong time before you know it
I cannot believe affluenza was even a legitimate defense that someone could remotely believe. Of course he didn't think his actions had any consequence. Most teens don't (a lot if adults don't either). Why did that entitle him to a get out of jail free card? That just emphasised that his actions had no consequence.

Throw the little fucker in jail for killing 4 people and fleeing the country. Let him learn that actions have consequence. Isn't that the point of the legal system?
Damn!

I'm trying to imagine the mother's thinking. It's so far removed from what I would do, I can't wrap my head around it!!

He killed and injured people and needs to feel remorse. He should have their pictures, maybe not on the refrigerator, but at least in a book he looks at before bed when he prays.

(He should pray for their departed souls and their families. Maybe pick a different specific family each night. He should pray for forgiveness and also express his gratitude for his life and freedom).

I would emphasize to him how LUCKY he is to not be in jail! and that he should do anything and everything to stay out.

first~~Of course stop drinking!!! besides the fact that he's still underage to drink, drinking is what killed and injured those folks.

second~~Be proactive in checking in with the Parole Officer. It you're supposed to call at 9:00 and get his voice mail, follow up with an email stating "I called at 9:00 but got your voice mail. Just checking in." and document every phone call and email in a notebook.

How about some community service?? something to counteract the affluenza.

How about Alcoholics Anonymous or counseling?

Church, a job or school, some type of physical activities~~ running, biking, kick boxing. He looks like he needs a fitness program and probably a diet reinvention, but a physical activity will de-stress him and use some of his extra time productively. It will help clear his mind. His head is in a fog.

Even after all of this, if I had a son who decided to drink, and was afraid the video would cause his probation to be revoked, then I would let him suffer the consequences. (finally). Tough love.

I would not get MYSELF involved in this illegal fleeing mess!!

She's old enough to know they can't become different people for the rest of their lives without even fake I.D!

(and what the hell, maintain their same cell phone contracts??? Hell, even we in the hobby world know about burner phones. Have they never watched an episode of "Breaking Bad"?)
Sadly, I believe that his family is a major part of his problem. She needs help and much as he does
Revoke his probation and put him in a cell with a big hairy guy named Tiny. Originally Posted by Tx Noob
LMAO. That's too funny!!!
I just had a weird thought.. Puerto Vallarta has a legal red-light area, and it's been a few years, but..

that little fucker may have enjoyed the same woman as me! LOL
Every time I hear the term 'affluenza teen' I think maybe they should send him to the hospital to get it checked out. Is it contagious?
Revoke his probation and put him in a cell with a big hairy guy named Tiny. Originally Posted by Tx Noob
The implication here... Quality stuff.

Edit: oh look, not the only one. Casual rape jokes tho ritebro?!
I just had a weird thought.. Puerto Vallarta has a legal red-light area, and it's been a few years, but..

that little fucker may have enjoyed the same woman as me! LOL Originally Posted by Chung Tran

I can only hope the little turd's pecker falls off ...not CT's.
For this probation violation the worst that could happen is that he's transferred to the adult probation court and could spend 120 days in jail and then be under the adult probation system for the remaining 8 years.

The DA said that once under the adult probation system that if he violates his probation that she would file to have his probation revoked and that he could be sentenced to 10 years in prison on each of his 4 intoxication manslaughter cases. The DA would also try to get those sentences stacked instead of concurrent so he could get a 40 year sentence. Originally Posted by L.A.
This is what I have read as well. He had 4 10-year sentences to run concurrently, probated. If moved to adult court, AND he violates these then the sentences can be stacked, not run concurrently. Also unknown (to me) are there additional charges for violating parole.

So my take is he may face 120 days and then, only then, even if transferred to adult court, if he keeps his nose clean he is scot-free in 8 years. If not, the full penalty of 4 sentences can be stacked.
Never got his "Affluenza Defense." No offense to the folks out there but weren't they out of some trailer park in Burleson?
That's a hell of a public defender. Maybe they had some Swiss accounts. No idea.

ps who goes to all of that to go on the lam for beer pong? Mommy's got a screw loose. Ten in Terrell for her anybody?