I always think about the speeding ticket when I'm going to a session ,,,,,,,
  • grean
  • 02-09-2018, 09:06 AM
DONT PAY THE FINE!

1) get a lawer
2) defensive driving class
3) deferred adjudication

All of these are better and cheaper options. Originally Posted by Ravasher

And this keeps it off your driving record.
So a little while earlier I am getting off the highway to head to my incall location ... I just lost out on a 90-minute call. Originally Posted by Carmella_love69
So you had a NCNS and no mention of what you did to make it up to the gent?

Maybe this threAD is just cover for blowing off a trick?
So you had a NCNS and no mention of what you did to make it up to the gent?

Maybe this threAD is just cover for blowing off a trick? Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
If 25 minutes makes you late, perhaps you should plan to leave to give you more time for issues.
We all know cops and tickets are arbitrary. Something nickpicking like this was because 1) he was having a bad day and you were there, 2) he needed to meet his quoto. I have seen cops ignore obvious more serious infractions and pick at small ones.
I did use my turn signal before i made the turn i guess it was 80 feet that then 100 smh. But no i wasnt being harrassed or he didnt wanna check my car or anything.... He just was a ass. My window is a lil tinted ( legal tinted) maybe he just wanted to see who was in the car.
Yea for sure. I was used for quota lmao
...there was a wreck on 75 this morning that made me late for work. So What?

You also said you stoped THEN you turn on your signal. Later you say you turned on your signal at 80ft. ����
I get to the light and I stopped completely and turn on my turn signal Originally Posted by Carmella_love69
I did use my turn signal before i made the turn i guess it was 80 feet that then 100 smh. Originally Posted by Carmella_love69

I wonder how many tickets the officer writes per day on "minor" infractions. IMHO, officers who do this are fishing for other infractions or behind in their quota. Technically the OP was in violation but how does the officer decide who to ticket as the number of violators must be immense for minor infractions.
Thanks everyone. It was a bad day but the week has been better. Its only my second ticket ever but its kool
Had a similar thing happen to me. Midnight in my 'hood, quiet residential area taking a black lady I know to her car when I rolled a stop sigh. Not a single person or car around totally deserted. Next thing I know DPD pulls me over.

2 of them and I could tell they were rookies. One on each side of the car asking questions, checking ID, the usual. They take about 15 min to run plates. I planned to be gone about 5 min to take my friend to the car so I did not have my DL, but I have the number memorized.

After about 20 min they ask her to get out of the car and take her to the back and search her. I am very white and middle class, so they did not bother me. They went after her. I had no ID, I was driving, but they went after HER.

Now it is about 40 min into the stop. By this time at least 4 other patrol cars drive past slowly to check us out. I assume it was their TO or supervisor.

My friend gets back in the car and we wait some more.

After 1 hour I am given 2 tickets for stop sign and not signaling a left turn. I was PO'd as there was no one to signal to! Total of $400.

Punch Line:
Both rookie cops were Black, one male, one female. And all they did was pick on the black woman with me. It was obvious racism against her and deference to a white middle aged male.
Had a similar thing happen to me. Midnight in my 'hood, quiet residential area taking a black lady I know to her car when I rolled a stop sigh. Not a single person or car around totally deserted. Next thing I know DPD pulls me over.

2 of them and I could tell they were rookies. One on each side of the car asking questions, checking ID, the usual. They take about 15 min to run plates. I planned to be gone about 5 min to take my friend to the car so I did not have my DL, but I have the number memorized.

After about 20 min they ask her to get out of the car and take her to the back and search her. I am very white and middle class, so they did not bother me. They went after her. I had no ID, I was driving, but they went after HER.

Now it is about 40 min into the stop. By this time at least 4 other patrol cars drive past slowly to check us out. I assume it was their TO or supervisor.

My friend gets back in the car and we wait some more.

After 1 hour I am given 2 tickets for stop sign and not signaling a left turn. I was PO'd as there was no one to signal to! Total of $400.

Punch Line:
Both rookie cops were Black, one male, one female. And all they did was pick on the black woman with me. It was obvious racism against her and deference to a white middle aged male. Originally Posted by dallaswill
Your friend should have filed a complaint against those officers. They had no reason to even speak to her. It should have only taken 5 or 10 minutes to write a ticket and move on.
Hey Ravasher,
I wondered the same thing. While this was taking place I was trying to think what I should be doing to make it all go away. Later at the gym I told a fellow gym member who was an officer and he said it should nvr have happened.

Problem is, when you are in the middle of it just how far can you push the police?
And after the fact to whom do you complain?

I took defensive driving to get rid of 1 ticket. It was held in Richardson as a crappy Tex-Mex restaurant and 2 of the subjects covered were DWI and DWB.
None of us white folks had heard of DWB.
But it was a real thing the instructor covered.

Damn.
should have offer to suck his dick. Might have let you off.